Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > General Forums > Car Chat
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: What name should Toyota use for the production Toyota FT-1?
Supra gets my vote! 80 82.47%
I don't know, but its time for a new name. 17 17.53%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Toyota FT-1 Concept

Old 12-11-13, 06:30 PM   #16
LexFather
Trader Score: ()

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDel View Post
That profile looks nice and aggressive, much better then that FT-HS concept.
Yeah the FT-HS clearly influenced the new NSX.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Old 12-11-13, 07:08 PM   #17
cino
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (1)

Hope the Supra move from being a GT car to a true sportcar with back seats for kids.
cino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-13, 02:43 AM   #18
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Champion

Quote:
That profile looks nice and aggressive, much better then that FT-HS concept.
I think its a little similar?

Click the image to open in full size.
Vh_Supra26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-13, 02:51 AM   #19
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Champion

Default Toyota’s New Vision Gran Turismo Concept Looks Like A Supra Successor

Quote:
When the Mercedes-Benz Vision Gran Turismo concept made its debut at the recent Los Angeles Auto Show, it was revealed that the stunning supercar was just one of a handful of concepts commissioned by the creators of Gran Turismo for the sixth instalment of the popular video game.

Another is believed to be this concept from Toyota, whose profile looks very much like that of a modern-day Supra. The image was posted on French website AutoPlus, which claims it is an official teaser from Toyota.

We’ll have to wait until Toyota finally reveals its new concept to find out more, though the wait may not be long as the Japanese automaker is reported to be planning a new concept previewing a potential Supra successor for next month’s Detroit Auto Show.

Toyota was close to launching a successor to the MkIV Supra late last decade. It was at the 2007 Detroit Auto Show that the automaker unveiled the FT-HS hybrid sports car concept, which featured a hybrid drivetrain with more than 400 horsepower. Then the financial crisis hit and plans for a production version were put on hold.

Though a number of years have passed since then, there are still many within Toyota that want a Supra-like sports car, including new chairman Takeshi Uchiyamada.

Stay tuned for an update.
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...upra-successor
Old 12-12-13, 03:05 AM   #20
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Champion

Toyota UK posted this on their Facebook.

Quote:
Gran Turismo 6, the latest version of the world’s best driving simulator game, launched worldwide on 6 December.

Have you played it yet? As well as featuring a TRD 86 Racing version of the GT86, Toyota committed to develop a special concept car for the game that owners will be able to put through its paces. Here’s the early teaser sketch of this top-secret sports car.

Like this post if you want to see the concept become more than just a digital dream...
https://www.facebook.com/toyotauk
Old 12-12-13, 04:39 PM   #21
UDel
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexFather View Post
Yeah the FT-HS clearly influenced the new NSX.
A good pair of eye glasses should definitely be in your future.

Don't see how you could possibly see that the NSX was influenced by the FT-HS, they look nothing alike nor do they even have a similar profile, one is mid engined, the other front engined. The Mark 1 and 2 Celica Supra seem to have influenced the FT-HS the most as others have said, neither of those cars look anything like the old NSX or current NSX either. The FT-HS and NSX do have 4 wheels and 2 doors so maybe that is all it takes for you to think they look just alike or influenced each other. The only other similar styling design element I see they share is a flying buttress C pillar.

The original NSX clearly influenced the NSX convertible seen in "The Avengers" and current NSX concept which are tied to each other, anyone with basic eyesight can easily see that, the only other car I have seen others say may have influenced the NSX concept is the Audi R8 though I don't really see much influence when you actually compare them closely.

That silhouette of a possible new Supra they showed in Gran Turismo looks much better, can't wait to see the concept and it is much closer to what I am hoping a new Supra will look like.
Old 12-12-13, 05:42 PM   #22
LexFather

Talking

Quote:
A good pair of eye glasses should definitely be in your future.

Don't see how you could possibly see that the NSX was influenced by the FT-HS, they look nothing alike nor do they even have a similar profile, one is mid engined, the other front engined. The Mark 1 and 2 Celica Supra seem to have influenced the FT-HS the most as others have said, neither of those cars look anything like the old NSX or current NSX either. The FT-HS and NSX do have 4 wheels and 2 doors so maybe that is all it takes for you to think they look just alike or influenced each other. The only other similar styling design element I see they share is a flying buttress C pillar.

The original NSX clearly influenced the NSX convertible seen in "The Avengers" and current NSX concept which are tied to each other, anyone with basic eyesight can easily see that, the only other car I have seen others say may have influenced the NSX concept is the Audi R8 though I don't really see much influence when you actually compare them closely.

