Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-13, 06:54 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

30 people with mob mentality, motorcycle helmet, tires were slashed somehow, motorcycles, and a Range Rover Sport. No weapons involved? You can still be seriously injured or killed bare handed. That one guy in the subway got punched ONCE and hit his head when he fell down. He went into a coma and died a few days later. Dont make the mistake of underestimating how badly you could be injured without weapons. Everybody has weapons - fists and feet and theres 30 sets of them here.

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 10-01-13 at 07:15 AM.
Old 10-01-13, 08:33 AM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ True, but with weapons is fatal almost 99 percent, not without. Plus without a gun people tent to be less agressive. Look at the travon martin case. If zimmerman didn;t have a gun they'll beat eachother but they'll be fine today. I don;t think zimmerman would have the guts to get out of the car without a gun. Example are multiple.
Old 10-01-13, 08:44 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

"New York City police officers fire their weapons far less often than they did a decade ago, a statistic that has dropped along with the crime rate. But when they do fire, even at an armed suspect, there is often no one returning fire at the officers. Officers hit their targets roughly 34 percent of the time."

"In 2005, officers fired 472 times in the same circumstances, hitting their mark 82 times, for a 17.4 percent hit rate. They shot and killed nine people that year"

I'll provide links below but my point is that there are people who want to arm teachers, librarians and Moms. If trained warriors like the NY Police can't hit targets most of the time -- how can we expect ordinary citizens to do any better under duress?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/08/ny...pagewanted=all
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/09/we...pagewanted=all
Old 10-01-13, 08:50 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Biker paralyzed and in a coma.One arrest so far.
The beat up driver of the Range Rover won't be charged.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/01...or-dead-after/

“My son just got out of surgery. Now we have to contend with his situation that he will never walk again,” the injured man’s father, Rev. Edwin Mieses posted on Facebook, The Daily News reported.

“This man needs to know he hurt someone,” Edwin Mieses' wife Dayana Mieses told Boston.CBSLocal.com. “That man paralyzed my husband. He needs to pay for what he did.”

Dayana Mieses told the station that her husband has injuries to his heart, lungs and ribs and that he is paralyzed from the waist down.

Last edited by Joeb427; 10-01-13 at 09:07 AM.
Old 10-01-13, 09:10 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Biker paralyzed and in a coma.One arrest so far.
The beat up driver of the Range Rover won't be charged.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/01...or-dead-after/

“My son just got out of surgery. Now we have to contend with his situation that he will never walk again,” the injured man’s father, Rev. Edwin Mieses posted on Facebook, The Daily News reported.

“This man needs to know he hurt someone,” Edwin Mieses' wife Dayana Mieses told Boston.CBSLocal.com. “That man paralyzed my husband. He needs to pay for what he did.”

Dayana Mieses told the station that her husband has injuries to his heart, lungs and ribs and that he is paralyzed from the waist down.

that's not the father and wife of the driver. its one of the motorcycle that was hit
Old 10-01-13, 09:14 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

^

Serves that retard right.
Old 10-01-13, 09:25 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Glashub
I'll provide links below but my point is that there are people who want to arm teachers, librarians and Moms. If trained warriors like the NY Police can't hit targets most of the time -- how can we expect ordinary citizens to do any better under duress?
ordinary citizens have a far greater opportunity to train themselves than the police. Police probably "qualify" twice a year. Show me a story of CHLers missing and hurting people. Other than that police have to train on their own dime. Police aren't meant trained warriors, that's what the military is for. You think way too highly of police skills.

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 10-01-13 at 09:29 AM.
Old 10-01-13, 09:30 AM
po1qw
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justi...11664345601619

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3cd_1380579664 (some videos of these clowns)

A Facebook page that was set up demanding justice for biker who got run over, It crazy because 80% of the comment on that page are negative showing no support what so ever.

