Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Official Next Gen Chrysler 200 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-14, 07:45 AM
GoFastTSI
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jbayse99
Well, this is the same car company that makes the Viper, Challenger, Charger, 300, Grand Cherokee, etc., so calling it the worst ever is ridiculous. Do you not remember Daewoo?

Any links to your claim? I'm pretty sure Land Rover owns the least reliable title.
Never argue with an idiot, they will only beat you with years of experience.
Old 04-10-14, 07:50 AM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by 84Cressida
Oh I'm sorry, did I hurt your feelings by deservedly trashing the car the OP is talking about? Nevermind the fact that I've driven those turds more than most (all?) of the people on here EVER will. I guess I have to say nice things about a car company that is consistently ranked at the bottom of reliability surveys year after year, that has taken bailout money from hard working tax payers back in 1979 and 2009 and then further screwed over those who bought their cars and their bondholders in an illegal bankruptcy. Yeah, go Chrysler! You guys rock! Love the Neon! Caliber is the best! Love me some Intrepid!!!!!
Exactly what I was saying. I'll admit Chrysler has made some ****ty cars in its time. But they've also made some awesome cars.

Right, and I'm doing some "general discussion" about the fact that Chrysler is, consistently, THE WORST RANKED AUTOMAKER IN RELIABLITY AND CUSTOMER SATISFACTION, year after year. Just spewing some truth.
My problem, is that your posts are generally blanket statements driven by your biased fanboyism. If somebody placed in front of you an American built vehicle that had gone 300,000 miles without any issues, you would still find a way to bash it. Ergo, you have ZERO credibility.
Old 04-10-14, 08:13 AM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IS350jet
I agree. Aside from the EPA ratings, which are really just manufacturers' numbers, out in the real world the V6 cars are generally getting about the same gas mileage as the turbo 4's in the same segment. The V6 powered cars are leaps and bounds better than the 4 cylinder cars in that they're quieter, smoother, and without argument, more reliable and longer lasting than turbo 4's. Also, the turbo 4's cost just as much as the V6 cars. Yea, give me the V6 any day.
The Accord is the best example of this. It's EPA rated at 34 hwy which is impressive considering it has 278HP and can rip to 60mph in under 6 seconds. Also, V6 owners are reporting this figure as very realistic and are often beating it by a large margin.
I drove 4 bangers for years, mostly Honda's, but after driving my V6 Accord and my ES350 for years, I don't know that could ever go back to a 4, I don't care how powerful or economical it is.
Yeah exactly! And I understand the V6 analogy. I've tried these powerful 4-cyl but the problem is that they're not V6. They just don't have that smoothness and linear power delivery.

If you want to really save on gas the Civic 1.8L is the best. Very frugal
Old 04-10-14, 08:21 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by BrettJacks
Exactly what I was saying. I'll admit Chrysler has made some ****ty cars in its time. But they've also made some awesome cars.

My problem, is that your posts are generally blanket statements driven by your biased fanboyism. If somebody placed in front of you an American built vehicle that had gone 300,000 miles without any issues, you would still find a way to bash it. Ergo, you have ZERO credibility.
really? I dont think his posts are anything like such. In fact, this is the first time I remember him posting such opinion.

In any case, Chrysler's poor quality is well documented, so while there is a chance that they might change their ways, it does not seem so.
Old 04-10-14, 09:01 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

I thought this was ClubLexus, not ClubChrysler. The defenders of the WORST CAR COMPANY IN THE WORLD are really in the wrong place.
Friend, this is CAR CHAT. In THIS SPECIFIC forum, we talk about ALL manufacturers.

I've driven this miserable car more times that I want to. It is BY FAR the worst POS on the road, bar none.
If you think that driving a older Chrysler product is unpleasant, go check out a Smart-for-Two.

Chrysler should've gone out of business, but instead we bailed them out so they can continue to peddle garbage after garbage on unsuspecting people.
Long-term reliability is still a question mark on some newer Chrysler products, but, in general, you are living in the past. Today, they do some pretty nice products in terms of drivability, refinement, and interior trim....FAR better than just a few years ago.
Old 04-10-14, 09:18 PM
Tantrix
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm afraid to say, this 200 will not cut it in this cut throat segment called "mid sized sedans".

dead man walking here.
Old 04-11-14, 06:44 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The new Chrysler LOL-200 ???

At least that is what I read when I saw the thread title.
Old 04-11-14, 10:29 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Tantrix
I'm afraid to say, this 200 will not cut it in this cut throat segment called "mid sized sedans".

dead man walking here.
Give it a chance. Past failures are not necessarily a guarantee of present or future ones.
Old 04-11-14, 11:01 AM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts

I had to go to the first post to remember what this thread was about. 7-Pages of this nonesense.

If anyone's laughing its the OP reading all this

I got a Chrysler 200 as a rental and all I can say about the car is LOL. It's a total joke of a car.
It is no secret that the 2014 and below 200 was a POS compared to everything it competes with. But its ignorant to brush off the new 2015 which is receiving positive reviews and just won one of Ward's 10 Best Interiors. Fiat has done wonders to the brand in such a short amount of time. This latest 200 should do well for them.
Old 04-27-14, 03:52 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,501 Likes on 1,644 Posts

i just saw the review of this car on motorweek and it appears very impressive, with an array of features and upscale trim, in a body design that's quite attractive and stylish.

of course the usual chrysler concerns remain, especially since this 200 is based on alfa romeo tech but anyway, nice car!

can't find the video but some text version of it is here: http://www.motorweek.org/reviews/roa...5_chrysler_200

Old 04-27-14, 04:01 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Saw this car in person at the NYIAS ... it actually looks and feels very nice

The only thing is the price... its kinda expensive IMO... the lady on the floor said the model I sat in was around 38-40k! Not sure if she was mistaken or not ...
Old 04-27-14, 04:25 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
Saw this car in person at the NYIAS ... it actually looks and feels very nice

The only thing is the price... its kinda expensive IMO... the lady on the floor said the model I sat in was around 38-40k! Not sure if she was mistaken or not ...
I just priced out on line--a loaded AWD model is $37,860. That's not cheap, but a loaded Fusion AWD is more expensive, and does not include a V6. If you want AWD, and don't want a luxury brand, 200, Fusion and Subaru are really your only choices.
Old 04-27-14, 04:26 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
I just priced out on line--a loaded AWD model is $37,860. That's not cheap, but a loaded Fusion AWD is more expensive, and does not include a V6. If you want AWD, and don't want a luxury brand, 200, Fusion and Subaru are really your only choices.
so she was right ...

Damn, at 40k, I much rather get an IS or ATS!!! ... Or even a RC350 lol
Old 04-27-14, 06:13 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,501 Likes on 1,644 Posts

so she was right ...

except you can't, unless they're used or base models.
Old 04-27-14, 06:26 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

so she was right ...

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
except you can't, unless they're used or base models.
...and I guaranty within a few months, 200s will be heavily discounted...

However, with the huge April GM incentives, TrueCar says I can get an ATS 2.0 Turbo Performance AWD, with CUE, sunroof and 18" wheels for just over $40k:
Attached Thumbnails Official Next Gen Chrysler 200 Thread-screen-shot-2014-04-27-at-9.34.08-pm.png  

Last edited by tex2670; 04-28-14 at 05:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Official Next Gen Chrysler 200 Thread