Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Bmw m3 & m4 reveal

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-15, 07:39 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
A base M4 is 65k with CF bits and NAV standard.
Not sure where ppl get 80-90k.
Also a regular C7 vette can be optioned out also to 80k+
dont you love when people match a base vehicle vs a car with EVERY available option and then compare the prices? hahahaha

but yeah....to get to $80-90K on an M4 you have to get the ceramic brakes which at $8000 . you can get a nicely equipped M4 in the low 70s and thats before negotiating another 5-8% off.
Old 05-28-15, 11:42 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by DrRick
dont you love when people match a base vehicle vs a car with EVERY available option and then compare the prices? hahahaha

but yeah....to get to $80-90K on an M4 you have to get the ceramic brakes which at $8000 . you can get a nicely equipped M4 in the low 70s and thats before negotiating another 5-8% off.
whatever it takes to make a case right?

over the last week i suddenly see more m4 around. i even saw couple of m3. the car looks quite different (much more aggressive) than the regular 3/4, enough for me to notice them right away
Old 05-28-15, 01:57 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
whatever it takes to make a case right?

over the last week i suddenly see more m4 around. i even saw couple of m3. the car looks quite different (much more aggressive) than the regular 3/4, enough for me to notice them right away
we saw an M3, the other day. she noticed, right away, how aggressive the rear is. she couldnt place it but knew it reminded her of an older M3 model. when i showed her a pic of the E30 M3, she immediately recognized it as the car she was talking about. the cars really have a presence...
Old 05-28-15, 09:44 PM
ry1987
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gorgeous car. Really like what they've done with it
Old 07-08-15, 05:01 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

150 - Production started

That's the code you see on BMW's website as you track your vehicle's progress. Second time I've gotten this notice 😒

After haggling over prices for weeks...we finally got the deal we wanted. Only to see that the car she ordered was started without a moonroof. Smh. So the dealership scurried and found another allocation and ordered the car correctly. I'm so glad I stopped the dealership to pick up some paperwork. Could you imagine waiting 6-8 weeks and taking delivery of a car that didn't have the MAIN THING that made ordering necessary???

Interesting note...while we were able to get allocation and build for the M4 pretty easily (hell, the order for this new build was placed last Wednesday and the production started on Friday)...people are having to wait until August to secure a spot for the M3. Some dealerships have longer waits. I don't know if they're that popular or BMW is just limiting allocations like crazy. If we would've had to wait til October to get it, I doubt it would've happened.

Anywho...the wait begins.
Old 07-08-15, 05:24 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

M3 has a greater presence than M4 because of the better proportions and the big flared rear fenders. M4 looks off to me
Old 07-08-15, 05:31 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
M3 has a greater presence than M4 because of the better proportions and the big flared rear fenders. M4 looks off to me
i tried to convince her but...it has 4 doors. smh...
Old 07-08-15, 02:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by DrRick
150 - Production started

That's the code you see on BMW's website as you track your vehicle's progress. Second time I've gotten this notice 😒

After haggling over prices for weeks...we finally got the deal we wanted. Only to see that the car she ordered was started without a moonroof. Smh. So the dealership scurried and found another allocation and ordered the car correctly. I'm so glad I stopped the dealership to pick up some paperwork. Could you imagine waiting 6-8 weeks and taking delivery of a car that didn't have the MAIN THING that made ordering necessary???

Interesting note...while we were able to get allocation and build for the M4 pretty easily (hell, the order for this new build was placed last Wednesday and the production started on Friday)...people are having to wait until August to secure a spot for the M3. Some dealerships have longer waits. I don't know if they're that popular or BMW is just limiting allocations like crazy. If we would've had to wait til October to get it, I doubt it would've happened.

Anywho...the wait begins.
funny a m3 just popped up at my local dealership yesterday unspoken for. but yes, i think bmw allocates more slots on the m4 than m3.
Old 07-27-15, 10:26 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

The world premiere of the latest Mission: Impossible film (Mission: Impossible 5 - Rogue Nation) just took place in Vienna, Austria. Stars like Tom Cruise and Simon Pegg spent hours on the red carpet talking to their fans. Also at the premiere and included in the film: Many different BMW vehicles. So we asked the stars, how they enjoyed driving them.

After too many years of crappy computer generated car stunts, practical effects are coming back. Mad Max set the tone this year and the new Mission Impossible flick is carrying the torch into the summer. Here’s a brief look behind the scenes at how Tom Cruise and Co. are bringing real driving back to the big screen.

Is the new Honda Civic Type R as fast as it looks? We see if it goes quicker round the track than a BMW M3 and Audi RS3. Believe us - this FWD vs RWD vs AWD track battle is not to be missed!
Old 07-28-15, 11:10 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

bmw m in MI = awesome
Old 08-07-15, 09:57 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Matt reviews the new BMW M4 modified with DINAN's "S1" Package. With power, handling, and grip upgrades nicely complimenting each other, is the M4 made that much better?
Old 08-09-15, 09:34 AM
Boxman
Driver School Candidate

These new M3/M4's really impressed me. I R&D'ed the downpipes for ar design when I worked there and they really are well put together, compared to the E9x series.
Old 08-09-15, 06:14 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Boxman
These new M3/M4's really impressed me. I R&D'ed the downpipes for ar design when I worked there and they really are well put together, compared to the E9x series.
sooooo....ummmm....you can get me a hook up? should i send you a PM?
Old 08-13-15, 07:39 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Be one of the first to see this amazing initial preview of an ultimate driving machine for use on the road and, above all, on the race track. The BMW Concept M4 GTS showcases new technologies like a water injection system for a significant output and torque boost or OLED rear-lights for an unmistakable appearance. More at http://www.m-power.com/m4gts - what do you think about this concept car?"
Old 09-02-15, 06:43 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Vorsteiner is highly regarded as one of the leaders in aftermarket carbon fiber aerodynamics. They have always had a focus on the BMW market, so it is no surprise that their current "Halo Build" is a carbon fiber widebody M4. Built with both function and form in mind, Vorsteiner wanted to pair a suspension solution to the M4 that could do the same. AccuAir stepped in to pair our industry leading e-Level Air Management that controls a set of Bilstein Air Struts built by HP Drivetech. The final result is one mean-handling machine that has the performance you need with the ability to have the look you want at a push of a button.

Quick Reply: Bmw m3 & m4 reveal