Lexus To Launch Updated CT 200h Next Year, Eventually Offer More Variants: Report - Page 3 - Club Lexus Forums

Log In 

Lexus To Launch Updated CT 200h Next Year, Eventually Offer More Variants: Report

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-14-13, 10:49 PM   #31
Fizzboy7
Lexus Fanatic
 
Fizzboy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Posts: 6,755
Default

Nice updates. Spindle works well here and the slim taillights are modern. What holds this car back is the backward c-pillar. A pillar structure mimicking the Golf would really make this car look clean and sleek.
Fizzboy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-13, 11:45 PM   #32
GiantsFan
Northern California Regional Moderator
iTrader: (9)
 
GiantsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CA - Norcal
Posts: 7,407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovey2411 View Post
Because you said V6 which would have 28-30 more hp than a 240hp Turbo 4. That does not make sense for a F.
I meant 300+ HP. ... Like in the IS350. (Assuming it can work... ). And if Lexus DID make a CTF, I would personally want it to be AWD.

I guess what I'm saying is: I want a Lexus CT F to be Lexus' version of the Golf R
GiantsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-13, 09:20 AM   #33
nabbun
Lexus Champion
 
nabbun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,718
Default

Any hi-po variants will be coming with the next generation. Lexus trademarked the CT200h, CT300h and CT400h nameplates but only used the former. IMO, Lexus didn't think about the CLA or any other competition that could have come down the pipeline when they must've made the decision to only use the Prius's drivetrain. Another aspect that I think influenced them is that they didn't have the upcoming Hybrid R powertrain that is supposed to end up in the 4 door GT86/FRS. I think it was first debuted in the Yaris Hybrid concept.

I of all people wished there were at least 2 variants at launch. The CT200h and CT300h. The CT300h could have used the Camry hybrid's powertrain. 2.5 I-4 making 156 HP? 200hp total combined? yummmmmmmmmmmy. And a CT-F using the GS450h powertrain in AWD? I have a chubby just at the thought . . .

Last edited by nabbun; 10-15-13 at 09:23 AM.
nabbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-13, 10:02 AM   #34
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic
 
mmarshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Virginia
Posts: 58,482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzboy7 View Post
What holds this car back is the backward c-pillar.
The design of those C-pillars/roofline also makes the rear window ridiculously small (something I noted in my CT review). The wiper-blade for it is only around 5 or 6 inches long.
mmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-13, 11:00 AM   #35
Hoovey2411
Moderator
iTrader: (16)
 
Hoovey2411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: California
Posts: 33,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsFan View Post
I meant 300+ HP. ... Like in the IS350. (Assuming it can work... ). And if Lexus DID make a CTF, I would personally want it to be AWD.

I guess what I'm saying is: I want a Lexus CT F to be Lexus' version of the Golf R
Again it can't, the 3.5 and 3.5 DI are for two different layouts for FWD and RWD respectively (and you can't use the latter). An alternative turbo 4 or larger hybrid make sense, rest assured there will never be a V6 CT.

Likely:
CT200h - 1.8L 134 total system output
CT300h - 2.5L 200 total system output
CT-F - 2.0L turbo 260hp
Hoovey2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-13, 11:25 AM   #36
ST430
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 1,266
Default

I know it's wishful thinking, but if only Toyco made a CT200e (electric) instead of the RAV4. I think it would been a perfect platform with the Tesla powertrain appropriate to its price.
ST430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-13, 11:46 AM   #37
nabbun
Lexus Champion
 
nabbun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,718
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST430 View Post
I know it's wishful thinking, but if only Toyco made a CT200e (electric) instead of the RAV4. I think it would been a perfect platform with the Tesla powertrain appropriate to its price.
That is compelling. CT200e? But then again, I wouldn't have bought it lol
nabbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-13, 12:18 PM   #38
LexFather
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Maybe its just me but instead of more power (which would be cool) I would like to see it nearer the 50 MPG Prius rating... The ES and CT both get 40 MPG and well, that doesn't look that great for the CT anymore.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-13, 12:27 PM   #39
nabbun
Lexus Champion
 
nabbun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,718
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueprint View Post
Maybe its just me but instead of more power (which would be cool) I would like to see it nearer the 50 MPG Prius rating... The ES and CT both get 40 MPG and well, that doesn't look that great for the CT anymore.
But the CT and ES are 2 totally different vehicles! One is soft and comfy and HUGE! The other is sporty and compact and . . . and . . . um . . . yippy!

