Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-13, 11:12 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by newr
Very smart. Yes, I WILL SURELY find you under the SUV.

This type of mentality will get you hurt.. nobody else.

Let's see... regarless of who is at fault... a motor bike vs a SUV....
agreed, getting rear ended is no laughing matter. long story short, i got rear ended by a big 4x4, and only now am i feeling better after lots of physiotherapy and massage therapy. to deliberately brake check a suv on a motorcycle, that's a death wish imho.
Old 10-04-13, 11:15 AM
blklegend
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Did the bikers in Brazil, smash his windows, slash his tires?

Originally Posted by ST430
Curious, would you all say that this driver who ran over several bicyclist is also innocent (although he is facing multiple felony charges)? Again, I'm NOT taking sides with the bikers, just astonished at the reactions so far....these are very similar incidents.....

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/03/wo...azil.html?_r=0

Mad driver runs over dozens of cyclists during critical mass in Brazil - YouTube

Here's the interview with him as well:

http://www.theurbancountry.com/2011/...interview.html
Old 10-04-13, 11:16 AM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Your argument is actually getting weaker.I thought that wasn't possible.
The brake check was done so the SUV would hit him.
A brake check is just to do that.........brake check who ever is behind YOU!
It is not meant for you to be hit by it, no one in their right mind and on a bike is gonna just brake check you just to get hit, that is the most retarded thing to ever say or do.

It is meant for you to slow down which the suv had more than enough time to do so.

So you think he brake checked the suv just because he wanted to get hit and loose a leg and his 10k bike like he did??? Yeah sure.....

The suv driver must have done something way before this for the bikers to brake check him and surround him.

I dont get this "saint driver" you guys picture of him??? Why because he drives a RR, and is clean cut ??

And NO, I am not comparing this to the OJ incident, I am just saying we all thought OJ was guilty same as the bikers here......you may all be in for a good surprise when this goes to court!
Old 10-04-13, 11:16 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 5gears-IS
Biker breaking the law does not constitutes getting hit on purpose by the suv and then fleeing the scene after taking down a few more riders sounds illegal to me.
I'm sorry, you actually think the driver of the RR hit the guy on the motorcycle on purpose? Again, what video were *YOU* watching?
Old 10-04-13, 11:21 AM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A brake check is just to do that.........brake check who ever is behind YOU!
It is not meant for you to be hit by it, no one in their right mind and on a bike is gonna just brake check you just to get hit, that is the most retarded thing to ever say or do.

It is meant for you to slow down which the suv had more than enough time to do so.

So you think he brake checked the suv just because he wanted to get hit and loose a leg and his 10k bike like he did??? Yeah sure.....

The suv driver must have done something way before this for the bikers to brake check him and surround him.

I dont get this "saint driver" you guys picture of him??? Why because he drives a RR, and is clean cut ??

And NO, I am not comparing this to the OJ incident, I am just saying we all thought OJ was guilty same as the bikers here......you may all be in for a good surprise when this goes to court!
You make no sense ! YOu say " no one in their right mind and on a bike is gonna just brake check you just to get hit," but then the RR driver was crazy enough to want to get hit . Don;t you think he would avoid that if he could?!
Do you also think that even after he did hit accidentally the motorcycle it was NORMAL and COMMON SENSE for the bikers to hit his car cut the tires and smash his mirrors?
Old 10-04-13, 11:24 AM
blklegend
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

http://nypost.com/2013/10/03/cops-fi...r-after-chase/

Another guy arrested, looks like the guy that they let go squealed on the rest of them.
Old 10-04-13, 11:29 AM
don
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wish I would have the courage to do what Lien did if I was in that situation. Who knows if my IS could even go through a crowd like that.

It's unfortunate that people got hurt. But I don't want to say they "deserved" what happened but I'm I see no fault on Lien.

