Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus To Launch Updated CT 200h Next Year, Eventually Offer More Variants: Report

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-13, 04:44 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by Trexus
I was very disappointed with the Lexus booth at the LA Auto show because they didn't have the RC or the LF-NX displayed there.
wow, one of the biggest, hottest automotive markets on the planet (LA/SoCal) and they don't bring those two? i guess they were at the tokyo show too recently perhaps?
Old 11-26-13, 06:42 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
wow, one of the biggest, hottest automotive markets on the planet (LA/SoCal) and they don't bring those two? i guess they were at the tokyo show too recently perhaps?
The RC 300h is at Tokyo so I would assume the RC 350 would be in LA but I think it's in China. The LF-NX turbo is in Tokyo so I would have assumed the LF-NX hybrid would have been in LA but then again I think it's in China. The only concept at the LA Auto show was the LF-LC which is awesome but Lexus would have knocked it out of the park if the RC and LF-NX were at the LA Auto show.

As for the 2014 CT 200h at the LA Auto show it was great to see it in person. Still no cup holders in the rear seats. Not sure if I like the fixed navigation on the dashboard. I like how my navigation folds away. As for the spindle grill I'm ok with it. Also like the upgraded navigation and power seats on the front passenger side.

Last edited by Trexus; 11-27-13 at 01:10 PM.
Old 11-27-13, 09:36 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

With the 1 series variants and A series variants at BMW and Benz Lexus better make this new CT something really special. The Germans are dropping new products at a rate that we all know Lexus will never keep up with. I wonder what gives?? Why the explosion of new smaller cars from the German camps
Old 11-27-13, 10:31 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

I was very disappointed with the Lexus booth at the LA Auto show because they didn't have the RC or the LF-NX displayed there.

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
The D.C. and L.A./SoCal areas both FAR exceed the auto-market of the Detroit region....and those two regions, of course, have the worst traffic in the country (they have played musical-chairs, back and forth, as to which one is actually worse which year). The D.C. area, for example, sells six times the number of new cars the Detroit Metro region does (one reason there are so many dealerships here where I can do reviews) , and the L.A region, TEN TIMES as many new cars as Detroit...truly L.A. is the country's car-culture center. Yet, the Detroit show continues, every year (senselessly, IMO), to be the biggest show, draw the most auto-press, and have the most introductions. Though that might (?) have made sense at one time, back when Detroit was a REAL city, had a huge local car industry with little foreign competition, and actually SOLD cars in vast numbers, it simply doesn't make sense any more. The people (and companies) that put on the Detroit show, even with the recent resurrection of Ford, GM, and Chrysler, are simply living in the past.
Old 11-27-13, 11:04 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

The RC 300h is at Tokyo so I would assume the RC 350 would be in LA but I think it's in China. The LF-NX turbo is in Tokyo so I would have assumed the LF-NX hybrid would have been in LA but then again I think it's in China. The only concept at the LA Auto show was the LF-LC which is awesome but Lexus would have knocked it out of the park if the RC and LF-NX were at the LA Auto show.

As for the 2014 CT 200h at the LA Auto show it was great to see it in person. Still no cup holders in the rear seats. Not sure if I like the fixed navigation on the dashboard. I like how my navigations folds away. As for the spindle grill I'm ok with it. Also like the upgraded navigation and power seats on the front passenger side.
Detroit will likely get RC-F, and Geneva will likely get production NX.

CT200h is nice... i like that they fixed the LEDs and all the other little touches.
Old 11-27-13, 02:21 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
The D.C. and L.A./SoCal areas both FAR exceed the auto-market of the Detroit region....and those two regions, of course, have the worst traffic in the country (they have played musical-chairs, back and forth, as to which one is actually worse which year). The D.C. area, for example, sells six times the number of new cars the Detroit Metro region does (one reason there are so many dealerships here where I can do reviews) , and the L.A region, TEN TIMES as many new cars as Detroit...truly L.A. is the country's car-culture center. Yet, the Detroit show continues, every year (senselessly, IMO), to be the biggest show, draw the most auto-press, and have the most introductions. Though that might (?) have made sense at one time, back when Detroit was a REAL city, had a huge local car industry with little foreign competition, and actually SOLD cars in vast numbers, it simply doesn't make sense any more. The people (and companies) that put on the Detroit show, even with the recent resurrection of Ford, GM, and Chrysler, are simply living in the past.
California is the most populated state in the U.S. with a little more than 38 million people with half living in southern California. Just looking at Lexus dealerships there are 38 in California. Virginia has 5 Lexus dealerships, Maryland has 5 Lexus dealerships, Delaware has 1 Lexus Dealership, Pennsylvania has 5 Lexus dealerships and New Jersey has 11 Lexus dealerships.

