2015 Genesis Sedan Thread - Page 5 - Club Lexus Forums

Log In 

2015 Genesis Sedan Thread

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-26-13, 03:07 PM   #61
Hoovey2411
Moderator
iTrader: (16)
 
Hoovey2411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: California
Posts: 33,696
Default Next Hyundai Genesis caught shooting through the snow... with all-wheel drive?

Next Hyundai Genesis caught shooting through the snow... with all-wheel drive?



Hyundai is still working on getting its next-generation Genesis sedan ready for production, and while these spy shots don't reveal much more of the car's new design than what we saw back in December, our spy photographer did manage to catch an important detail being added to the big sedan. In addition to its rumored 10-speed automatic transmission, it looks like the new Genesis could get an all-wheel drive system based on a sticker in the rear window that says "4WD AT." This would make sense, too, as the car was caught testing in snowy and icy Northern Sweden.

Another new element of the car visible in these pictures is our first look at the car with its LED headlights illuminated giving the front end a more upscale and dynamic look. In terms of its overall appearance, the new Genesis is expected to take some design elements from the HCD-14 Genesis Concept that Hyundai revealed last month at the Detroit Auto Show. There is still no official word, though, as to when we may see the new Genesis unveiled.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/02/26/n...-snow-with-al/
Hoovey2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-13, 11:20 PM   #62
Tantrix
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ny
Posts: 412
Default

it's nice but getting more and more closer to it's european counter parts.

asian and european cars are all starting to looks same, led DRL shapes, grlles. Lexus, Audi, BMW, infiniti, hyundai, Kia. is there a difference any more.

the only ones staying true to their style and heritage are the americans with the cadilacs, ford lincolns, chryslers.

As for hyundai, they have a hard time competing with lexus and the euro's at the same price points. Look at the Azera. nobody wants to pay 30k + for it. 20K for a sonata yes, but 30k for a azera no.
Tantrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-13, 04:59 AM   #63
TangoRed
Lexus Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,362
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantrix View Post
As for hyundai, they have a hard time competing with lexus and the euro's at the same price points. Look at the Azera. nobody wants to pay 30k + for it. 20K for a sonata yes, but 30k for a azera no.
Yet there $30k+ SUVs are flying off the lot. The Azera is strange, it really failed to connect with the market. I think the front end and interior is killing it- looks too similar to the more bargain-priced Hyundais. The interior has that alien-motif thing that the Elantra has and the front end is reminiscent of the Sonata.
TangoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-13, 10:19 AM   #64
Tantrix
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ny
Posts: 412
Default

really I wasn't aware of hyundai suv sales, 30k+ for a base hyundai santa fe isn't very appealing to me. fully loaded yes totally but not for 30k base.We are in toyota highlander territory and I'd take the highlander any day.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoRed View Post
Yet there $30k+ SUVs are flying off the lot. The Azera is strange, it really failed to connect with the market. I think the front end and interior is killing it- looks too similar to the more bargain-priced Hyundais. The interior has that alien-motif thing that the Elantra has and the front end is reminiscent of the Sonata.
Tantrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-13, 10:49 AM   #65
bitkahuna
resisting entropy
iTrader: (18)
 
bitkahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Present
Posts: 49,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantrix View Post
really I wasn't aware of hyundai suv sales, 30k+ for a base hyundai santa fe isn't very appealing to me. fully loaded yes totally but not for 30k base.We are in toyota highlander territory and I'd take the highlander any day.
base santa fe is 25k according to toyota's website. here's a comparison on their site of highlander, santa fe, and ford explorer base models. i found it interesting the explorer has over 100hp more. santa fe also gets a lot better fuel economy.

http://www.toyota.com/highlander/com...29/33357/34772
bitkahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-13, 11:00 AM   #66
Lexuslvr91
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitkahuna View Post
base santa fe is 25k according to toyota's website. here's a comparison on their site of highlander, santa fe, and ford explorer base models. i found it interesting the explorer has over 100hp more. santa fe also gets a lot better fuel economy.

http://www.toyota.com/highlander/com...29/33357/34772
Well the Santa Fe Sport is targeted closer to the Venza crowd with the 7 passenger Santa Fe targeted towards the Explorer and Highlander. That particular Santa Fe only comes with the 290 hp 3.3 V6 equal to that of the Explorer 3.5 V6.