And what's with the mentality/ego to must brake check someone? If you see someone coming fast behind you from a distance, move to the next lane and let him pass. Stop trying to own the lane.
Old 10-04-13, 11:46 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by don
I wish I would have the courage to do what Lien did if I was in that situation. Who knows if my IS could even go through a crowd like that.

It's unfortunate that people got hurt. But I don't want to say they "deserved" what happened but I'm I see no fault on Lien.

And what's with the mentality/ego to must brake check someone? If you see someone coming fast behind you from a distance, move to the next lane and let him pass. Stop trying to own the lane.
correct me if i'm wrong, but the suv was in the middle lane of a 3 lane highway. the bikers passed the suv from the left and the right, i don't see the suv as trying to own the lane???
Old 10-04-13, 11:46 AM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Default .............

Originally Posted by IS350jet
I'm sorry, you actually think the driver of the RR hit the guy on the motorcycle on purpose? Again, what video were *YOU* watching?
Same video as you and the whole world.

Biker was side to side with the suv looks like he is going off on the driver, he then changed lanes in front of the suv with enough distance between him and the suv, rider brake checks to slow down the suv, driver refuses to slow down and clips the bike. Look at it without judging the rider and for what truly happened.
Old 10-04-13, 11:49 AM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Biker was side to side with the suv looks like he is going off on the driver, he then changed lanes in front of the suv with enough distance between him and the suv, rider brake checks to slow down the suv, driver refuses to slow down and clips the bike. Look at it without judging the rider and for what truly happened.
Are you DriftGirl?
Old 10-04-13, 11:50 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Actually, no that is not what I see. I see the biker looking back and braking ... he KEEPS BRAKING till he makes contact with the RR. He should have kept driving.

I can't believe you are defending the act of brake checking... Illegal and stupid Anyone who brake checks should get their license revoked. I cannot support that kind of immature behavior.
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Default .............

Originally Posted by keyframe13
You make no sense ! YOu say " no one in their right mind and on a bike is gonna just brake check you just to get hit," but then the RR driver was crazy enough to want to get hit . Don;t you think he would avoid that if he could?!
Do you also think that even after he did hit accidentally the motorcycle it was NORMAL and COMMON SENSE for the bikers to hit his car cut the tires and smash his mirrors?
Show me where you see on the video that they "cut the tires" I sure don't see that evidence.
Also, the suv drove 4 miles with slashed tires ?? Hahaha that must be a joke. If anything look at the end of the video I see 4 good tires holding air.

Believe nothing of what they say and only half of what you see!!
don
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormforge
correct me if i'm wrong, but the suv was in the middle lane of a 3 lane highway. the bikers passed the suv from the left and the right, i don't see the suv as trying to own the lane???
No, I do agree with you with what happened. I was speaking in general why anyone "needs" to brake check anyone.
Old 10-04-13, 11:53 AM
baddis es
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Show me where you see on the video that they "cut the tires" I sure don't see that evidence.
Also, the suv drove 4 miles with slashed tires ?? Hahaha that must be a joke. If anything look at the end of the video I see 4 good tires holding air.

Believe nothing of what they say and only half of what you see!!
look at the pictures when they pulled Lien out the vehicle and beat him, not the video...front passenger tire isnt even on the rim. RR rolled on bare rim at that point.

Last edited by baddis es; 10-04-13 at 12:01 PM.
Old 10-04-13, 11:56 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

the bikers were clearly faster than the suv, as the bikers approached the suv from behind. so the bikers are now side by side with the suv and even in front of the suv. why even brake check the suv? doesn't make sense. the bikers should have just sped off, they had the entire left and right lanes to pass, and could have left the suv behind eating dust so to speak. by brake checking, the biker was deliberately screwing around with the RR driver. why even risk getting hit by a 6,000 lb suv? just speed up and out run the suv. all the bikers were going faster than the speed limit, they had no reason not to continue doing so unless they found a target to play with.

Quick Reply: NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV