Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

For those of you going to the Detroit and D.C. Auto Shows

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-13, 07:15 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts
Default For those of you going to the Detroit and D.C. Auto Shows

As I usually post each December, here are the official websites for the 2014 Detroit North American International Auto Show at Cobo Hall and the WANADA Washington, D.C. Auto Show at the D.C. Convention Center. The Detroit show will be a long one this time, almost two weeks (January 13-26, 2014), while the D.C. Show will overlap somewhat, starting January 23 and ending February 2. I suspect that with the tail end of the Detroit show overlapping D.C.'s a couple of days, that means that it may (?) have some displays that won't get down here to D.C. for the first few days at least....or not at all.

Nevertheless, as usual, I still plan to attend the D.C. show for the better part of at least three or four days (as long as my aging feet/legs/back hold out while I stand and walk on them for hours, as I wasn't born yesterday). I usually get free show-passes from local dealerships.....and so could some of you, maybe, if you are planning to attend. Just walk into any local D.C.-area new-car dealership of any make and ask for a couple of them.....although it usually helps if you know people at the dealership beforehand. The passes usually start arriving about a week or so before the show. Technically, the passes are for dealership and manufacturer-reps working the displays, but they give them out to the general public as long as the supply lasts.....after all, they generally WANT you to attend and look at their products.

And, of course, don't even try and drive or park in downtown D.C. Take the Metro Subway Green/Yellow Line and get out at the Mt. Vernon/Convention-Center stop. The door to the show is right above the station itself.

http://www.naias.com/

http://www.washingtonautoshow.com/

Last edited by mmarshall; 12-06-13 at 07:36 PM.