Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Maserati Quattroporte Ermenegildo Zegna

Old 09-04-13, 07:56 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Maserati Quattroporte Ermenegildo Zegna

Maserati Quattroporte Ermenegildo Zegna Limited Edition Concept Car to Debut at Frankfurt Auto Show

The Maserati Quattroporte Ermenegildo Zegna Limited Edition concept car to be unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor Show features a unique new look in colour scheme, materials and finish. The car, presented as a limited edition concept, is intended for development into a production version in 2014 and will maintain the same personality and quality of the current Quattroporte range.

Ermenegildo Zegna's concept for the Maserati Quattroporte limited edition is the result of a close collaboration between two companies that are linked by history, tradition and exclusivity.

The exterior of the Maserati Quattroporte Ermenegildo Zegna Limited Edition concept car features a special effect paint finish that simulates the fluidity and purity of metal, by using ultra-fine aluminium pigments. A gloss black primer amplifies the brilliance of the aluminium pigments and creates a sensation of depth. The platinum metal colour effect finish is warmly nuanced to express the car's classic and sophisticated yet technically advanced character.

The material and chromatic research behind the Maserati Quattroporte Ermenegildo Zegna Limited Edition is based on a play between the classical and the contemporary.

A leading role in the Maserati Quattroporte Ermenegildo Zegna Limited Edition concept car is played by its interior. Classical warm hues like moka and greige are re-interpreted in a modern key to emulate Zegna's latest men's fashion collections, conveying a formal, sophisticated character. Interior components such as seats, door panels and roof lining are finished in genuine soft leather, in addition to a velvet-smooth, bright fabric that, due to Zegna's vast experience and know-how, guarantees the level of performance needed for automotive applications.
*source
http://releases.jalopnik.com/maserat...ion-1250875310
Old 09-04-13, 11:15 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

They better just call this one the "EZ" edition. That name is way too funky
Old 09-04-13, 12:10 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
They better just call this one the "EZ" edition. That name is way too funky
I believe it is for the high end buyer who actually know what Ermenegildo Zegna is, not for people who have never heard of the brand before. It is arguably the worlds best men's suiting brand.

People respect Zegna and it will help Maserati sell their new cars.
Old 09-04-13, 12:52 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by G Star
I believe it is for the high end buyer who actually know what Ermenegildo Zegna is, not for people who have never heard of the brand before. It is arguably the worlds best men's suiting brand.

People respect Zegna and it will help Maserati sell their new cars.
Thanks for the lesson buddy. I had no clue. In the end I wear scrubs to work so I know ZERO about mens suits. Like working in you pajamas all day.

Last edited by I8ABMR; 09-04-13 at 02:28 PM.
Old 09-04-13, 01:44 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I have Ermenegildo Zegna glasses. I like their menswear but I'm not one to buy a wool suit.
Old 09-04-13, 02:29 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I have been in the optical industry for 15 years and have never even heard the name. Probably more of a boutique producer. I am used to the Fendi, Gucci, Prada, Versace, BCBG, etc. I bet Luxotica doesnt own them. If they did they would be everywhere
Old 09-04-13, 05:48 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

there's some Italian flair. classy touch
Old 09-04-13, 11:53 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still ugly.
Old 09-08-13, 12:03 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

I am always wondering what car folks are interested besides cars.

I kind of thought fashion would be something folks also had some interest in.

Based on this thread, it looks like not so much.

To follow G Star's post, Zegna is a top (if you are into Kiton, then near top) fully integrated design house. I have owned their suits and shirts and have custom (from other vendors) shirts, sport coats and suits made with their fabrics. All great stuff.

Their eyeglasses are made under license by DeRigo

http://www.derigovision.com/eng/

OK, back to the car. We are certainly seeing and will see designer versions of cars and I do believe the Zegna brand aligns nicely with the Maserati customer.

I just saw something today where Infiniti has 2 designer versions of the Q50 and their will be some donations to charity related to sale of those cars.
Old 09-08-13, 04:38 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Zegna is very conservative and crisp.

If Ferrari is about flair like Versace, then Maserati does pair better with Zegna. It's more about attention to details and the quality of craftmanship, rather than dramatic and bold excess.

I love their suits. But honestly, Zegna has always been too conservative for me. Guys that have seen me dress would understand...