Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > General Forums > Car Chat
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2015 Genesis Sedan Thread

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-21-13, 07:11 AM   #46
Vladi
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,513
Default

I don't really care about the car but those taillight employ proper lighting tech and style. As a matter of fact it looks like the best styled/made taillight out of all luxury manufacturers.

LED tube tech for the win! Why is Lexus "afraid" of this technology?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Vladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-13, 07:40 AM   #47
bitkahuna
resisting entropy
Trader Score: (15)
 
bitkahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Present
Posts: 45,265
Default

cmk1, sorry if you felt attacked previously. to you and anyone else, suggest you use the report post (triangle sign icon) feature or pm a moderator to review the situation.
__________________
TLN #911 * Stop Global Whining
9/11- never forget
nosce te ipsum
bitkahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-13, 09:10 AM   #48
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 6,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES View Post
Copy cats almost never do it better than the originals, because they're always looking to do it at a lower price point to compete. This car is the perfect example of that. They copy everything from the marques they want to compete with, but do absolutely nothing better but sell it cheaper.

I test drove an R-spec a few weeks ago and while impressed by what it was for the price point, it wasn't close to being in the ballpark of a true Tier 1 car.

If they were able to bring something new to the table at a lower price point it might truly steal some buyers away, but as it sits, it's just an alternative for those that can't/won't spend the $$$ for a MB/Audi/BMW/Lexus.
You said it, it is cheaper. Millions of people buy something just because it is cheaper. Look at Walmart.
BNR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-13, 09:30 AM   #49
spwolf
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,988
Default

Future Genesis will be nicer for sure but at the same time it will be more expensive too.
__________________
- 07 Lexus GS350 AWD
spwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-13, 09:43 AM   #50
GS3Tek
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (8)
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: so cal
Posts: 10,952
Default

Looks good.

How come no one bitc4ed when the W221 (in 2007) RIP-OFFED the E 65 interior (in 2002), hmmmm?
That left a real bad taste for MB for me
GS3Tek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-13, 10:58 AM   #51
cmk1
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
cmk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Edgbaston, West Midlands, UK; TX
Posts: 405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitkahuna View Post
cmk1, sorry if you felt attacked previously. to you and anyone else, suggest you use the report post (triangle sign icon) feature or pm a moderator to review the situation.
Thanks, duly noted! You're actually the one who resolved that little issue for me back then, so you've been of great help times infinity.
__________________
cmk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-13, 11:35 AM   #52
TangoRed
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS3Tek View Post
Looks good.

How come no one bitc4ed when the W221 (in 2007) RIP-OFFED the E 65 interior (in 2002), hmmmm?
That left a real bad taste for MB for me
What makes you think they didn't? The W221 caused an uproar because of the E65-inspired interior and the Maybach-esque rear end. As with many things, time changes everything. Luckily the dashboard has enough styling elements and features to set it apart, but the complaints were there loud and clear.
TangoRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-13, 11:45 AM   #53
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (0)
 
mmarshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Virginia
Posts: 50,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slvr surfr View Post
I see and unsterstand your point Marshall and I'm not trying to be argumentative.
No problem. Your opinion always welcome.


Quote:
I would just like to see more orginality in design these days and less recycling of righ-angles and soft curves.
Cadillac seems to be one of those who don't just follow the aero/jelly-bean look like they're behind the Pied Piper. I'd say that they have shown some originality. So did Chris Bangle at BMW some years back....though I wasn't impressed with much of what he came up with.
__________________
mmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-13, 03:31 PM   #54
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (0)
 
I8ABMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Somewhere far far away
Posts: 19,144
Default

I looked more closely at the pics and I am very impressed. I kind of agree that the mish mash of styling cues does kind of amount to a great looking car, GS lights without the funky front end, Audi side profile with better reliabilty most likely ( also much much smaller payment), Euro front end styling with contemporary head lamp design, AND a Euro interior that didnt beat the **** of your check book every month. I will be keeping my LS but for the next car I am going to really , for the first time, explore my options. I have always tended to run right back to Lexus. If I have 60k to spend Im not just going to give it to Lexus . I want them to earn it. I will objectively look at the cars and pick the best. Since I am done with buying cars because I like a new car every couple of years ( I get bored) I will be less concerned with long term reliabilty. I want something fun, fast, comfortable, stylish, and something that wont break the bank. I work in a retirement community and I see the Genesis all the time. These retirees are frugal but are older and demand luxury and reliabilty. From the frequency I see them in the area I can assume safely that they are well built cars that provide the luxury and comfort but will not destroy the retirement savings
__________________

2010 LEXUS ISF / F Sport rear Sway Bar / Michelin PSS

The ISF......The perfect car for an enthusiast. It can be driven to the track, run hard all day , and then transport me hundreds of miles to home in luxury and comfort to pick up the wife for dinner and a movie....
I8ABMR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-13, 05:32 PM   #55
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (0)
 
TRDFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: A better place
Posts: 7,289
Default

Sorry, but that interior doesn't look that much better than the current generation. In fact, it barely looks improved at all from the current generation. It may end up even being lower quality in terms of materials used. The design and style of the interior is the same tired, imitation design of the current generation.

The competition has nothing to worry about. Life will only continue to get harder for Hyundai. They aren't going to be dominating anything, not when their key competitor is now a much stronger and more aggressive company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNR34 View Post
You said it, it is cheaper. Millions of people buy something just because it is cheaper. Look at Walmart.
Well I think that explains your perspective . Looks like you only buy something because it's cheaper, and you don't base your purchase decisions on if something is better. As the old adage goes, you get what you pay for.
__________________
"A tradition cannot be founded if you reject the first generation" - Kazuo Okamoto, Chief Engineer 2nd generation LS 400.
-----------
A wise person recently told me, internet forums are mostly for whining.
-----------
The anonymity of the internet brings out the worst in everyone.

Last edited by TRDFantasy; 02-21-13 at 05:36 PM..
TRDFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-13, 06:26 PM   #56
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 6,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I8ABMR View Post
I looked more closely at the pics and I am very impressed. I kind of agree that the mish mash of styling cues does kind of amount to a great looking car, GS lights without the funky front end, Audi side profile with better reliabilty most likely ( also much much smaller payment), Euro front end styling with contemporary head lamp design, AND a Euro interior that didnt beat the **** of your check book every month. I will be keeping my LS but for the next car I am going to really , for the first time, explore my options. I have always tended to run right back to Lexus. If I have 60k to spend Im not just going to give it to Lexus . I want them to earn it. I will objectively look at the cars and pick the best. Since I am done with buying cars because I like a new car every couple of years ( I get bored) I will be less concerned with long term reliabilty. I want something fun, fast, comfortable, stylish, and something that wont break the bank. I work in a retirement community and I see the Genesis all the time. These retirees are frugal but are older and demand luxury and reliabilty. From the frequency I see them in the area I can assume safely that they are well built cars that provide the luxury and comfort but will not destroy the retirement savings
Agreed completely.

We still don't know the longevity of these premium Korean cars yet, they are only a few years old.
BNR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-13, 06:30 PM   #57
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 6,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDFantasy View Post
Sorry, but that interior doesn't look that much better than the current generation. In fact, it barely looks improved at all from the current generation. It may end up even being lower quality in terms of materials used. The design and style of the interior is the same tired, imitation design of the current generation.

The competition has nothing to worry about. Life will only continue to get harder for Hyundai. They aren't going to be dominating anything, not when their key competitor is now a much stronger and more aggressive company.
Samsung was crap 10~15 years ago, look at them now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDFantasy View Post
Well I think that explains your perspective . Looks like you only buy something because it's cheaper, and you don't base your purchase decisions on if something is better. As the old adage goes, you get what you pay for.
Do you know me in real life? I was just talking about the general public. I care about value, best bang for my buck
BNR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-13, 12:13 AM   #58
Tantrix
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ny
Posts: 297
Default

I'm a big hyundai and kia fan, really enjoyed the sonata, optima, azera when they came out.


but I gotta say this rendering, if it is close to the real thing, has cookie cutter copy cat design all over it.

all these euro asian car designs are looking too similar now. everyone looks like each other.

except for the americans, u can clearly see chrysler, ford, GM all striving for their own identity and style.
Tantrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-13, 01:10 AM   #59
JPCENTERS
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 18
Default

I love it!
JPCENTERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-13, 06:41 AM   #60
speedflex
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
speedflex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: MO
Posts: 2,521
Default

From what I can tell it will have more of the Azera's styling cues, at least in side profile. I've grown to really like to look of the current Genesis sedan. Nice looking car.
__________________
_______________________________
Building a fake future in the hopes that the real future will show up and mate with it.
speedflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-13, 06:41 AM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
2000gt, 2008, 2014, 2015, 330, amber, forum, genesis, gensis, gs, hyundai, interior, isf, length, lexus, ls, m56, maxima, nissan, photos, rear, renderings, ride, rx, sale, sc, sedan, signal, signals, spied, spy, toyota, turn, unsettled

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spied: 2015 Hyundai Genesis GFerg Car Chat 143 10-18-13 02:13 PM
2014 Toyota Corolla E170 Spied. cmk1 Car Chat 21 01-08-13 04:51 PM
Hyundai teases HCD-14 concept ahead of Detroit debut Hoovey2411 Car Chat 1 01-08-13 12:56 PM
2014 Lexus CX Spy Shots cmk1 Car Chat 27 09-08-12 12:27 PM
2014 IS-F convertible spotted at Nürburgring? cmk1 Car Chat 41 07-25-12 04:19 PM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:12 PM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info