Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2015 Genesis Sedan Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-14, 02:52 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,560 Likes on 1,846 Posts

Originally Posted by cmk1
I may not be the biggest Lexus fan
Constructive criticism should be the main focus here, not directionless and superficial derision. I cannot say how many times I've seen between various new model launches, copycat accusations or baseless derision gathered from limited knowledge and access against the target of such opinions. I hope what I've said here isn't too off-topic.
Not to take the discussion off topic, but this is a Lexus forum. I understand that this is "CarChat" and its supposed to be more general here and all that...but you are still at clubLEXUS. I am always confused as to why people seem to be genuinely surprised when many posters have a generally pro-Lexus point of view.

I think I'm pretty open minded, and I'm a car person regardless of the brand...but I am a Lexus fan...otherwise I wouldn't belong to and post on clubLEXUS. I don't post on mbworld, or fresh alloy, or BMW forums, or Hyundai forums...I'm not afraid to say when I think Lexus has gone the wrong way, but overall I'm a pro Lexus guy. Posting about how you're confused as to why pro-Lexus people are posting on Club Lexus doesn't make much sense to me.
Old 05-29-14, 02:57 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
I think I'm pretty open minded, and I'm a car person regardless of the brand...but I am a Lexus fan...otherwise I wouldn't belong to and post on clubLEXUS. I don't post on mbworld, or fresh alloy, or BMW forums, or Hyundai forums...I'm not afraid to say when I think Lexus has gone the wrong way, but overall I'm a pro Lexus guy. Posting about how you're confused as to why pro-Lexus people are posting on Club Lexus doesn't make much sense to me.
Venture on Jeep forums?
Old 05-29-14, 03:04 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Not to take the discussion off topic, but this is a Lexus forum. I understand that this is "CarChat" and its supposed to be more general here and all that...but you are still at clubLEXUS. I am always confused as to why people seem to be genuinely surprised when many posters have a generally pro-Lexus point of view.

Well said. Otherwise why continue to frequent ClubLEXUS and call out people for being pro-Lexus.

Unless you have too much time on your hands and want to bait/troll Lexus fans.
Old 05-29-14, 03:21 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Venture on Jeep forums?
I do indeed! I don't know that I would quite call myself a Jeep fan yet but I own one.
Old 05-29-14, 03:31 PM
Carmaker1
Instructor

Received 130 Likes on 56 Posts

Yes, you are generally open-minded. I am not referring to you, as I greatly applaud your balanced contributions and quite shocked at your puzzlement regarding my viewpoint. I am a member of many different forums and not all of them do I personally own that particular brand, so I do know where I coming from on this.

I do not nor have ever ventured here to criticize Lexus, but only to have better direct knowledge on future offerings. I'd say I do not even invest as much time in Infiniti, which is somewhat shocking.

It is not about necessarily being pro-Lexus, but rather genuinely being objective and fair. An LS and Equus are not exactly on the same level, but are quite similar. It'd not be sensible to claim that the latter is better than an LS just because of price. However it would be wrong to claim an Equus is utter crap or no ounce of effort has been put in. I mostly take offense at similar criticisms, German brand fans make towards Jaguar products. You have not done so in that pattern thankfully.

I applaud those that support and stick up for Lexus, while not needing to deride other brands in the process. That's how I do things. I will say though, that those who believe it is sensible to come here and relentlessly bash Lexus (and its parent company) in favor of other brands, should remember what this forum is for and go sit down somewhere. Otherwise, they will deal with any consequences (or reprimands) that come with such unwelcome and slanted negativity.

Originally Posted by natnut
Well said. Otherwise why continue to frequent ClubLEXUS and call out people for being pro-Lexus.

Unless you have too much time on your hands and want to bait/troll Lexus fans.
Please do not insult me, it's unwarranted. I have not done so to you, so I'd expect the same in return. Off-handedly labeling other posters as trolls does the opposite. Thank you.

Last edited by Carmaker1; 05-29-14 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Respect for this site and main subject of it.
Old 05-29-14, 03:31 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

I do indeed! I don't know that I would quite call myself a Jeep fan yet but I own one.
You had a 2011 too so I'd say you're getting there

I'm still smitten with your '14 JGC purchase. Indigo interior makes me

Back to the Genesis

Originally Posted by KevinGS
I'm just glad Hyundai and Jaguar are seriously pressing the issue producing all these worthy competitors eating up some of the market share, as it will make Lexus/BMW/Mercedes produce even better vehicles. Nothing like competition.
Excellent point. Strong competition means the consumer wins
Old 05-29-14, 06:40 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I'll agree with most of that (and, yes, it's a good post). But Audi, specially with the A6/A7 and A8, wrote the book on how to use attractive materials inside.
Audi's materials are horrid, the dash in the A4 and A6 is a sticky rubbery plastic material. Whatever book they wrote, thankfully no one else followed.
Old 05-29-14, 07:12 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I didn't find any of the materials in the A6 to be "horrid".
Old 05-29-14, 07:15 PM
LexFather

I didn't find any of the materials in the A6 to be "horrid".
Even the A4 is pretty good, at least the dash and console. We also have to keep in mind price points here. The A6/A7 have fantastic interiors, very well done.

Horrid is a tough word to use here.

Old 05-29-14, 07:15 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 85 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
Audi's materials are horrid, the dash in the A4 and A6 is a sticky rubbery plastic material. Whatever book they wrote, thankfully no one else followed.
Well, your opinion noted, but I respectfully have to disagree. And, for years, the auto mags also felt that Audi was the one of the auto industry's class act in interiors. I will admit, though, that the A3's interior is not up to that of its larger, more expensive brothers.
Old 05-29-14, 07:26 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

A3 is a Jetta. A nice Jetta admittedly and the new Jetta/Golf platform is a very nice car for its price point/segment but no getting away from the fact that it is still a fancy Jetta.
Old 05-30-14, 06:02 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by natnut
A3 is a Jetta. A nice Jetta admittedly and the new Jetta/Golf platform is a very nice car for its price point/segment but no getting away from the fact that it is still a fancy Jetta.
Most manufacturers do this and are getting pretty good at it.
Old 05-30-14, 06:07 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
Even the A4 is pretty good, at least the dash and console. We also have to keep in mind price points here. The A6/A7 have fantastic interiors, very well done.

Horrid is a tough word to use here.
I agree. The A4 interior is well put-together. The A3 at that price point, it's pretty nice, even though it's not luxurious. I like the clean, upscale feel of the A3, even though it's a $30,000 car.

Horrid is quite an adjective to describe an Audi interior. If Audi's is horrid, the term used to describe other competitor's interiors must be unfathomable. LOL
Old 05-30-14, 06:25 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,157 Likes on 1,396 Posts

ok folks, let's get back to talking about the genesis (vs. audi interiors, jeeps, etc.)
Old 05-30-14, 09:35 AM
Lexuslvr91
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.autoguide.com/car-compari...esis-3939.html

Joining Cadillac in the mid-size luxury sedan assault is Hyundai; yes, that Hyundai. When the concept of a large, rear-wheel drive V8 luxury car from Hyundai first surfaced, most people scoffed at the idea. The manufacturer of the Accent subcompact was going to make a luxury car? And badge it as a Hyundai? Yeah right!

But build it they did and the Genesis proved to be a good car. Although it couldn’t quite match the best the segment had to offer, the Genesis was a solid first effort and cost several thousand less than its competitors. Now for 2015 Hyundai has introduced a second generation Genesis sedan that promises to be every bit as good as anything on the market, while still costing a lot less.

The biggest improvements for both cars may be inside because Hyundai and Cadillac both paid attention to the details. While Cadillac went for a more stylish, modern design, Hyundai opted for a more traditional luxury theme. Matte finished wood adorn the dashboard and doors and the leather feels properly premium. We aren’t fans of the grey finishes in the Genesis though and prefer the CTS’s brown leather seating. Although both cars are a comfortable place to be, the Genesis feels more spacious inside partially due to the dual pane glass roof.

MORE AT THE LINK

Last edited by Lexuslvr91; 05-30-14 at 09:38 AM.

Quick Reply: 2015 Genesis Sedan Thread