Another note the base Explorer uses the 240 hp 2.0 turbo I4.
Lexuslvr91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-13, 11:40 AM   #67
GoFastTSI
Pole Position
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: AL
Posts: 327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantrix View Post
it's nice but getting more and more closer to it's european counter parts.

asian and european cars are all starting to looks same, led DRL shapes, grlles. Lexus, Audi, BMW, infiniti, hyundai, Kia. is there a difference any more.

the only ones staying true to their style and heritage are the americans with the cadilacs, ford lincolns, chryslers.

As for hyundai, they have a hard time competing with lexus and the euro's at the same price points. Look at the Azera. nobody wants to pay 30k + for it. 20K for a sonata yes, but 30k for a azera no.
Having just leased a 2013 Azera Limited and couldn't be happier, especially being a former 2011 Genesis owner as well. There are definitely pluses and minuses with the car but you can't beat the features for the price. Heated/cooled seats up front, heated seats in the rear, HID's, panoramic sunroof, QUIET...and I mean you can barely hear anything with the car running at highway speeds, great ride, and fwd vice rwd. Oh and zero down, $489/mo 15/K miles per year. I loved my Genesis and contemplated another one at lease termination but I wanted a smaller vehicle and a smaller payment with the unknowns of sequestration looming. The interior is very high quality and not as cheap as the Elantra/Sonata but a strong family resemblance and the front does have similar dimensions to the Sonata but is more upscale and not as busy. Would I pay for it outright at nearly $40K? Hell no, but you can't pass up the lease special for a car as loaded with features as the Azera.
GoFastTSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-13, 08:36 PM   #68
Lexuslvr91
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 393
Default

This sketch could potentially be how the production version looks:

Last edited by Lexuslvr91; 03-08-13 at 08:39 PM.
Lexuslvr91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-13, 09:34 PM   #69
pavelekPL
Lead Lap
 
pavelekPL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: il
Posts: 416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexuslvr91 View Post
This sketch could potentially be how the production version looks:
^that looks good. Is that a Chrysler logo on the grill?
pavelekPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-13, 10:16 PM   #70
oldcajun
Lead Lap
 
oldcajun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavelekPL View Post
^that looks good. Is that a Chrysler logo on the grill?
That is the Korean domestic emblem for the Genesis. It is much like the Bentley (or Mini) emblem.
Steve
oldcajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-13, 12:11 AM   #71
Hoovey2411
Moderator
iTrader: (16)
 
Hoovey2411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: California
Posts: 33,696
Default

Quote:
Stately. Has some Chrysler, Jaguar, Audi influence. Not a bad thing
Hoovey2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-13, 12:33 AM   #72
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Canuckistan
Posts: 1,667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavelekPL View Post
^that looks good. Is that a Chrysler logo on the grill?
Would be fitting, since this is essentially a Chrysler 300 competitor.
Mr. Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-13, 12:36 AM   #73
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic
 
I8ABMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Waiting for next track day
Posts: 22,169
Default

so obvious they are getting help from German designers. Brilliant. The design language and styling will sell well everywhere. Give them time to refine things and build that trust back with consumers and they will be a force to reckon with.
I8ABMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-13, 01:57 AM   #74
natnut
Lexus Champion
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexuslvr91 View Post
This sketch could potentially be how the production version looks:

Looks good. The lines on the car remind me of the previous generation Audis.
natnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-13, 08:09 AM   #75
Lexuslvr91
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavelekPL View Post
^that looks good. Is that a Chrysler logo on the grill?
Hyundai was actually using this logo about 2 years before Chrysler redesigned theirs.
Lexuslvr91 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replacing the Town Car as the Limo of Choice Lil4X Car Chat 28 11-30-14 10:12 AM
2013 Hyundai Genesis ditches 4.6L V8, gains eight-inch nav and 64GB SSD Hoovey2411 Car Chat 42 08-17-12 08:34 PM
Report: Updated Hyundai Genesis Coupe to debut at 2012 Detroit Auto Show Hoovey2411 Car Chat 12 06-10-11 09:41 PM
Spy Shots: Hyundai Genesis Coupe facelift on the way Hoovey2411 Car Chat 6 03-08-11 02:44 PM
MT First Drive: Hyundai Genesis GFerg Car Chat 203 06-04-08 05:15 PM


Tags
2000gt, 2008, 2014, 2015, 330, amber, forum, genesis, gensis, gs, hyundai, interior, isf, length, lexus, ls, m56, maxima, nissan, photos, rear, renderings, ride, rx, sale, sc, sedan, signal, signals, spied, spy, toyota, turn, unsettled

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:13 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved