Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: What name should Toyota use for the production Toyota FT-1?
Supra gets my vote!
84.31%
I don't know, but its time for a new name.
15.69%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Toyota Supra / FT-1

Old 12-11-13, 10:36 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Toyota Supra / FT-1

http://www.supramkv.com/

Last edited by Vh_Supra26; 09-25-16 at 11:47 AM.
Old 12-11-13, 10:41 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Silhouette certainly pays homage to the Supra of yore!
Old 12-11-13, 12:01 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Toyota Outlines New Gran Turismo 6 Vision Concept, Sparks Comments About Supra

It's only to be expected that, whenever Toyota talks about a coupe model these days, everyone's mind automatically goes to a replacement for the Supra, the brand's last (true) high performance sports car, regardless if it's true.

The same is taking place with this new teaser sketch showing the silhouette of Toyota's racing concept for the Gran Turismo 6 Vision series, even though we only get this photo and nothing else from the Japanese carmaker and the creators of the racing game.

Still, who can blame us for wishful thinking…

The Gran Turismo Vision project, which includes concept cars made from automakers, design houses and other unrelated brands like Nike, will be available as special downloadable content (DLC) for players of the game in early 2014.
http://www.carscoops.com/2013/12/toy...turismo-6.html

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Silhouette certainly pays homage to the Supra of yore!
+1

Last edited by Vh_Supra26; 09-25-16 at 11:44 AM.
Old 12-11-13, 12:11 PM
LexFather

Batman!!! …just bring it….

Old 12-11-13, 12:44 PM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oooo I'm excited to see what it looks like under the lights!
Old 12-11-13, 01:09 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

^Same here lol. We're like a month away from the Detroit Auto Show.

Old 12-11-13, 01:10 PM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Vh_Supra26
^Same here lol. We're like a month away from the Detroit Auto Show.

And 10 years away until Production...
Old 12-11-13, 01:18 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Whitigir
And 10 years away until Production...
I'm pretty sure Tada-San has said it would be faster than that.

Yeah, it is all a Concept. It took the 86 ....7 years or so until Production......the Supra ? Probably another 5 years until production.

Heck, I am sure I won't be able to afford it, if it is the Price range of Corvette or Worse...the GT-R. By the pricing Trance of Toyota Premium Sport cars IS-F, LF-A...... I say, I would realistically expect the new Supra to be 80k+
Oh and it only took them like 2 years (not 7) to go from concept to production with the 2009 FT-86 concept. Two years later the production Toyota 86 debuted at the 2011 Tokyo Auto Show.
Old 12-11-13, 01:30 PM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Vh_Supra26
I'm pretty sure Tada-San has said it would be faster than that.

Oh and it only took them like 2 years (not 7) to go from concept to production with the 2009 FT-86 concept. Two years later the production Toyota 86 debuted at the 2011 Tokyo Auto Show.
Yeah but it was released in 2013. That is at the least 4 years if you want to take it that way. The first 86 concept was back in 2006 or so
Old 12-11-13, 01:39 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah but it was released in 2013. That is at the least 4 years if you want to take it that way. The first 86 concept was back in 2006 or so
Um sales began in early 2012...

Are you talking about the FT-HS? That is a totally different concept. It was a lot larger and powered by the GS' hybrid drivetrain. Some styling clues may have been recycled on the FT-86 concept but other than that the two are not related at all.
Old 12-11-13, 05:46 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

That profile looks nice and aggressive, much better then that FT-HS concept.
Old 12-11-13, 06:30 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by UDel
That profile looks nice and aggressive, much better then that FT-HS concept.
Yeah the FT-HS clearly influenced the new NSX.

Old 12-11-13, 07:08 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope the Supra move from being a GT car to a true sportcar with back seats for kids.
Old 12-12-13, 04:39 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
Yeah the FT-HS clearly influenced the new NSX.
A good pair of eye glasses should definitely be in your future.

Don't see how you could possibly see that the NSX was influenced by the FT-HS, they look nothing alike nor do they even have a similar profile, one is mid engined, the other front engined. The Mark 1 and 2 Celica Supra seem to have influenced the FT-HS the most as others have said, neither of those cars look anything like the old NSX or current NSX either. The FT-HS and NSX do have 4 wheels and 2 doors so maybe that is all it takes for you to think they look just alike or influenced each other. The only other similar styling design element I see they share is a flying buttress C pillar.

The original NSX clearly influenced the NSX convertible seen in "The Avengers" and current NSX concept which are tied to each other, anyone with basic eyesight can easily see that, the only other car I have seen others say may have influenced the NSX concept is the Audi R8 though I don't really see much influence when you actually compare them closely.

That silhouette of a possible new Supra they showed in Gran Turismo looks much better, can't wait to see the concept and it is much closer to what I am hoping a new Supra will look like.
Old 12-12-13, 05:42 PM
LexFather

Talking

Originally Posted by UDel
A good pair of eye glasses should definitely be in your future.

Don't see how you could possibly see that the NSX was influenced by the FT-HS, they look nothing alike nor do they even have a similar profile, one is mid engined, the other front engined. The Mark 1 and 2 Celica Supra seem to have influenced the FT-HS the most as others have said, neither of those cars look anything like the old NSX or current NSX either. The FT-HS and NSX do have 4 wheels and 2 doors so maybe that is all it takes for you to think they look just alike or influenced each other. The only other similar styling design element I see they share is a flying buttress C pillar.

The original NSX clearly influenced the NSX convertible seen in "The Avengers" and current NSX concept which are tied to each other, anyone with basic eyesight can easily see that, the only other car I have seen others say may have influenced the NSX concept is the Audi R8 though I don't really see much influence when you actually compare them closely.

That silhouette of a possible new Supra they showed in Gran Turismo looks much better, can't wait to see the concept and it is much closer to what I am hoping a new Supra will look like.
The 2007 Toyota concept sure has some things the 2016 NSX shares and the NSX rips the LFA interior. Not to mention Lexus and Toyota lead with hybrid tech which Honda is now going after (real hybrids not an IMA assist)

Me thinks you should stop with the insults and accept reality

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Toyota Supra / FT-1