Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

RIP Paul Walker Dead at 40: Fast and the Furious Actor Dies In Car Accident

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-13, 10:38 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Such a tragedy. Having a charitable function with a car meet- that can pretty much sum up his life. Always giving back and helping others, all the while having cars surround him. The guy was a class act, and a true asset to the car scene. May you rest in peace, Paul Walker.
Old 11-30-13, 11:14 PM
vipXjunky
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what breaks my heart is that he was giving to the community, helping the states and country that was destroyed by these natural disaster. He was also living with a daughter and now she is left alone. God took this man early because he has done his part on being a supportive and a great human being. RIP and condolence goes out to everyone that's effected by this.
Old 12-01-13, 12:24 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Super sad and he seemed like a giving, warm-hearted person. I'd estimate a security video camera caught this and will surface in a day or two. It's on a heavy commercial-industrial street. And speaking of the area, my dad just dropped off our RV a block away about an hour before. Hate ironies like that.
Old 12-01-13, 04:11 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

R.I.P

How fast were they going? I doubt this would happened if they hit the pole at low speeds..

Last edited by SNiiP3R; 12-01-13 at 04:22 AM.
Old 12-01-13, 06:34 AM
Marklouis
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Roger Rodas was the driver.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...shed-pole.html
Old 12-01-13, 06:41 AM
wuzzy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RIP. I made myself a tribute sticker to display on my car.

Great guy and great actor.

Looks like speed limit was 35 mph at the scene.
Old 12-01-13, 06:44 AM
06350F
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me first day rip Paul! I also know very little to anything about the certain car they were in. But dosnt anyone think an ex race car driver would have had better control of a car especially someone with a racing back round?
I'm going to assume the car is or was made out of carbon fiber? That tree it hit isn't that impressive to inflict that much damage. Why or how could have it burst into flames? Was it on 100 octane fuel? You would think that porsha could have designed better closed fuel systems for their 100k+ cars? Just dosnt make a whole lot of sense to me that nick hogan can destroy his car and do crazy damage in an older supra then walk away. Also that his supra was modified ,but yet you have a factory built race car and it explodes like a 70's gremlin?
I just don't get it?
Old 12-01-13, 06:47 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow! Tragic...R.I.P. PW
Old 12-01-13, 07:01 AM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BLAZE_TYLR
Let me first day rip Paul! I also know very little to anything about the certain car they were in. But dosnt anyone think an ex race car driver would have had better control of a car especially someone with a racing back round?
I'm going to assume the car is or was made out of carbon fiber? That tree it hit isn't that impressive to inflict that much damage. Why or how could have it burst into flames? Was it on 100 octane fuel? You would think that porsha could have designed better closed fuel systems for their 100k+ cars? Just dosnt make a whole lot of sense to me that nick hogan can destroy his car and do crazy damage in an older supra then walk away. Also that his supra was modified ,but yet you have a factory built race car and it explodes like a 70's gremlin?
I just don't get it?
I seriously do think thus was due to a malfunction in the car. I also seriously doubt a race car experienced driver can crash like that. Why the fire ? And why the pole ?
Old 12-01-13, 07:09 AM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
R.I.P

How fast were they going? I doubt this would happened if they hit the pole at low speeds..
The police have stated that speed was a factor. (kinda obvious anyway)

I just don't get how a very experienced driver on a perfectly clear afternoon with no other cars around could lose control of a car so tragically. This is a very odd case.

Originally Posted by BLAZE_TYLR
I just don't get it?
Yeah, a lot of questions have to be answered. It seems like these high end sports cars don't have to meet safety standards. But how could that be? ALL cars are subject to all federal safety standards, no? Most cars wouldn't burst into flames in such a crash. Or be torn apart so easily.
Old 12-01-13, 07:12 AM
06350F
Lead Lap

That's what in trying to figure out my self. Did a quick read on wiki about the car. Had no idea it was a mid engine porsha. So the gas tank was in the rear behind the V10? It's hard to get an accurate layout on a car they only imported like 1200 of. I will say that it is impressively built,but I no idea on what made it engulf it's self in flames from just hitting a tree...
Old 12-01-13, 07:58 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by -J-P-L-
The police have stated that speed was a factor. (kinda obvious anyway)

I just don't get how a very experienced driver on a perfectly clear afternoon with no other cars around could lose control of a car so tragically. This is a very odd case.
speed kills....if you're going too fast bad things can happen....no matter what the conditions are.
Old 12-01-13, 08:11 AM
Teal Sc400
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Tmz has a video of the burning Porsche, by a bystander, before emergencies vechiles arrive at the scene. http://www.tmz.com
Old 12-01-13, 08:15 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

maybe last photo?

Old 12-01-13, 08:18 AM
SPLiFFY
Driver

You guys bring up some very valid points about the driver being experienced and the road being clear. I guess this goes to show that driving experience has nothing to do with accidents. No one is invulnerable. I can't help but constantly search the net looking for updates.

There are some cruel pics out there though poking fun at Paul dying "fast and furious" but he really did have an ironic death. On his facebook memorial page people were cruel enough to post pics of Paul's face after the accident :'(

I'm actually mad that he had to die in a stupid Porsche. :\ See now if it were JDM it would have been a different story :x

I was thinking about a sticker for my car also but I'm not that creative yet. If you guys do it, post it! The tuner world will never be the same

Idk what else to say. Sounds stupid but I kept on waking up through the night hoping it was fake He is such a great actor and role model. Sad that he left behind a daughter and poor Roger has a family also

FnF is pretty much gone now. There is NO ONE who can replace O'Conner.

If there is one thing I've learned, its that a person can never truly die because they live on in the hearts of those whose lives they touched.

And for the rest of you...
LOW AND SLOW GUYS. THAT'S THE TEMPO. D:

Be safe everyone and I hope we get a better glimpse of what REALLY happened.

Quick Reply: RIP Paul Walker Dead at 40: Fast and the Furious Actor Dies In Car Accident