Mike, when the 2014 CT 200h comes to the D.C. Auto show I'd like to get your take on it. I know it's just a mid-cycle refresh and this is the first generation CT. I'm sure the second generation will have much more improvements and hopefully some variants.

Last edited by Trexus; 11-29-13 at 11:06 AM.
Old 02-25-14, 09:24 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Euro Debut for Facelifted Lexus CT 200h in Geneva [60 Photos & Video]

Click here to view more photos

The restyled Lexus CT 200h has been on sale in the U.S. since late January, but in Europe, the model will arrive this spring, which explains why the Japanese carmaker will display it at the Geneva Motor Show.

The Europe-spec version of the hybrid hatch looks identical to the U.S. model, sporting the same wide spindle grille, updated front bumper, revised headlights with projector LED lamps, new 10-spoke 16- and 17-inch wheels, restyled rear bumper and taillights, as well as a shark fin-style roof antenna. It also gets the optional F Sport package that sharpens up the CT 200h’s look.

On the inside, the facelifted Lexus CT 200h gets a new steering wheel from the IS sedan, a thinner, fixed design for the central TFT multimedia display screen and an optional 4.2-inch TFT gauge cluster, among other things. The Lexus Media Display and Lexus Premium Navigation systems feature added functions, improved operability, and enhanced hands-free and voice recognition control.

Additional equipment upgrades include the availability of rear view and back guide monitors for the LDA system, as well as Intuitive parking Assist, a Tyre Pressure Warning system and a Traction Control ‘Off’ switch.

The CT 200h combines a 99 PS (98hp) 1.8-liter Atkinson Cycle petrol engine with a 60kW (81hp) electric motor for a total output of 134 hp (136PS). The hybrid sprints from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 10.3 seconds and reaches a top speed of 180 km/h (112 mph).

Combined fuel consumption is rated at 3.6 l/100 km (65.3 mpg US), while CO2 emissions are as low as 82 g/km. Furthermore, Lexus says its hybrid powertrain generates significantly less NOx and particulate emissions that an equivalent diesel engined vehicle.

Lexus has sold 42,000 CT 200h models in Europe since the nameplate launched in January 2011, with Europe making up around 25 percent of total global sales for this model.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/02/eur...s-ct-200h.html
Old 02-25-14, 10:49 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

It looks great ! They haven't exactly been flying off my stores lot, but we're still in tax season so that affects us a lot. I'd love to see the CT300h with the ES300h motor. 200hp and would probably get better gas mileage thanks to a bigger engine which isn't strained as much as the 1.8
Old 02-25-14, 08:51 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
It looks great ! They haven't exactly been flying off my stores lot, but we're still in tax season so that affects us a lot. I'd love to see the CT300h with the ES300h motor. 200hp and would probably get better gas mileage thanks to a bigger engine which isn't strained as much as the 1.8
Absolutely. This package is begging for something to make it shine. More power with little to no sacrifice in fuel economy would be the easiest way out.
Old 02-25-14, 11:20 PM
LexFather

The updates are well done. This car gets little to no credit for being the success it is.

Old 02-26-14, 12:06 AM
Hoovey689

Has there ever been a CT200h vs A3 TDI comparison?
Old 02-26-14, 04:26 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Has there ever been a CT200h vs A3 TDI comparison?
A3 Hatch stopped selling in the USA, or did you mean in europe? In Europe, germans automatically win, i am sure there were comparo's where CT200h was deemed not fit.
Old 02-26-14, 04:28 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Absolutely. This package is begging for something to make it shine. More power with little to no sacrifice in fuel economy would be the easiest way out.
I would rather see this new 2.0t in it. Hybrid for fuel economy and turbo for sportier model.
Old 02-26-14, 10:39 AM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by spwolf
A3 Hatch stopped selling in the USA, or did you mean in europe? In Europe, germans automatically win, i am sure there were comparo's where CT200h was deemed not fit.
I'm aware it stopped selling here. My question was that I never saw a comparison between the two when it was here nor other publications
Old 02-26-14, 02:26 PM
LexFather

I'm aware it stopped selling here. My question was that I never saw a comparison between the two when it was here nor other publications
Good point, I don't recall any either… Again notice how quiet it is that the CT is succeeding where others have failed for years. Selling a luxury hatch in America was unthinkable. Audi gave up, the new A3 is sedan only here.

Quick Reply: Lexus To Launch Updated CT 200h Next Year, Eventually Offer More Variants: Report