Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Official 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-14, 03:11 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
you like this colorado interior?

It may not have lavish-looking trim, but the materials are at least better than what was in the old truck. There wasn't much on the old truck at all, inside or out, that I found very impressive. In fact, that is one reason why I didn't bother to write up and post a formal review on it. if I had shared my honest opinion of it in a long review, some people wouldn't have believed it. I would have probably been accused of being overly-slanted and biased. Consumer Reports, BTW, also gave it a very low rating.

Last edited by mmarshall; 06-22-14 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-05-14, 10:40 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts
Default 2015 Chevy Colorado to start at $20,100*, GMC Canyon at $20,995**

2015 Chevrolet Colorado Starts at $20,995

Includes extended cab, 200-horsepower 2.5L engine, 6-speed manual transmission

DETROIT – Suggested retail prices for the 2015 Chevrolet Colorado extended-cab pickup will start at $20,995, including an $895 dealer freight charge, Chevrolet announced today.

Standard features will include a 200-horsepower 2.5L four-cylinder engine with direct fuel injection and continuously variable valve timing for strong midrange torque; a 6-speed manual transmission; power windows with express up for the driver; a rear-vision camera with dynamic guide lines; and a locking tailgate.

"Colorado is an all-new midsize pickup that offers truck customers great versatility and great value," said Tony Johnson, Colorado marketing manager. "It will also have strong appeal for people who know they want a truck, but want one that is easier to maneuver in traffic and easier to park at work or at home."

Available options will include a 305-horsepower 3.6L V-6, also with direct fuel injection and variable valve timing; a 6-speed automatic transmission; 4G LTE with a built-in WiFi hotspot; Forward Collision Alert and Land Departure Warning; and the GearOn™ accessory system, a comprehensive solution for organizing and carrying bikes, paddle boards and other equipment.

Colorado customers can chose from two cab configurations, extended-cab and crew-cab. Crew-cab Colorados will offer a choice of 5- or 6-foot boxes; extended-cab models come with the 6-foot box.

Other Colorado models also will offer great value. For example, the Colorado LT crew cab with 2WD and the 5-foot box has a starting price, including dealer freight, of $27,985. The Colorado Z71 crew cab 4x4 with the 5-foot box starts at $34,990.

Colorado will be available in Chevrolet dealerships nationwide in the fall of 2014. Detailed pricing and EPA fuel economy estimates will be available closer to launch.

---

2015 GMC Canyon Pricing Starts at $21,880

Signature LED lighting, rear vision camera among standard equipment

DETROIT – Pricing for the all-new 2015 GMC Canyon mid-size pickup will start at $21,880, including a $925 dealer freight charge, GMC announced today.

"The all-new Canyon provides a one-two punch that customers tell us they've been waiting for," said Canyon Marketing Manager Kenn Bakowski. "Now they can get a premium vehicle in terms of styling, features and technology, with all the inherent capabilities and maneuverability of a mid-size pickup."

Standard equipment on the Canyon includes the 2.5L I-4 Direct Injected engine, rated at 200 horsepower, signature light-emitting diode, or LED, lighting, four-way power driver's seat, CornerStep rear bumper, and 16-inch aluminum wheels.

Additional models will bring additional value – beginning with the SLE trim level, with prices starting at $27,520 (2WD extended cab), Canyon customers get aluminum interior trim, soft-touch instrument panel and door pads, EZ-lift and lower tailgate, eight-inch diagonal color-touch radio with Intellilink, and OnStar 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot with a three-month or three-GB trial (whichever comes first). A 4WD Canyon SLT crew cab short box model starts at $37,875, and includes the 3.6L V-6 engine with 305 horsepower, leather-appointed seating, automatic climate control, 18-inch polished cast-aluminum wheels, remote start and an automatic locking rear differential.

Available options include the 3.6L V-6 engine with direct injection and variable valve timing, a six-speed automatic transmission, Bose premium seven-speaker audio system, and the GearOn™ accessory system, a comprehensive solution for organizing and carrying bikes, kayaks and other equipment.

Canyon customers will have multiple cab and bed configurations to choose from, including extended cab models with a 6-foot 2-inch box, or crew cab models with either the 6-foot 2-inch or a 5-foot 2-inch box.

Additionally, every 2015 Canyon comes with Pro Grade Protection, which, in addition to a five-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty and three-year/36,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty, includes two years or 24,000 miles – whichever comes first – of standard scheduled maintenance.

The new Canyon will be in dealerships this fall. Detailed pricing information and EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings will be announced closer to vehicle availability.
http://www.autoblog.com/2014/08/05/2...cing-official/
Old 08-06-14, 02:30 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

I hope the interior quality of this vehicle will be compared to it's peers and not to the previous model. ANYTHING will be an improvement over the past one, so it's important to point out how far, if anywhere at all, GM has taken it today.
Old 08-06-14, 02:36 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
I hope the interior quality of this vehicle will be compared to it's peers and not to the previous model. ANYTHING will be an improvement over the past one, so it's important to point out how far, if anywhere at all, GM has taken it today.
It's nothing at all like the previous gen, in a good way. Pricing is fairly aggressive, Colorado is basically coming in nearly in line with Tacoma (which has built up a huge nearly cult-like following) and Canyon may extend beyond Tacoma with certain features that Tacoma admittedly doesn't even offer right now.

