Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Future of Lexus discussion 2013-2015

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-13, 03:13 AM
asoksevil
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am still amazed at NX's pricing... I mean, c'mon it almost costs as much as an RX while being lower tier.
Old 10-31-13, 04:04 AM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
The Official Future of Lexus Thread

Production LF-LC - Possibly the next SC, but regardless a six digit GT Coupe and the newest crown jewel to the Lexus family

5th Generation LS - All competitors cards save for the rumored Cadillac Flagship have played. Lexus looks to redefine the segment once again as it did with the first iteration. Expect 2-3 Years.

And my personal favorite

Twin Turbo V6 and V8's - Perhaps some of the most exciting news to date and often the topic of debate, Lexus plans to implement Twin Turbo V6's and V8's over the next few years. There are no time tables though 2-4 years is most likely. According to source "these twin turbo mills are supposed to have the best performance and fuel economy numbers vs their competition"
The 5LS interests me. All competitors have played their cards, except for BMW and Cadillac. With the new S-class though, even though they had the first-mover "disadvantage", they stepped it up to crazy levels that I don't see what Lexus or anyone else can do besides catch up to MB? What do you think Hoovey?

As for the TT V6 and V8, which lines will get those engines?
Old 10-31-13, 07:11 AM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This may seem like a minor wish, but it would be nice if Lexus could go back to frameless windows for their cars. Like the 1990's ES300
Old 10-31-13, 07:14 AM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 84Cressida
I'm most anxious for the new powertrains. I love me some 2GR-FSE, but we need more at this point, and engines like the 4GR need to go.
Naww I think the 4GR is a good and strong engine. Remember it's only a 2.5L engine that huals the relatively heavy IS250 while having decent performance & MPG.

The velvety unruffled smoothness of it is like no other.
Old 10-31-13, 08:04 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to see NX closer to $32k, but even the RX starts at $40k these days, so $35k is relatively reasonable for NX.
Old 11-01-13, 09:36 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

i would love to see the next LS make our jaws drop.

i would also love to see an infotainment system to die for... when i had my 2000 gs (ancient now), the touchscreen system / nav etc. was soooo far ahead of my buddy's 5 series and the hideous and laughably bad MB 'comand' system. among other badness they both had CD based nav systems that SUCKED.
Old 11-01-13, 10:14 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

thanks hoovey again for the great info

the 5ls is definitely an interesting one. if it's true then i was right on in my review of the car. lexus intentionally went with another facelift on the car to space out from competitors, so they can directly target their new cars at those (and beat them) rather than playing the guessing game and see who wins. with the new s class setting the standard so high, and now lexus says that they are ready, i can't wait

the lf-lc from what i was told has always been a 6 digit car, nothing surprisingly. i think its significance is to put some more real coupes on the road and i think the car is also important for the brand image

the tt v6 and v8 new is huge. i guess we have all been waiting long enough and can't wait to see such setup. i have no doubt they will be more efficient than competitors, but i definitely would love to see them with higher performance too. that would be so cool (and so needed)
Old 11-01-13, 02:05 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
thanks hoovey again for the great info

the 5ls is definitely an interesting one. if it's true then i was right on in my review of the car. lexus intentionally went with another facelift on the car to space out from competitors, so they can directly target their new cars at those (and beat them) rather than playing the guessing game and see who wins. with the new s class setting the standard so high, and now lexus says that they are ready, i can't wait

the lf-lc from what i was told has always been a 6 digit car, nothing surprisingly. i think its significance is to put some more real coupes on the road and i think the car is also important for the brand image

the tt v6 and v8 new is huge. i guess we have all been waiting long enough and can't wait to see such setup. i have no doubt they will be more efficient than competitors, but i definitely would love to see them with higher performance too. that would be so cool (and so needed)
No worries, I'm sure you all would do the same

If it means the LS wows the world once again, I'm all for holding back the cards till all the players have gone down. The S-Class seems to be the one to beat. It's a prime candidate for a Twin Turbo V8 mill
Old 11-01-13, 03:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
No worries, I'm sure you all would do the same

If it means the LS wows the world once again, I'm all for holding back the cards till all the players have gone down. The S-Class seems to be the one to beat. It's a prime candidate for a Twin Turbo V8 mill
together with the rest of your info. imagine a new ls with tt v8, better performance (i suppose at least matching power) and better gas mileage. and then tech and gadgets that's on par or better than the s class plus reliability to back it up, umm....

i also have no problem with lexus pushing out the new LS. originally when i learned that the 2013 ls was another facelift, i was let down. but seeing how major of a facelift i was quite surprised and it occurred to me what lexus might be thinking
Old 11-01-13, 03:30 PM
LexFather

The Ls is also still selling very well..

Old 11-01-13, 03:45 PM
stlgrym3
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

i hope Lexus don't follow BMW and MB's footsteps to introduce more redundant models. just stick with ES, IS, GS and LS (the latter three have F variants) for sedans, and a 7 seat RX, a GX with power lift tailgate and LX. That's all, Lexus has a strong following, so why mess up a good thing.
Old 11-01-13, 05:06 PM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What month did the new LS arrive last year?

I truly am excited to see what Lexus brings with the next LS. It and the LFA defines "Lexus" as it is today.
Old 11-01-13, 11:59 PM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TerrySmith
Any news about new transmissions for the performance cars? The 8-speed auto in the IS F (with fast upshifts, torque lock, true manual control and rev-matching down shifts) is the only Lexus transmission that is adequate for performance driving - glad to see it showing up in the F Sport cars this year - but a double-clutch auto-shift manual and / or true manual transmission is really needed for a performance car.
A dual clutch? No thank you. They're unreliable and terrible for normal traffic driving.

The Lexus 8-speed is already a extremely fast shifting unit with the inherent advantages of a torque converter.
Old 11-03-13, 02:51 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Is there any chatter/speculation or plans on the 4GS' mid-cycle refresh?
Old 11-03-13, 02:56 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by G Star
Is there any chatter/speculation or plans on the 4GS' mid-cycle refresh?
Other than a full spindle grill haven't heard anything

I hope it looks something like the LF-Gh concept

Quick Reply: Future of Lexus discussion 2013-2015