I highly doubt people cross shop between the 2 . . .
nabbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-13, 12:40 PM   #40
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 9,024
Default

I look forward to seeing how the CT lineup will expand in the next gen. I do think at least one other engine option makes sense, but aside from that, it's hard to see how it could translate into a sedan or coupe. "T" is a unique moniker among Lexus vehicles, so I don't think a CT sedan, ala CLA or A3, will ever happen. Similarly, NX will be a little larger and taller, so a CT-based CUV doesn't make a whole lot of sense either.

Regardless, I'm very happy that it's been so successful for Lexus. This model got a lot of flack when it debuted, but it's really been a very popular addition.
MPLexus301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-13, 12:50 PM   #41
LexFather
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabbun View Post
But the CT and ES are 2 totally different vehicles! One is soft and comfy and HUGE! The other is sporty and compact and . . . and . . . um . . . yippy!

I highly doubt people cross shop between the 2 . . .
Completely agree, but 40 MPG for a good size sedan and then 40 MPG for the hatch AND the sedan makes 200hp to the CT 138hp means the CT could hopefully get 50 MPG with its current engine or the new engine from the ESh.

Or maybe a bump to 45MPG. Not sure why the CT loses 10MPG from the Prius outside of aggressive engine mapping in sport mode.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-13, 12:58 PM   #42
nabbun
Lexus Champion
 
nabbun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,718
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueprint View Post
Completely agree, but 40 MPG for a good size sedan and then 40 MPG for the hatch AND the sedan makes 200hp to the CT 138hp means the CT could hopefully get 50 MPG with its current engine or the new engine from the ESh.

Or maybe a bump to 45MPG. Not sure why the CT loses 10MPG from the Prius outside of aggressive engine mapping in sport mode.
Weight and mostly engine/fuel mapping. A little also has to do with the fact that it's not as aerodynamic; ie drag coefficient.
nabbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-13, 01:00 PM   #43
madfast
Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovey2411 View Post
Again it can't, the 3.5 and 3.5 DI are for two different layouts for FWD and RWD respectively (and you can't use the latter). An alternative turbo 4 or larger hybrid make sense, rest assured there will never be a V6 CT.

Likely:
CT200h - 1.8L 134 total system output
CT300h - 2.5L 200 total system output
CT-F - 2.0L turbo 260hp
theres no reason why a future CT300h cant use the upgraded 2AR-FSE from the IS300h instead of the same old camry 2AR-FXE, so 220 hp please

imo there should be a CT200t, not a CT-F lest the F badge become as diluted as the M and AMG badge...
madfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-13, 01:07 PM   #44
nabbun
Lexus Champion
 
nabbun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,718
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madfast View Post
theres no reason why a future CT300h cant use the upgraded 2AR-FSE from the IS300h instead of the same old camry 2AR-FXE, so 220 hp please

imo there should be a CT200t, not a CT-F lest the F badge become as diluted as the M and AMG badge...
Mo money mo problems lol

I also like the idea of the CT300h being based off the 2AR-FSE. Usually, Lexus doesn't share their engines with anyone. Keeping it premium
nabbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-13, 01:20 PM   #45
ydooby
Lexus Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 1,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueprint View Post
Maybe its just me but instead of more power (which would be cool) I would like to see it nearer the 50 MPG Prius rating... The ES and CT both get 40 MPG and well, that doesn't look that great for the CT anymore.
In Europe the CT and the Prius get practically identical fuel economy ratings (the CT beats the Prius slightly there actually). It's only in the US where the CT comes standard with 17" wheels (versus 15" in Europe) that the CT mysteriously trails the Prius by that kind of margin.

Last edited by ydooby; 10-15-13 at 01:25 PM.
ydooby is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2016 Cadillac CT6 (Page 4) Vh_Supra26 Car Chat 327 05-14-16 04:30 PM
Higher Performance, More Efficient Lexus CT200h Models Coming St00k CT 200h Model (2011-present) 30 12-21-14 12:18 PM
New Lexus Model @ 2012 Paris Motor Show?! flipside909 Car Chat 35 07-28-12 07:34 PM
So if Mercedes is making an A Class AMG, what if Lexus had a CT F? flipside909 Car Chat 32 07-19-12 11:41 PM
Autoweek:Future products: Lexus reloads to do battle with BMW, Mercedes LexFather Car Chat 15 09-28-10 09:59 PM


Tags
2000h, 200h, 2013, 2014, 2015, ct, ct200, ct200h, ct300h, generation, gs350, lexus, lip, power, sport

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:53 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved