Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2017 Honda Ridgeline

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-13, 02:51 PM
SteVTEC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
They could have given it the MDX drivetrain for a healthy bump in MPG and power. Still, it might have been too late in its life to get that sort of treatment.
Considering development of the Ridgeline was going on during the heights of the Honda auto tranny fiascos from 2001-2004, they were probably terrified of putting anything more than that in there and decided to just leave well enough alone.

Just checked Consumer Reports, and the Ridgeline is about as solid as it gets these days. No worries on any particular year, so definitely a good buy used with few worries.
Old 12-12-13, 07:37 PM
Tantrix
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

get a real SUV, like the dodge durango. I think those are one of the best looking suv's out there....and a REAL SUV as well.
Old 12-14-13, 03:24 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kira X
I thought they had quit making these trucks like a year or two ago? It's good to see a new one is coming out.
Nope, and the current model will continue unit 2014.
Old 12-14-13, 01:09 PM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

One thing I so t understand about Honda is that it takes them so long to respond or to live up to their expectations, that is if they actually do..
Old 12-16-13, 01:11 PM
gymratter
Lead Lap

this truck had really poor sales numbers. im surprises Honda will be doing an act II.
Old 10-09-14, 06:23 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Next Honda Ridgeline to eschew weird visuals, go mainstream?

Last year, Honda gave us the first furtive glance at the next-generation Ridgeline with a shadowy photo of it in profile (above), and it promised that the pickup would "come to market in less than two years." That would have put the truck on track for a 2015 debut, but the automaker hasn't said anything more officially about the new model since then.

A new report from USA Today might shed some new light on the mysterious model. It claims that the next Ridgeline has more conventional pickup styling than the original model in a bid to conquest some buyers. You can get that feeling from the sketch, which appears to showing something far more traditional than the unorthodox original Ridgeline, whose odd tapering bedsides terminated in a double-hinged tailgate.

USA Today goes on to claim that the new Ridgeline will go on sale around late 2015 or early 2016. That's a bit later than expected, but fits with an earlier rumor.

Even accepting the Honda's original two-year claim, the new Ridgeline is diving into a filling pool of midsize pickups. The new Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon should have their diesel engines about then, and the next Toyota Tacoma is rumored for around then too. A Nissan Frontier successor might also be on the way. That's a lot of fresh competition hitting at roughly the same time for a segment that hasn't seen a new entrant in many years.

The original Alabama-built Ridgeline wasn't exactly a rip-roaring sales success with its unibody chassis and quirky layout. So maybe Honda is right to bide its time until the next one is perfect.
http://www.autoblog.com/2014/10/08/h...ng-mainstream/

Last edited by Vh_Supra26; 01-13-15 at 07:22 PM.
Old 01-13-15, 07:19 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default New Honda Ridgeline coming in 2016

Besides announcing the redesigned Pilot, Honda confirmed plans to introduce a new Ridgeline in 2016. A previous teaser image showed the truck will adopt a more conventional design with a rounded front fascia and a steeply raked windscreen.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11501138...-new-ridgeline

Last edited by Vh_Supra26; 01-13-15 at 07:22 PM.
Old 01-13-15, 09:01 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by gymratter
this truck had really poor sales numbers. im surprises Honda will be doing an act II.
Not only that, but Hyundai doing a similar concept-vehicle.
Old 01-13-15, 09:14 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Well guess that's good news. Not that a V6 Ridgeline excites me but at least its more mainstream looks should garner more positive reactions than the first gen.
Old 01-13-15, 10:38 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

When will Honda do the right thing and cancel this hideous monstrosity?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using IB AutoGroup
Old 01-13-15, 10:40 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

the ridgeline didnt sell that great but people who have them love them for the great versatility, utility, with car-like driving characteristics. there appears to be a market there that could be bigger with better aesthetics.
Old 01-13-15, 10:45 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

thankfully the bed doesnt have that very odd angle. You can actually get more utility out of the more conventional design
Old 01-13-15, 11:37 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
the ridgeline didnt sell that great but people who have them love them for the great versatility, utility, with car-like driving characteristics. there appears to be a market there that could be bigger with better aesthetics.
The ones that were sold, Ridgeline has a small cult following. Most owners I meet love the quirky thing
Old 01-14-15, 06:05 AM
baddis es
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
The ones that were sold, Ridgeline has a small cult following. Most owners I meet love the quirky thing
this. Especially Canadian folks, was surprised at the amount of personal friends/family who actually owned one on my last visit there a couple years back.

i doubt they liked my comments on the Honda transmission fails throughout the years, though
Old 01-14-15, 06:39 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
That's been my experience, too, from what I've seen. Owners are few, but support is deep.

Quick Reply: 2017 Honda Ridgeline