Register Forgot Password?

SEMA 2013 including Lexus Builds

Old 11-12-13, 11:51 AM   #61
Bryan@Autogeek
Premium Sponsor
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexFather View Post
Thanks bro…as you know its been one helluva year here which really opened doors for me and added extra focus to this project. Everything will be explained in my thread in the 3IS forum. Kind of sad this thread is so quiet.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-t...way-comes.html

Thanks so much, can't wait to meet you. Glenn is an amazing person, a true Lexus enthusiast and proud owner. Glad to see people like that recognized and involved by Lexus continuously. Your IS is amazing, I cannot wait to see it in person and as I stated y'all can stop by our booth anytime.

Pur your sunglasses on …. Since the 3IS is influenced and had some of the same engineering and focus as the LFA including the LFA gauges…I really wanted to translate this in the color….a lot of debate and arguing but I knew this is the color for this project...

LFA Pearl Yellow

Click the image to open in full size.

http://pressroom.lexus.com/releases/...sen+wheels.htm

Main Vossen Booth: #46119

Small Vossen Booth Upstairs (Lexus IS Display): #38249
Amazing car and color!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Bryan@Autogeek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-13, 12:29 PM   #62
toy2g
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by I8ABMR View Post
why all trucks??
My Booth was in the south hall...South hall is the Truck off road center. Just like last year i spent my entire day in the booth and never got any further than the hall i was in plus the walk to our hall from the parking lot.

I did get three cars in these pics...
toy2g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-13, 03:22 PM   #63
Hoovey2411
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (16)

I'm really not impressed by many of these Tundra's. The F-150s were done better
|Version 3.5 |TLN #918|
GIANTS|NINERS|SHARKS|WARRIORS
Hoovey2411 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-13, 09:53 PM   #64
ddquach
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (2)

Default Motor Trend Best and Worst of Sema 2013

Just saw this interesting article on Motor Trend. It looks like VIP Autosalon's 2014 Lexus IS was voted one of the Worst of SEMA 2013. Here is the full article. http://m.motortrend.com/wot/1311_sta...show_cars.html

Hate it or really hate it "The opinions I've heard on the DeviantArt Design Challenge car have been mixed, in that some ClubLexus members kind of hate it, and other members really hate it." by John Coyle
http://www.clublexus.com/articles/ne...or-hate-it.php

In my opinion what's the point of doing a wide body on a 4 door sedan when you can't even open the rear door anymore. I know builds like this take time but it seems like corners were cut to save cost and quality. What's the actual reason, we won't know. It would seem that certain posts would disappear. Thoughts?

WORST 2013 SEMA SHOW CARS

Old 11-12-13, 10:39 PM   #65
bnizzle87
Lexus Champion

Brian 08ISF bn1zzle87

Whle I wasn't able to view each vehicle in person, there were numerous sites posting up pics of the rides at SEMA. To me, SEMA has always been that one big show that showcases automotive creativity and pushes the envelope for future developers to create that next wow factor type car or to gain that modding perspective that modders need to complete their vision. And just with modding, it certainly should not cater to everyone. With the DeviantArt 3IS, it was an inclusive effort from the Lexus community to put forth a product that stretches that modding vision into something new and inspiring. Something like this has never been done before where contestants pretty much aim to create the design deemed most outstanding and have it showcased at the mecca of all that is automotive ingenuity from a mod perspective.

While the final look itself might not be everyone's taste, there is bound to be some thought or inspiration derived from it, and that in the end is what I feel SEMA is all about. And there were some pretty flamboyant vehicles on display there. Some booths focused on form, while others focused on function. It is what it is, but in the end, it got people talking and apparently drawn to the Lexus booth, which was the intended result. Kudos to Lexus for continuing to include customer and owner input, whether it's for this SEMA product, bringing together enthusiasts for local Lexus meets, or simply to incorporate what we want in these cars as a final factory product. The pursuit of perfection will always continue.

Aerotect | Tom's | Joe Z + Performance Tube Systems | Xenon Depot | AutoCouture | Beat-Sonic | WALD | BC Racing + Swift | Volk Racing | PPE | ?
bnizzle87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-13, 05:27 AM   #66
baddis es
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (3)

linkrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddquach View Post
Just saw this interesting article on Motor Trend. It looks like VIP Autosalon's 2014 Lexus IS was voted one of the Worst of SEMA 2013. Here is the full article. http://m.motortrend.com/wot/1311_sta...show_cars.html

Hate it or really hate it "The opinions I've heard on the DeviantArt Design Challenge car have been mixed, in that some ClubLexus members kind of hate it, and other members really hate it." by John Coyle

In my opinion what's the point of doing a wide body on a 4 door sedan when you can't even open the rear door anymore. I know builds like this take time but it seems like corners were cut to save cost and quality. What's the actual reason, we won't know. It would seem that certain posts would disappear. Thoughts?
not surprised, actually pretty deserving of the "worst" title...as I posted in my other thread, this was a hack job done by VIP and expectations are much higher than this, especially when displayed under the Lexus booth. Maybe they could of gotten away with it under the VIP booth as a custom ride, but not when under an actual carmaker's booth.

as for why do a wide-body on a 4-door...Lexus' intentions were marketing the 3IS, so we could of almost guaranteed ourselves something crazy as a wide-body design for this car. VIP should have taken the initiative and gutted the rear, threw in a roll cage and some recaro buckets up front, then label it a DTM inspiration. Probably would have won over more folks from a marketing standpoint...but in it's current form, last is the best it will get.