That silhouette of a possible new Supra they showed in Gran Turismo looks much better, can't wait to see the concept and it is much closer to what I am hoping a new Supra will look like.
The 2007 Toyota concept sure has some things the 2016 NSX shares and the NSX rips the LFA interior. Not to mention Lexus and Toyota lead with hybrid tech which Honda is now going after (real hybrids not an IMA assist)

Me thinks you should stop with the insults and accept reality
Old 12-12-13, 05:52 PM   #23
cino
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
The 2007 Toyota concept sure has some things the 2016 NSX shares and the NSX rips the LFA interior. Not to mention Lexus and Toyota lead with hybrid tech which Honda is now going after (real hybrids not an IMA assist)

Me thinks you should stop with the insults and accept reality
I love your hate toward anything related to Acura. I also would love to inform that the highest spender in R&D in auto industry can't make a better electric engine than Tesla.
Old 12-13-13, 01:31 AM   #24
Vladi
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cino View Post
I love your hate toward anything related to Acura. I also would love to inform that the highest spender in R&D in auto industry can't make a better electric engine than Tesla.
Of course they can just like any other big manufacturer, they just do not want to. Reasons are numerous.
Vladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-13, 08:45 AM   #25
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Champion

I'm hoping to see more teaser / leaked photos next week
Old 12-13-13, 10:04 AM   #26
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Champion

Default From Toyota UK

Quote:
First glimpse of new Toyota sports car concept

December 12th, 2013 by Joe Clifford

Owners of the new Gran Turismo 6 game could be the first to experience Toyota’s exciting new sports car concept.

Would you like to ‘drive’ a brand-new Toyota sports car concept?

Gran Turismo 6, the latest version of the world’s best driving simulator game, launched worldwide last week. As well as including a TRD 86 Racing version of the GT86, Toyota committed to develop an exciting new sports car concept for the game that owners will be able to put through its paces.

Available as free downloadable content early in 2014, the collaboration between Toyota and developer Polyphony Digital forms part of the ambitious Vision Gran Turismo programme. Its purpose is to reward the franchise’s loyal fan-base with a unique window into the future of automotive design and celebrate 15 years of GT gaming history.

This is the only image available at the moment but any talk of Toyota and new sports cars always leads to speculation on the introduction of a spiritual successor to the Supra.

We never comment on speculation but it’s clear that there are familiar proportions in the shape of the silhouette…
http://blog.toyota.co.uk/first-glimp...ts-car-concept
Old 12-13-13, 10:36 AM   #27
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Champion

Kinda off topic, but this is BMW's Vision Gran Turismo Concept.

Old 12-13-13, 11:47 AM   #28
LexFather

Quote:
Originally Posted by cino View Post
Before you attack you might want to do some research Not only did Toyota state they don't have much faith in that market, they made money owning Tesla stock

http://blogs.wsj.com/corporate-intel...e-is-a-market/

Quote:
Toyota Motor Corp. isn’t going to be investing heavily into electric vehicles and the company Chairman, Takeshi Uchiyamada, doesn’t think there is much of a market for them.

“The reason why Toyota doesn’t introduce any major [all-electric product] is because we do not believe there is a market to accept it,” Mr. Uchiyamada said in an interview following a speech on Monday at the Economic Club of Washington, D.C.

That’s not to say Toyota hasn’t benefited from its partnership with electric vehicle maker, Tesla Motors. Toyota has received a powertrain for its RAV4 electric vehicle and also some venture-fueled excitement for its employees. Oh — and it also has paper gains of approximately $503 million on the 2.941 million shares of stock it bought in the Palo Alto, Calif.-based auto maker.
My apologies for thinking some of the NSX styling looks like the 6 year old FT-HS…..
Old 12-13-13, 12:12 PM   #29
cino
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Before you attack you might want to do some research Not only did Toyota state they don't have much faith in that market, they made money owning Tesla stock

http://blogs.wsj.com/corporate-intel...e-is-a-market/

My apologies for thinking some of the NSX styling looks like the 6 year old FT-HS…..
Keep believing those scripted interview.
Isn't that the way corporations make money? Invest in a company that do better than them in a category?
Why would they want to take risk investing on something already exist when they can buy it much much cheaper?
If there is something NSX looks similar to, it's r8. No matter how you slice it, RR will never have the proportion of FR.
Old 12-13-13, 12:20 PM   #30
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Champion

This is what he posted in the other Supra thread.

Old 12-13-13, 12:20 PM

Tags
concept, forums, ft, ft1, future, gran, gran turismo, mirai, price, sports, supra, supre, toyota, tube, turismo, vision