Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2015 Genesis Sedan Thread

Old 02-20-13, 09:58 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Dang.......it is looking hotter and hotter, I like it. Keep charging Hyundai, I could be your future customer!

And for all haters, I absolutely LOVE the fact that they copy the best features from everyone, that will generate one awesome car! Instead of every original car out there that have flaws here and there.

Last edited by BNR34; 02-20-13 at 10:02 AM.
Old 02-20-13, 10:03 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
Dang.......it is looking hotter and hotter, I like it. Keep charging Hyundai, I could be your future customer!
I agree. I was just telling someone that I would much more likely to buy a Korean car than an American car. I still eye the loaded Optimas. Great car, great value, and its actually better looking than all of the competiton. I have a feeling they are going for the jugular and its working. I have never seen a car company rise so fast and redeem themselves in the eyes of consumer and journalists
Old 02-20-13, 10:05 AM
LexFather

And for all haters, I absolutely LOVE the fact that they copy the best features from everyone, that will generate one awesome car! Instead of every original car out there that have flaws here and there.
Making an observation that has been stated by thousands including the experts in reviews is not hating, it is a mere statement of fact. No one said it being a bad car, keep your shorts on.

Old 02-20-13, 10:06 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Well, to an extent, right now, all of us are arguing a moot point on the styling and/or copying. Once Hyundai takes those ****-ing bras off, then we can get a better idea of what it's really going to look like.

(I've vented and gone on in the past, more than once, about those idiotic bras and tape on preproduction cars, so I won't do it again here)
Old 02-20-13, 10:10 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I agree. I was just telling someone that I would much more likely to buy a Korean car than an American car. I still eye the loaded Optimas. Great car, great value, and its actually better looking than all of the competiton. I have a feeling they are going for the jugular and its working. I have never seen a car company rise so fast and redeem themselves in the eyes of consumer and journalists
Agreed completely. Hyundai and Kia are progressing at lighting speed, if they keep this up and everyone else don't catch up, they will be king in 10 years just like Samsung TV smoked everyone else.
Old 02-20-13, 10:13 AM
LexFather

Agreed completely. Hyundai and Kia are progressing at lighting speed, if they keep this up and everyone else don't catch up, they will be king in 10 years just like Samsung TV smoked everyone else.
I agree 100%. Their progression is amazing and they continue to keep their eyes on the prize. We will see soon how the 2nd gens of the "new hyundai/kia" do. However with the Won getting stronger the pricing advantage will not be as great so the price will rise. We will see how consumers respond to this.

Acura needs to hire some Hyundai/Kia employees.

Old 02-20-13, 10:16 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blueprint
Making an observation that has been stated by thousands including the experts in reviews is not hating, it is a mere statement of fact. No one said it being a bad car, keep your shorts on.
LOL, I always dream about the perfect car, a car that have the body of this car, interior of that car, infotainment system of this car, this engine, that tranny, this suspension, stance, lights...........etc.

Now Hyundai is doing it, hell yes!!

It is why I absolutely love my LS430, it is a 100% copy of the W140 S500 and they made it better, it is awesome! As a consumer, I have zero care where the idea came from, I just want a good product

Just like the Nissan GTR, the entire drivetrain was copied from the Porsche 959, they made it better and affordable to the general public, now is kicking *** and Porsche is trying to catch up, it is awesome.
Old 02-20-13, 10:23 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

I agree 100%. Their progression is amazing and they continue to keep their eyes on the prize. We will see soon how the 2nd gens of the "new hyundai/kia" do. However with the Won getting stronger the pricing advantage will not be as great so the price will rise. We will see how consumers respond to this.

Hyundai/Kia is going nuts while everyone else is staying the same. I am sure a big reason the latest LS460's interior is so amazing is because of the pressure from the Koreans.

Acura is going down the toilet, slap some fancy headlights on an Accord and try to sell it for $60k.

Last edited by BNR34; 02-20-13 at 10:26 AM.
Old 02-20-13, 10:27 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Acura's problem is not at the employee level, but with management. The run-of-the-mill Acura employees have always turned out (and are still doing so) extremely well-built cars at the plants. They do their absolute best with whatever management gives them. The problem is that management is giving them dorky-styled products to produce (TL, ZDX) or making poor marketing decisions.....like no V6 or AWD for the TSX Sportwagon, and decontenting the new RLX with less-solid construction.
Old 02-20-13, 10:29 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by GFerg
yes, Maxima was the first thing I thought of looking at the spy pics.

Renders of what it could potentially look like.

That render is close to a last gen M35/45
Old 02-20-13, 10:43 AM
TWong350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it looks great!
Old 02-20-13, 10:54 AM
rkyat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this should definitely be in the super bowl commercials next year, if those renderings are close, lol.
Old 02-20-13, 11:31 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,091 Likes on 1,355 Posts

As a consumer, I have zero care where the idea came from, I just want a good product
agree completely.
Old 02-20-13, 11:32 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
agree completely.
So do I. Who's "copying" whom means little in my book. My own Verano, for example, comes directly off the Opel Astra sedan in a number of ways.
Old 02-20-13, 12:24 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
agree completely.
Also copying reduces the R&D cost, so more money in my wallet

Hey I won't be the one being sued for copyrights infringement, so why would I care?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 Genesis Sedan Thread