Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Bmw m3 & m4 reveal

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-15, 07:06 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Picked up this beauty on Friday...

Today...I got a CEL with Drivetrain Malfunction warning on the dash. Pulled the fault code and it says bad fuel injector on the #4 cylinder. Lots of sputtering and lethargy...and anger. THE CAR HAS LESS THAN 200 MILES ON IT!!!

But hey...it was awesome when it was working like its s'posed to. Smh...
Old 09-06-15, 10:51 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

^
That sucks.

Contact BMW NA and they should work with you on getting this resolved plus giving you some $$$ incentive.
Old 09-07-15, 07:09 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

your car is stunning - hopefully just one glitch and no more!
Old 09-07-15, 07:28 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
your car is stunning - hopefully just one glitch and no more!
Her car, Paul. I must remember that this is HER car. HAHAHAHA.

Reading up on it on bimmerpost...this seems to be pretty common with a pretty easy fix. But having been on CL for so long...it's hard not to be discouraged with a problem on a brand new car or let the thought of the new BMW sitting in a service bay for extended amounts of time while they try to figure out a fix.

But I'm gonna think positive and break out the clay bar/iron-x/Meg's polish/CQuartz and get to work on sealing the paint on this cool, lazy Labor Day. Will post pics when I'm done.

Hope all is well. Happy Labor Day, CL!!!
Old 09-07-15, 09:35 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DrRick
Her car, Paul. I must remember that this is HER car. HAHAHAHA.

Reading up on it on bimmerpost...this seems to be pretty common with a pretty easy fix. But having been on CL for so long...it's hard not to be discouraged with a problem on a brand new car or let the thought of the new BMW sitting in a service bay for extended amounts of time while they try to figure out a fix.

But I'm gonna think positive and break out the clay bar/iron-x/Meg's polish/CQuartz and get to work on sealing the paint on this cool, lazy Labor Day. Will post pics when I'm done.

Hope all is well. Happy Labor Day, CL!!!
And that's why I sold my M5, when the dealer offers to pick the car up at my home because of so many issues and they said it's not that common it's time to move on.

Also do this AFTER they fix the car if they can.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Atlan...721274?fref=ts
Old 09-08-15, 12:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

car looks great!

bummer it has the problem. i hope it's a simple fix like you read!
Old 09-08-15, 01:24 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
car looks great!

bummer it has the problem. i hope it's a simple fix like you read!
its at the dealership as we speak. they were incredibly sympathetic to my ordeal. but yooooo....whats the deal with putting my credit card on file for the loaner and bringing the car back with the same amount of gas as when it left??? maybe its been a while since i've had a loaner but i dont remember infiniti or lexus doing that...
Old 09-08-15, 02:33 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

its at the dealership as we speak. they were incredibly sympathetic to my ordeal. but yooooo....whats the deal with putting my credit card on file for the loaner and bringing the car back with the same amount of gas as when it left??? maybe its been a while since i've had a loaner but i dont remember infiniti or lexus doing that...
I recently had an Audi loaner while my car was in for service, and they did the credit card and gas thing. They also wanted iinsurance information.
Old 09-08-15, 03:20 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

so it was a loose connector on the #4 fuel injector. which makes sense as my father in law hit a rather large pothole right before the DTM/CEL came on. she's back on the road!!!
Old 09-08-15, 03:48 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

but yooooo....whats the deal with putting my credit card on file for the loaner and bringing the car back with the same amount of gas as when it left???
doesn't surprise me. i've no doubt many people abused the loaner thing and brought them back running on fumes, so not only does the dealer eat the depreciation but also the gas cost. when it was $4-5 a gallon, that adds up.

so it was a loose connector on the #4 fuel injector. which makes sense as my father in law hit a rather large pothole right before the DTM/CEL came on. she's back on the road!!!
surprising the connector can come loose, but glad it was something simple! i'm now more worried about what a pothole did to HER car's amazing suspension.
Old 09-08-15, 09:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

it's been the case for a while. ever since the gas price hike last time, most dealerships (i mean pretty much all around me) have asked for the same level of gas back. and some asked for my cc on file as well (those dealerships that don't know me well) because they have run into a lot of cases where people "refused" to return the loaners

i will say if anything, so far my experience in mb and bmw giving me loaners have been far more courteous than lexus (apple to apple)
Old 09-17-15, 07:10 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BMW M is set to unveil a BMW M3 in “Münchner Wirte” livery to coincide with this year’s Oktoberfest in Munich (19 September – 4 October).
Old 10-06-15, 06:19 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The new BMW M4 GTS is a pure sports car: Lap time Nordschleife: 7 min. 28s. From 0-100 km/h in 3.8 seconds.
Old 10-07-15, 12:08 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Wow so is this a production model? Somehow I like the retro style wheels
I know the rear spoiler is functional but I would remove it if I get one.
Old 10-07-15, 01:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by blacksc400
Wow so is this a production model? Somehow I like the retro style wheels
I know the rear spoiler is functional but I would remove it if I get one.
yup, 700 built, 300 to the US.

this is so crazy. few years back you are golden if you rock the M or the AMG badge. now those are like the admission ticket. they now have M GTS, AMG S, and then AMG BS. that's crazy. lexus needs to catch up even faster

Quick Reply: Bmw m3 & m4 reveal