This is what happens when you brake check a guy with his family in the car You set up the situation now you deal with the consequences. Sorry but you dug that hole for yourself
After watching numerous videos I can help but feel no sympathy toward any of the bikers, these clowns ride their BIKES and ATV vehicles on pedestrian sidewalk with no ****** given for any safety.
Old 10-01-13, 09:50 AM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Im glad the majority of people on CL and FB realize the LR handled the situation fairly.

Even if the bikers did not approach the LR, its still wrong to surround a family with 30 people. Would you be fine with 30 bikers surrounding you all at once, even if they haven't punched you yet? To sit there an wait to see if they attack you is dumb, i would have taken the initiative to get out of there

If there's a guy walking around with a bazooka but hasn't fired anything, doesn't mean i wouldn't want to take him down
Old 10-01-13, 09:50 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Although the actions of one biker in front of the RR right around the 0.25-second-mark are unclear, from what I could tell in the video, those bikers, despite being all around the RR, gave no indication that they were going to hurt the driver or his family in any way....the driver probably panicked for nothing.

Simply having bikers riding next to your car is not necessarily a danger sign. I remember once, just outside of Pittsburgh on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, a group of what appeared to be gang-bikers rode up and around my car (my girl friend was in the front seat with me). I kept my cool, didn't panic, and turned off at the next exit for a restaurant. The bikers followed us, parked right next to me, walked up right past me and my girl friend, didn't even look at us or say a word, and went into the same restaurant to eat.

Last edited by mmarshall; 10-01-13 at 09:57 AM.
Old 10-01-13, 09:53 AM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall

Simply having bikers riding next to your car is not necessarily a danger sign.
While i agree with this statement, the bikers were not simply riding next to the car. They surrounded the car.
Old 10-01-13, 09:56 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

From wat i could tell in teh video, those bikers, despite being all around the RR, gave no indication that they were going to hurt the driver or his family in any way....the driver probably panicked for nothing.

Simply having bikers riding next to your car is not necessarily a danger sign. I remember once, just outside of Pittsburgh on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, a group of what appeared to be gang-bikers rode up and around my car (my girl friend was in the front seat with me). I kept my cool, didn't panic, and turned off at the next exit for a restaurant. The bikers followed us, parked right next to me, walked up right past me and my girl friend, didn't even look at us or say a word, and went into the same restaurant to eat.
A biker got in front of the driver and forced the driver to stop his vehicle in a lane on a highway.Others approached the vehicle.The driver had his wife and a 5 month old in the vehicle and panicked.
He took off and ran over a biker.No charges were files against him.
Old 10-01-13, 09:57 AM
Killer_IS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RR driver did the right thing. protecting your family is first and foremost. These bastards got what they deserved.
Old 10-01-13, 10:01 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
A biker got in front of the driver and forced the driver to stop his vehicle in a lane on a highway.
If you are referring to what happened right around the 0.25 second-mark, the actions of that biker seem a little unclear.

He took off and ran over a biker.No charges were files against him.
He didn't necessarily have to floor it....or actually run over someone. Only an idiot would stand in the RR's way if they saw him actually start to move......they would have probably gotten out of his way.

However, I agree that, given this specific incident, it would probably have been difficult for the police to file charges either way, even though there were a lot more witnesses on one side than on the other.
Old 10-01-13, 10:05 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

If you are referring to what happened right around the 0.25 second-mark, the actions of that biker seem a little unclear.

He didn't necessarily have to floor it....or actually run over someone. Only an idiot would stand in the RR's way if they saw him actually start to move......they would have probably gotten out of his way.
Mike,the action was intimidating and got worse when other bikers approached.The guy panicked and I can actually see why.
I believe you're a single guy.Your thought process might be different if that was you and you had your family in that vehicle.Yes,you might feel differently.

I can't understand why the police never came on the scene with the 911 call.It went on for awhile.

BTW,I believe the guy on the bike that stopped the driver in the Range Rover was arrested and charged with multiple offenses.

Last edited by Joeb427; 10-01-13 at 10:12 AM.

Quick Reply: NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV