Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Why do people customize garbage cars

Old 11-12-13, 07:49 PM
Natey2
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

If the expensively modded inexpensive car gets totaled, will insurance only pay Blue Book value on the stock version of the inexpensive car?

Sent from an Android device using IB Automotive Group forum reader.
Old 11-12-13, 09:48 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Natey2
If the expensively modded inexpensive car gets totaled, will insurance only pay Blue Book value on the stock version of the inexpensive car?

Sent from an Android device using IB Automotive Group forum reader.
Depends on your insurance company. I know I have State Farm, and they just need proof of the purchase and price. Like my aftermarket headlights and rims. They said they will cover it if I show them what I paid for it. So it is very helpful to keep your receipts. Other companies may not cover it. While others you can negotiate a declared value. Basically it just depends.
Old 11-12-13, 10:14 PM
Infamous3
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
This explanation is no different. You're still looking down your nose at people who want to customize their car but don't have $50,000+ to spend on a car. Regardless of what you say now, the use of the word "garbage cars" is pretty strong. You can't call them garbage cars and then come back and say that you didn't mean they were garbage cars. You meant it.

What makes a car "something worth customizing"? Why would you think no thought went into a Camry or an Accord? Have you driven the new Accord? I can promise you, MUCH thought and design goes into those cars...the Camry is a much more important car to Toyota than the GS, they're just mainstream cars.
I didn't mean it, i didn't know another word to use to describe those kind of cars. And because just look at the current/past designs of the accords and camrys, you seriously think designers spent months designing it? At the most they took a couple of weeks, could be less.
Old 11-13-13, 06:11 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,292 Posts

Originally Posted by Infamous3
I didn't mean it, i didn't know another word to use to describe those kind of cars. And because just look at the current/past designs of the accords and camrys, you seriously think designers spent months designing it? At the most they took a couple of weeks, could be less.
Don't see this thread getting any better with the new 'clarification'.... let's call this one done.