Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

next gen Subaru WRX spied...

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-14, 04:26 AM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally got an ETA on my WRX....October!
Old 06-05-14, 05:38 AM
fastdak25
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not till october? wow. I canceled my order when I got the opportunity to pick up my launch edition, and for almost 2k under MSRP.
Old 06-05-14, 06:31 AM
cino
Lexus Champion

Wow October? You should look somewhere else.
Old 06-05-14, 07:17 AM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fastdak25
Not till october? wow. I canceled my order when I got the opportunity to pick up my launch edition, and for almost 2k under MSRP.
Wow!! October ? Lucky me, I also chose the LE, and been enjoying her so much
Old 06-05-14, 10:57 AM
fastdak25
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Whitigir
Wow!! October ? Lucky me, I also chose the LE, and been enjoying her so much
I've already had a 500w amp installed under the driver's seat, with a 10inch sub in the trunk. Going back soon to do the radio and speakers with a 7 inch touchscreen system with Mirrorlink so I can run Pandora and the rest of my phone w/o ever having to pick it up. The stock speakers are just soooo ****ty, such a hollow sound no volume (have to crank up almost max to hear music reall good over road noise). Also got the SPT exhaust waiting at the dealership (just came in) to get installed soon as I find a time to get up there. 35% film all the way around.
Old 06-05-14, 11:09 AM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cino
Wow October? You should look somewhere else.
I've tried. There's nothing in Pennsylvania. Dealer told me that Subaru is way behind in processing orders, but also that their estimates are typically over estimates regarding arrival time.

....I borrowed my dad's E 350 today and I'm think that I might really want the Harmon Kardon sound system in the WRX... still not sure it is worth $2000.
Old 06-05-14, 11:14 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 567 Likes on 389 Posts

For $2K you can have a nice system built while still looking near stock
Old 06-05-14, 12:32 PM
fastdak25
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SLegacy99
I've tried. There's nothing in Pennsylvania. Dealer told me that Subaru is way behind in processing orders, but also that their estimates are typically over estimates regarding arrival time.

....I borrowed my dad's E 350 today and I'm think that I might really want the Harmon Kardon sound system in the WRX... still not sure it is worth $2000.
The sales manager that sold me my launch edition at 2K under MSRP said his Subaru has the HK system, and its nothing special. He ever tried to get me to upgrade to it.
Old 06-05-14, 12:50 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts
Default WRX Concept styling may transfer to production Impreza, next WRX

Remember the original concept that previewed the latest generation Subaru WRX? If not, then just look above for a gallery of photos following its debut at the 2013 New York Auto Show. We loved it, and thus, were sort of disappointed when we first saw the less-aggressive production model.

It's not that the production 2015 WRX is ugly, per se. It just doesn't have the gaping grille, four-door coupe lines or squinting headlights that give the concept so much verve. But as it turns out, Subaru might have realized that it was on the right track with the more assertive styling. Rumors coming out of Australia suggest that the shape could form the basis for the next-generation Impreza, and next WRX, along with a major platform shift.

Subaru chief designer Mamoru Ishii tells Motoring that that the next-generation car will ditch the rather utilitarian current design in favor of something more exciting. Like the WRX concept, the design will start wide at the bottom for an aggressive stance and taper up to the roof. That styling would likely get even more aggressive for the next 'Rex.

The styling shift isn't the only big change on the horizon for the entry-level model. As part of Subaru's growth strategy, it's developing a new modular Subaru Global Platform to underpin most of its models. Motoring believes that the Impreza will be the first to use it in 2016. The latest rumor lines up surprisingly well with earlier rumblings of Subie considering moving some of the model's production to its Indiana factory in 2016. With the Camry no longer built there, the company has room to expand.
http://www.autoblog.com/2014/06/05/s...mpreza-report/
Old 07-08-14, 05:54 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default 2015 Subaru WRX STI is "The Most Technically Specialized Car" for Under $40,000

Think of a car that provides more performance and capability in one single fairly-affordable package than the Subaru WRX STI. In Europe, there may be some alternatives, but for US buyers it really is the most technically specialized car for under $40,000, as CNET’s Brian Cooley points out in this review.

Its interior is still about a decade behind the competition, but then again this could be thought of as a character-building feature of the car, and not a true negative point – it will feel quite dingy if you’ve just stepped out of a luxury limo, but otherwise you should be able to live with it.

Buying and driving one of these is worth it for the experience of having so much control and grip within easy reach, with handling limits that can be gently and progressively approached. Subaru even went ahead and ignored the electric power steering trend and gave the STI a proper hydraulic rack – that alone should make some enthusiasts really happy…

http://www.carscoops.com/2014/07/201...chnically.html
Old 07-25-14, 11:25 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Subaru teasing new WRX S4 model ahead of Japanese debut

The Subaru WRX range is growing just a little bit larger, at least in Japan, with the automaker's teasing announcement of a new version called the S4. Unfortunately, the company is keeping details about its latest all-wheel drive sport sedan a closely guarded secret for the moment.

From what we can glean, it appears that the S4 might be a more luxurious take on the WRX. According to the release, the name stands for the four qualities that Subaru wants the sedan to have: "'Sports performance', 'Safety performance', 'Smart driving' and 'Sophisticated feel.'" As part of this focus, the car comes with the company's EyeSight camera system. Thankfully, we don't have too long to wait to find out what all of the buzz words actually mean because Subaru is unveiling the S4 on August 25 in Japan.

The automaker also launched a teaser website for the S4 that you can cheek out, here, but at the moment it doesn't provide any more details about the new sport sedan. The site just has countdown until the August reveal. There's also no indication yet whether this potentially more premium WRX could make it US shores. Scroll down to read the Subaru's rather concise teaser for the upcoming S4.

Press Release

Subaru Names All-New Sports Sedan "WRX S4" in Japan

Tokyo, July 25, 2014 - Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (FHI), the maker of Subaru automobiles, today announced that Subaru's all-new sports sedan, to be introduced in Japan on August 25, has been named "WRX S4".

While the "WRX S4" has "the Subaru's top AWD (All-Wheel drive) sports performance", the sports sedan also achieves "unique overall safety performance" with features such as the next-generation EyeSight, "superior environmental friendliness" and "high-quality feel". By fusing these four values at a high level centering on its AWD sports performance as a core attribute, a new value has been achieved. It enables more drivers to enjoy superb driving performance with safety and comfort. To represent the above four attributes, the vehicle name "S4" has four meanings; "Sports performance", "Safety performance", "Smart driving" and "Sophisticated feel".

A special website has been launched on the Subaru Official Website at 11:00 am on July 25 (Japan time) to release teaser images and other information.
http://www.autoblog.com/2014/07/25/s...l-japan-debut/
Old 09-04-14, 05:14 AM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Its been almost 6 months and I still haven't gotten my WRX. From what Ive read online, the average wait time is 2 to 3 months. ...not sure if I should complain to Subaru of America or just deal with it, but the dealer could care less.
Old 09-04-14, 05:31 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Its been almost 6 months and I still haven't gotten my WRX. From what Ive read online, the average wait time is 2 to 3 months. ...not sure if I should complain to Subaru of America or just deal with it, but the dealer could care less.
I would sure as hell be contacting other dealers in the area within 500 miles.

When I finally get my STI it will be thru Heuberger Motors in Colorado Springs - nowhere near me but best prices and no screwing around, super high volume. I'll either take my time and drive it home or have it shipped.
Old 09-04-14, 05:39 AM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bagwell
I would sure as hell be contacting other dealers in the area within 500 miles.

When I finally get my STI it will be thru Heuberger Motors in Colorado Springs - nowhere near me but best prices and no screwing around, super high volume. I'll either take my time and drive it home or have it shipped.
Hmmmm....well I shopped a few dealers and this is the only one that would actually take my order, back in March. And I put $500. I dunno. Ive never bought a new car before, but Ive had 3 Subarus and I cannot see myself doing this again.
Old 09-04-14, 06:38 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Hmmmm....well I shopped a few dealers and this is the only one that would actually take my order, back in March. And I put $500. I dunno. Ive never bought a new car before, but Ive had 3 Subarus and I cannot see myself doing this again.

have you looked on autotrader? I typed in a 15010 zip code..... http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...ear=2015&Log=0

or TRUECAR.com

Last edited by bagwell; 09-04-14 at 07:14 AM.

Quick Reply: next gen Subaru WRX spied...