Hoi-Pong Customs
http://www.hoipongcustoms.com

-2002 GS300 -- de trend setter
-1999 Solara SE V6 (5spd) -- my double D
-1996 200sx SE-R (VVL swap) -- vtak killah!

Last edited by bitkahuna; 11-13-13 at 06:39 AM..
baddis es is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-13, 05:55 AM   #67
toy2g
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovey2411 View Post
I'm really not impressed by many of these Tundra's. The F-150s were done better
I did not see a singe tundra really liked. I dont even remember seeing any F-150s...I did see some Dodge trucks that were nice and a few random cars that i thought were interesting.

Can ANYONE Guess What This Car Is

toy2g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-13, 07:13 AM   #68
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Expensive body-kit tires, brakes, all around. It makes the IS hardly functional, or look like an IS anymore. Therefore, was deemed as WORST!

Totally agree with that title here
Whitigir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-13, 10:36 AM   #69
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Well deserved. Sadly...
ydooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-13, 10:41 AM   #70
LexFather
Trader Score: ()

You know what is so ironic. Motor Trend was one of the judges that picked the rendering to be built. Not that anyone is paying attention to the "why's"….

Yup…for the deviantart /Lexus contest, Motor Trend actually picked this rendering that had to be built in a little over a month. Watch here. Then I guess maybe someone at Motor Trend that wasn't aware of that fact (or maybe they were) slams the very car Motor Trend picked.

A shame that we had SEMA builders here and participants from CL and the thread wasn't stuck and there was hardly anything said in Car Chat.
Old 11-13-13, 11:06 AM   #71
bitkahuna
resisting entropy
Trader Score: (15)

MT does point out other monstrosities too. not sure why their pics are so crappy res though

oh wait, original link was to mobile site versions...

watch your eyes

TLN #911 * Stop Global Whining
9/11- never forget
nosce te ipsum
bitkahuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-13, 11:39 AM   #72
baddis es
Lexus Champion

linkrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexFather View Post
You know what is so ironic. Motor Trend was one of the judges that picked the rendering to be built. Not that anyone is paying attention to the "why's"….

Yup…for the deviantart /Lexus contest, Motor Trend actually picked this rendering that had to be built in a little over a month. Watch here. Then I guess maybe someone at Motor Trend that wasn't aware of that fact (or maybe they were) slams the very car Motor Trend picked.

A shame that we had SEMA builders here and participants from CL and the thread wasn't stuck and there was hardly anything said in Car Chat.
what's the irony, that MT knew that VIP would produce one of the worst cars for SEMA? kind of a stretch there, not to mention many other execs at Lexus approving that design as the contest winner too and pretty sure MT played a much lesser role to those execs decisions as well

you've defended the car on many occassions on CL, and that's fine (to each their own) but it was a poorly executed job by VIP and an even more horrible idea by Lexus marketing (or whoever was overseeing SEMA for Lexus) to allow it to be showcased in the Lexus booth...seeing the end result and all.

as we can see by lack-luster "award" it's winning, it was just a bad decision...I'm all for customer input and collaboration, it is what drives the trends/markets for automakers, but not when the end result is something along these lines.

Hoi-Pong Customs

Old 11-13-13, 11:39 AM   #73
jenniGS460
Driver School Candidate

Wow, seems Vip Auto Salon has created something that they can't accept the truth from people. That the design is "ugly" and honestly no innovation to art!
From the pics posted it shows like the rear fenders were glued on. Yes, you say MotorTrend agrred to the design on paper!
But, when the actual design that comes out for real in person looks like a piece of crap!

This is a forum for all and that if the truth hurts and post get deleted for speaking the truth then you need to go into a different field of work.
It's sad that post get deleted for people speaking the truth that the design was terrible and the build was even worse!
jenniGS460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-13, 12:01 PM   #74
baddis es
Lexus Champion

linkrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniGS460 View Post
Wow, seems Vip Auto Salon has created something that they can't accept the truth from people. That the design is "ugly" and honestly no innovation to art!
From the pics posted it shows like the rear fenders were glued on. Yes, you say MotorTrend agrred to the design on paper!
But, when the actual design that comes out for real in person looks like a piece of crap!

This is a forum for all and that if the truth hurts and post get deleted for speaking the truth then you need to go into a different field of work.
It's sad that post get deleted for people speaking the truth that the design was terrible and the build was even worse!
mods deleting posts to somehow turn around the negative look on the car, and VIP...

Hoi-Pong Customs

Old 11-13-13, 12:35 PM   #75
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (6)

jump2man3 DeceptiveSlayer jump23man87 Jump2man5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddquach View Post

WORST 2013 SEMA SHOW CARS

I must say horrible looking IS! VIP Auto shoulda kept the car to themselves cause this looks like an unfinished product and complete trash. Although I like the wheels lol

Instagram @jump2man5
Jump2man3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-13, 12:35 PM

Tags
2013, 2014, 250, 340, 458, cars, gen, is340, lexus, lfa, liberty, sema, solara, urlhttps177photobucketcomusers4playkomedianullzps19bf3a31jpghtml, walk, wallpaper, white, widebody