They're both more "mini" full size trucks, quite substantive, but a different flavor from the Tacoma, which is more sporty and somewhat youthful.

We'll see how they do in the market place. It'll definitely be a test for the 10 year old Tacoma. Next Tacoma won't be out for another year. Likely debut at Chicago in the Spring.
Old 08-06-14, 02:39 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too hope that the interior quality is decent, although I really don't expect it to be. However, the design is already ugly - that we know from pics.

Old 08-06-14, 02:42 PM
LexFather

Well it is a 20 grand truck base and its not like a 20 grand GM interior is amazing either. I hope its fine for the price though it isn't aesthetically pleasing.

Old 08-06-14, 03:12 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
I too hope that the interior quality is decent, although I really don't expect it to be. However, the design is already ugly - that we know from pics.
In person the interior isn't that ugly, nicely sized and grippy rubber *****, buttons and toggles are big and well marked/illuminated. The Tacoma interior looks its age and then some next to the GM interiors.

Tiny screen/radio interface, no custom menus in the gauge cluster, ancient tiny HVAC ***** that are super thin plastic, etc.

2016 Tacoma will get a nice refresh.
Old 08-06-14, 03:39 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Tacoma interior is now a decade old, and the materials used are still decent but it's definitely time for Toyota to update the truck - long overdue, actually.

With these new GM twins, I expected something a little more appealing for an all-new 2015 product that's being launched into such a competitive segment. I've seen and felt many of GM's newer interiors in person and feel that GM does a nice job of photoshopping press photos, and then the "real life" impressions are horribly disappointing. Cadillac is the only exception to this rule, IMO.
Old 09-02-14, 12:23 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With almost 75,000 pounds of sand, see how these artists make a masterpiece of the Chevy Colorado for the U.S. Sand Sculpting Championship in San Diego, California!
Old 09-05-14, 07:30 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2015 Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon Rated at 26 MPG Highway

GM’s has released EPA fuel economy estimates for its entry-level pickups, the 2015 Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon, with both trucks said to offer segment-leading fuel-economy for V6 midsize pickups.

GM says that for V6 pickups with automatic transmissions, which make up the majority of midsize truck sales, Colorado and Canyon offer highway fuel economy 3 to 5 mpg better than competitors.

The EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings for 2WD versions powered by the 305-hp 3.6-liter V6 engine are 18 mpg (13 l/100km) city/21 mpg (11.2 l/100km) combined/26 mpg (9 l/100km) highway. All-wheel drive variants return 17 mpg (13.8 l/100km) city/20 mpg (11.7 l/100km) combined/24 mpg (9.8 l/100km) highway.

For the 2016 model year, the two trucks will also offer a 2.8-liter Duramax turbodiesel which is expected to be the most fuel-efficient of the lineup. The 2015 Colorado and Canyon arrive in US dealerships this fall.

“Colorado offers some of the best EPA fuel economy estimates of any pickup in a fun-to-drive, easy-to-own package,” said Tony Johnson, Colorado marketing manager. “Innovations such as available active grille shutters combine with an aerodynamic design in a smaller, more maneuverable package to set a new standard for fuel economy in midsize trucks,” added Kenn Bakowski, Canyon marketing manager.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/09/201...mc-canyon.html
Old 09-05-14, 08:10 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Those are truly impressive numbers for a 305hp pickup. Nicely done, GM
Old 09-05-14, 12:13 PM
Hoovey689

Small Trucks gearing up for another bout with the competition. GM Twins, Tacoma soon, Frontier in works
Old 09-26-14, 08:08 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Chevrolet Previews Colorado Sport Concept Ahead of SEMA Debut

Chevrolet has previewed the lifestyle-oriented Colorado Sport concept at the State Fair of Texas ahead of the study’s full reveal scheduled for the SEMA Show in early November.

At the heart of the Colorado Sport study is the adjustable GearOn Accessory System, which allows customers to stow larger items such as bikes and kayaks above the bed, leaving room for smaller gear, such as coolers and tents, inside the bed. Other lifestyle and personalization accessories include assist steps, cargo rings, splash guards, tiered storage, bike rack, cargo divider and wheel lip moldings.

The Chevrolet Colorado Sport is showcased with a pair of mountain bikes mounted in the bed, but the truck can accommodate all sorts of sports gear.

“It’s not just mountain bikes, but just about any passion you can name, from kayaking, fishing, dirt bikes and more,” said Tony Johnson, Colorado marketing manager. “It’s a truck for those who need the versatility of a pickup to support their work and lifestyle interests, but don’t need a full-size truck to do it,” the executive added.

Chevrolet says all the accessories showcased on the study are available from Chevrolet dealers, minus the unique wheels which “are being evaluated for future production.”
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/09/che...ado-sport.html
Old 09-26-14, 11:23 AM
Hoovey689

If I was a teen again I'd love a small sporty truck like this. Damn you Ford for killing the Ranger Stateside!
Old 09-26-14, 01:23 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
If I was a teen again I'd love a small sporty truck like this. Damn you Ford for killing the Ranger Stateside!
But it's really not all that small! And I don't think this "concept" is really all that impressive, it's just piling on ever single accessory they've developed.

Quick Reply: Official 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Thread