Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Small things that bug you about our Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-13, 06:37 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Wheel gaps like are sometimes used for several good reasons. It allows more up/down suspension-travel, allowing better ride comfort, more bump and pothole-absorbtion, lessening the chances for the tires scraping in the well on hard turns, allowing packed snow and ice in the wells to be easier cleared-out after driving on snowy roads, and, for mechanics/technicians, makes parts of the tires easier to inspect without taking them off the car. In some cases, it can even allow more cooling around the brake rotors from better airflow in the well.
Excellent valid points!!

BMWs must be really badly engineered cars then, they have no wheel gap!!
Attached Thumbnails Small things that bug you about our Lexus-2014-bmw-f10-m5-makes-north-american-debut-photo-gallery_8.jpg  
Old 11-11-13, 06:47 PM
LexFather

This thread is about to go full stupid. From people pointing out small things to hearing the same crap over and over

Originally Posted by BNR34
Excellent valid points!!

Yes b/c all BMW's are lowered M5's

How about this picture. Its amazing to me people find the worst pictures of a Lexus to post and the best picture of a BMW. Gasp…BMW's have wheel gap too..not all are sport or M models.

Old 11-11-13, 06:57 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Excellent valid points!!

The BMWs you speak of avoid some of the suspension problems associated with tight wheel-wells by good suspension engineering (where they and Mercedes probably lead the industry), but still suffer from some of the other problems I mentioned.
Old 11-11-13, 07:07 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

The wheel gap doesn't bother me personally...
Old 11-11-13, 09:28 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
The wheel gap doesn't bother me personally...
Same here. I tend to look at its good points.
Old 11-11-13, 10:50 PM
84Cressida
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ES250 had both "Toyota" and "Lexus" right above it stamped on all of the windows.
Old 11-12-13, 07:43 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are just only two that I want to list:

1) Car only has ONE REVERSE LIGHT (for markets in Europe and Asia Pacific EXCLUDING Australia)

In markets such USA, Japan, etc., you get the usual two reverse lights which is good.

UNFORTUNATELY

Elsewhere, you get this retarded setup:

It gives you the setup that looks of something with an asymmetric butt

This currently affects the 4GS, 3IS and CT Hybrid (in those selected markets).

Personally, I ask the question: What gives and what the hell happened?

I mean, look at the 3GS

and the 2IS

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-lights-3.html

So yeah, what happened?

Need to cut costs?

If so, then they could've gone with a central fog light solution for those markets where rear fog lamps are required (such as in Europe where it is required by EU law).

Fortunately, all is not lost. Countries like the Philippines do not have any regulations for rear fogs so the problem can be averted.........by replacing the rear fog lamp with an actual reverse lamp (i.e. purchase from Lexus dealer or from other sources such as Joe Z and NIGEL)

But if you're in Europe, you're screwed because the rear fog light is required.......so you're stuck with the asymmetric butt.

Just pray that future Lexus models sold in Europe and elsewhere will have two reverse lights (to prevent this asymmetric butt phenomenon)

2) Lack of personalization and customization for Lexus (outside of Japan)

In Japan for instance, it's a known fact that Lexus Japan offers greater personalization for options and features.

Heck, they even have an L-select interior customization programme for the Lexus LS.

For the Philippine market, this is a problem............because Lexus Manila only includes Mark Levinson sound system in models that have V-8 engines or more

Hence the reason why only our LS, LX, GX and LFA have ML sound available. Every other model only uses Lexus Premium Sound (which is good.......but nothing fantastic or breathtaking AND is not something that will give you the best possible sound experience in a Lexus vehicle).

Point is:
We just hope that Lexus would consider more customization in the future in markets outside of Japan.

After all, this is a premium luxury segment and as long as we can pay for it, then we want to have it the way we want it.

Last edited by Blackraven; 11-12-13 at 08:03 AM.
Old 11-12-13, 09:00 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
This thread is about to go full stupid.
thanks for the input.

How about this picture. Its amazing to me people find the worst pictures of a Lexus to post and the best picture of a BMW. Gasp…BMW's have wheel gap too..not all are sport or M models. ...
those gaps are still not as bad as this kind of gap on awd gs350.
Old 11-12-13, 09:43 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

This thread is about to go full stupid.
I agree, you took it there.

From people pointing out small things to hearing the same crap over and over
Well Lexus keep doing the same crap over and over so we have to point it out over and over. That's what a forum is for right, if not, then there really is nothing to talk about.

Yes b/c all BMW's are lowered M5's
That was a bone stock M5.

How about this picture. Its amazing to me people find the worst pictures of a Lexus to post and the best picture of a BMW. Gasp…BMW's have wheel gap too..not all are sport or M models.
Yes not all BMW are sport or M models, but the subject GS350 I posted is a F-Sport model. I would excuse you if you can't tell or don't know, that GS350 I posted is equipped with the F-SPORT package. The F-Sport package is created by the Toyota Motor company for their Lexus division to be equivalent to Benz's AMG package, BMW M-Sport package, Audi S-Line, Volvo R-Design package, Acura A-Spec package, Bentley Mulliner package............etc etc. These are mostly appearance packages that make the car look and feel sportier, one of the biggest thing these packages have in common is reduced ride height to reduce the wheel gap for a sportier appearance. In the case of this GS350 F-Sport package, Lexus actually increased the ride height and wheel gap. I also do realized that GS350 is an AWD model, but AMG package 4matic, M-Sport X-Drive, S-Line Quattro, 4WD R-Design, Continental GT Mulliner all have tiny wheel gap.

It is amazing to me some people compare a sport package equipped car (GS350 F-Sport) to a regular non sport package model (BMW 520i, 320i, 120D X-Drive, i3, 120i, 535i Gran Turismo) while complaining about people being unfair to compare a F-Sport model to a M model.

Last edited by BNR34; 11-12-13 at 04:28 PM.
Old 11-12-13, 09:58 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
thanks for the input.

2ZpPWZpbGw7cHhvZmY9NTA7cHlvZmY9MDs-/http://l.yimg.com/dv/aic/lexus_gs_350_awd_2013[/IMG]
I'm adding input as a Lexus owner in a thread about things that bug Lexus owners about their cars.

I agree, you took it there.

Well Lexus keep doing the same crap over and over so we have to point it out over and over. That's what a forum is for right, if not, then there really is nothing to talk about.

That was a bone stock M5.

Yes not all BMW are sport or M models, but the subject GS350 I posted is a F-Sport model. I would excuse you if you can't tell or don't know, that GS350 I posted is equipped with the F-SPORT package. The F-Sport package is created by the Toyota Motor company for their Lexus division to be equivalent to Benz's AMG package, BMW M-Sport package, Audi S-Line, Volvo R-Design package, Acura A-Spec package, Bentley Mulliner package............etc etc. These are mostly appearance packages that make the car look and feel sportier, one of the biggest thing these packages have in common is reduced ride height to reduce the wheel gap for a sportier appearance. In the case of this GS350 F-Sport package, Lexus actually increased the ride height and wheel gap. I also do realized that GS350 is a AWD model, but AMG package 4matic, M-Sport X-Drive, S-Line Quattro, 4WD R-Design, Continental GT Mulliner all have tiny wheel gap.

It is amazing to me some people compare a sport package equipped car (GS350 F-Sport) to a regular non sport package model (BMW 520i, 320i, 120D X-Drive, i3, 120i, 535i Gran Turismo) while complaining about people being unfair to compare a F-Sport model to a M model.
Thanks for the insult. You posted wheel gap on a GS, not the LS you own. You are harping about wheel-gap in every thread possible. We get it, you don't like the wheel gap. Don't go about posting a BMW M5 like that is how all BMWs wheel gap is.

Old 11-12-13, 10:00 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
I don't have problem with big wheel gap on a non sport package GS350, big ground clearance is necessary for some people, especially older folks, so they buy the normal model without the sport package, that make perfect sense.

But a F-Sport package car that come with aggressively styled front bumper, big diameter wheels with low profile tires.............but with HUGE wheel gap? That make no sense, it completely contradict the meaning and purpose of a sport package. Is like a Hummer H1 without 4WD and come with low profile R-Compound tires.

Last edited by BNR34; 11-12-13 at 10:18 AM.
Old 11-12-13, 10:16 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks for the insult.
I also do like to thank you for that.

You posted wheel gap on a GS, not the LS you own.
That is because the 4GS is the first Lexus to come with a F-Sport package, no LS430 have any kind of sport appearance package. They had a sport suspension package, but it's main purpose is just to firm up the suspension feel, not to have a sporty appearance. The LS430 I own is an ultra luxury package, it got extra high ride height bone stock, just like the LS600. I am trying to compare apple to apple.

You are harping about wheel-gap in every thread possible. We get it, you don't like the wheel gap. Don't go about posting a BMW M5 like that is how all BMWs wheel gap is.
This thread is "things that bug you about Lexus". Well the stock wheel gap bug me

Last edited by BNR34; 11-12-13 at 04:25 PM.
Old 11-12-13, 10:34 AM
OKSTANCE
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if wheel gap bothers you that much..buy these cool things they make called "lowering springs"
Old 11-12-13, 10:36 AM
LexFather

All BMWs look like this

and all Lexus look like this.

(flashback to SEMA conversations….)

Old 11-12-13, 10:38 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 240benzo
if wheel gap bothers you that much..buy these cool things they make called "lowering springs"
Right, highend $70k sport sedan with a factory sport package, should require the owner to spend more money to farther modify their car with inferior quality aftermarket "lowering springs" that are not OEM engineered that void the factory warranty in order to make the car correct. That make perfect sense.

Right, I am sorry, I don't know much about cars. Thank you for educating me.

Last edited by BNR34; 11-12-13 at 04:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Small things that bug you about our Lexus