Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

next gen Subaru WRX spied...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-14, 10:10 AM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm....that's interesting. I didn't find the one that I wanted, but there are a lot out there it seems.
Old 09-04-14, 11:27 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SLegacy99
Hmmm....that's interesting. I didn't find the one that I wanted, but there are a lot out there it seems.
Note I limited the price to under $30K, if you remove that......it goes from 70 to 270 cars available.
Old 09-16-14, 12:12 PM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

My WRX finally arrived and it was well worth the wait. While I will miss some features than my Legacy has like puddle lights and heated mirrors, I really appreciate the comfortable sporty seats, the telescoping steering wheel, and the LED headlights...in fact the headlights may be my favorite part. They are WAY better than the HIDs in my Legacy GT.
Old 09-16-14, 12:15 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

My WRX finally arrived and it was well worth the wait. While I will miss some features than my Legacy has like puddle lights and heated mirrors, I really appreciate the comfortable sporty seats, the telescoping steering wheel, and the LED headlights...in fact the headlights may be my favorite part. They are WAY better than the HIDs in my Legacy GT.
Nice! congrats!

assuming you got the the Limited (required for LED headlights?)
Old 09-16-14, 01:33 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats SLegacy! I think the new WRX is an amazing new platform. Rock solid with improved dynamics, and a good bump in interior materials. Still not GTI level, but much improved over the outgoing WRX for sure. Nice chunky steering wheel with good controls, except the Up/Down logic on the presets controller doesn't follow the new vertical layout on the screen itself.

We've had one at work for a while and I still think there's a good amount of turbo lag vs. the old 2.5L motor, and a bit of awkward rev hang when working through the gears. That said the 6MT is worlds better than the old 5MT in terms of feel and throw, even without the STI Short Throw.
Old 09-16-14, 03:50 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

With Cold Air Intake and Tune, you can easily make ~300WHP out of the new 2.0L DIT. I plan on doing these after Wheels and Tires. Perrin Shift Bushing and Pitch Stop Mount are probably the first upgrade to the car though.
Old 09-16-14, 03:53 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pbm317
Congrats SLegacy! I think the new WRX is an amazing new platform. Rock solid with improved dynamics, and a good bump in interior materials. Still not GTI level, but much improved over the outgoing WRX for sure. Nice chunky steering wheel with good controls, except the Up/Down logic on the presets controller doesn't follow the new vertical layout on the screen itself.

We've had one at work for a while and I still think there's a good amount of turbo lag vs. the old 2.5L motor, and a bit of awkward rev hang when working through the gears. That said the 6MT is worlds better than the old 5MT in terms of feel and throw, even without the STI Short Throw.
I feel turbo lag in the new 2.0L is very minimal, and I know rev hang can be fixed with AP latest map.
Old 09-16-14, 03:54 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Whoa congrats! A red one too, way to break away from the norm Blue, silver and black
Old 09-16-14, 04:08 PM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pbm317
I can tell the difference between the 2.5L in my LGT and the 2.0L. I feel like the 2.5L is quicker to 60. However, if you're doin say 25 in second gear the WRX and jam on it, the pickup is far greater.

I like the electric power steering too. Ive always enjoyed how quick it is in my mom's RX. However, the WRX feels like you are steering a real, live car.

I've only seen one or two around town in the last few months, so I've been enjoying the looks I've been getting. Two guys drove by me in a first gen bugeye and backed up my alley to take a look at the car.
Old 09-16-14, 04:14 PM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cino
With Cold Air Intake and Tune, you can easily make ~300WHP out of the new 2.0L DIT. I plan on doing these after Wheels and Tires. Perrin Shift Bushing and Pitch Stop Mount are probably the first upgrade to the car though.
I can't wait to do an intake...my LGT has one and I def. enjoy the sound that it produces.
Old 09-16-14, 04:21 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

I can't wait to do an intake...my LGT has one and I def. enjoy the sound that it produces.
FA20DIT in WRX is severely detuned. Tune and Intake really unlocked the power of the engine. WRX is a perfect driver's car for the money right out of the box. If you need more sound, CIA, and axle back might be inexpensive upgrades, I still would AP or ECUtek before any bolt on my Subaru.
Old 09-26-14, 05:56 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Subaru Gives 2015 Impreza a Modest Facelift

Apparently, Subaru has refreshed the 2015 Impreza series with some cosmetic tweaks on the outside and a series of interior upgrades.

If you're still looking for the visual changes, most of them were applied to the front end that gets a restyled bumper with new air inlets and chrome decorations, a reworked grille and tweaked headlamps. The 2015MY also gets new door mirrors, with the sedan gaining a low-profile trunk spoiler and LEDs for the center high mounted stoplight.

On the inside, Subaru has added sound deadening materials and thicker side glass windows with improved sealing to make the ride quieter on all models, while also adding standard features.

These include standard Rear Vision Camera and one-touch lane changer feature for the turn signals for all trims, cruise control and a touch-screen infotainment system for the base 2.0i, and an upgraded instrument cluster with center-mounted LCD color display and a steering wheel mounted control switch for the Limited and Sport Limited.

New options include a Keyless Access with Push-Button Start system and PIN code access on the 4-door Limited and Sport Limited, and EyeSight Driver Assist Technology for the 2.0i Limited 4-door and 2.0i Sport Limited.

All 2015 Imprezas are powered by a 148-hp 2.0-liter boxer engine that remains unchanged, hooked up to a five-speed manual or an improved Lineartronic CVT that is now standard on the Premium and Limited trims. There's also a quicker ratio also for the electric power assisted steering on all models.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/09/sub...za-modest.html
Old 09-26-14, 11:08 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Nice little package. Personally it doesn't scream 'buy me' to me, but I appreciate the upgrades
Old 09-26-14, 04:58 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Interior is a nice upgrade. Hopefully WRX/STI get new interior with Hatchback.
Old 09-28-14, 07:56 AM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well...I don't know about fa20dit making 300awhp easily with a tune and intake. I know they have their own issues just as much as the EJ25 though.

Another thing is the timing chain in this engine...will be POS to adjust or change.

Anyways, both WRX and STI are super good to drive. Love them both.

Quick Reply: next gen Subaru WRX spied...