Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2015 Genesis Sedan Thread

Old 02-26-13, 03:07 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Next Hyundai Genesis caught shooting through the snow... with all-wheel drive?

Next Hyundai Genesis caught shooting through the snow... with all-wheel drive?

Hyundai is still working on getting its next-generation Genesis sedan ready for production, and while these spy shots don't reveal much more of the car's new design than what we saw back in December, our spy photographer did manage to catch an important detail being added to the big sedan. In addition to its rumored 10-speed automatic transmission, it looks like the new Genesis could get an all-wheel drive system based on a sticker in the rear window that says "4WD AT." This would make sense, too, as the car was caught testing in snowy and icy Northern Sweden.

Another new element of the car visible in these pictures is our first look at the car with its LED headlights illuminated giving the front end a more upscale and dynamic look. In terms of its overall appearance, the new Genesis is expected to take some design elements from the HCD-14 Genesis Concept that Hyundai revealed last month at the Detroit Auto Show. There is still no official word, though, as to when we may see the new Genesis unveiled.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/02/26/n...-snow-with-al/
Old 02-26-13, 11:20 PM
Tantrix
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it's nice but getting more and more closer to it's european counter parts.

asian and european cars are all starting to looks same, led DRL shapes, grlles. Lexus, Audi, BMW, infiniti, hyundai, Kia. is there a difference any more.

the only ones staying true to their style and heritage are the americans with the cadilacs, ford lincolns, chryslers.

As for hyundai, they have a hard time competing with lexus and the euro's at the same price points. Look at the Azera. nobody wants to pay 30k + for it. 20K for a sonata yes, but 30k for a azera no.
Old 02-27-13, 04:59 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Tantrix
As for hyundai, they have a hard time competing with lexus and the euro's at the same price points. Look at the Azera. nobody wants to pay 30k + for it. 20K for a sonata yes, but 30k for a azera no.
Yet there $30k+ SUVs are flying off the lot. The Azera is strange, it really failed to connect with the market. I think the front end and interior is killing it- looks too similar to the more bargain-priced Hyundais. The interior has that alien-motif thing that the Elantra has and the front end is reminiscent of the Sonata.
Old 02-27-13, 10:19 AM
Tantrix
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

really I wasn't aware of hyundai suv sales, 30k+ for a base hyundai santa fe isn't very appealing to me. fully loaded yes totally but not for 30k base.We are in toyota highlander territory and I'd take the highlander any day.

Originally Posted by TangoRed
Yet there $30k+ SUVs are flying off the lot. The Azera is strange, it really failed to connect with the market. I think the front end and interior is killing it- looks too similar to the more bargain-priced Hyundais. The interior has that alien-motif thing that the Elantra has and the front end is reminiscent of the Sonata.
Old 02-27-13, 10:49 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,091 Likes on 1,355 Posts

really I wasn't aware of hyundai suv sales, 30k+ for a base hyundai santa fe isn't very appealing to me. fully loaded yes totally but not for 30k base.We are in toyota highlander territory and I'd take the highlander any day.
base santa fe is 25k according to toyota's website. here's a comparison on their site of highlander, santa fe, and ford explorer base models. i found it interesting the explorer has over 100hp more. santa fe also gets a lot better fuel economy.

http://www.toyota.com/highlander/com...29/33357/34772
Old 02-27-13, 11:00 AM
Lexuslvr91
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
base santa fe is 25k according to toyota's website. here's a comparison on their site of highlander, santa fe, and ford explorer base models. i found it interesting the explorer has over 100hp more. santa fe also gets a lot better fuel economy.

http://www.toyota.com/highlander/com...29/33357/34772
Well the Santa Fe Sport is targeted closer to the Venza crowd with the 7 passenger Santa Fe targeted towards the Explorer and Highlander. That particular Santa Fe only comes with the 290 hp 3.3 V6 equal to that of the Explorer 3.5 V6.

Another note the base Explorer uses the 240 hp 2.0 turbo I4.
Old 02-27-13, 11:40 AM
GoFastTSI
Pole Position

it's nice but getting more and more closer to it's european counter parts.

asian and european cars are all starting to looks same, led DRL shapes, grlles. Lexus, Audi, BMW, infiniti, hyundai, Kia. is there a difference any more.

the only ones staying true to their style and heritage are the americans with the cadilacs, ford lincolns, chryslers.

Having just leased a 2013 Azera Limited and couldn't be happier, especially being a former 2011 Genesis owner as well. There are definitely pluses and minuses with the car but you can't beat the features for the price. Heated/cooled seats up front, heated seats in the rear, HID's, panoramic sunroof, QUIET...and I mean you can barely hear anything with the car running at highway speeds, great ride, and fwd vice rwd. Oh and zero down, $489/mo 15/K miles per year. I loved my Genesis and contemplated another one at lease termination but I wanted a smaller vehicle and a smaller payment with the unknowns of sequestration looming. The interior is very high quality and not as cheap as the Elantra/Sonata but a strong family resemblance and the front does have similar dimensions to the Sonata but is more upscale and not as busy. Would I pay for it outright at nearly $40K? Hell no, but you can't pass up the lease special for a car as loaded with features as the Azera.
Old 03-08-13, 08:36 PM
Lexuslvr91
Lead Lap

This sketch could potentially be how the production version looks:

Last edited by Lexuslvr91; 03-08-13 at 08:39 PM.
Old 03-08-13, 09:34 PM
pavelekPL
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexuslvr91
^that looks good. Is that a Chrysler logo on the grill?
Old 03-08-13, 10:16 PM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by pavelekPL
That is the Korean domestic emblem for the Genesis. It is much like the Bentley (or Mini) emblem.
Steve
Old 03-09-13, 12:11 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Stately. Has some Chrysler, Jaguar, Audi influence. Not a bad thing
Old 03-09-13, 12:33 AM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Would be fitting, since this is essentially a Chrysler 300 competitor.
Old 03-09-13, 12:36 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

so obvious they are getting help from German designers. Brilliant. The design language and styling will sell well everywhere. Give them time to refine things and build that trust back with consumers and they will be a force to reckon with.
Old 03-09-13, 01:57 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexuslvr91

Looks good. The lines on the car remind me of the previous generation Audis.
Old 03-09-13, 08:09 AM
Lexuslvr91
Lead Lap

Hyundai was actually using this logo about 2 years before Chrysler redesigned theirs.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 Genesis Sedan Thread