NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Official Lexus NX thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-13, 06:36 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
It's true we've had a lot of interest in the refreshed GX. The Spindle is fooling a lot of people thinking it's a new car
you can fool some of the people all of the time.
Old 11-19-13, 12:46 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Maybe it's just me, but the 1GX was a better looking truck in every way. To this day, it still looks better than the 2GX, even with the refresh (IMO).
I agree to an extent. The 1GX is a very balanced design. For me the 2GX has some goofy styling cues and poor proportions. My biggest issue with the 2GX is just how tall it looks. The refresh has improved things to an extent, but it still looks taller than it really is, and the body looks way out of proportion in comparison to the tires. It's just a really bad look overall, and 1GX styling doesn't have that problem.
Old 11-19-13, 07:33 AM
asoksevil
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
i'd be very surprised if lexus axed the gx. infiniti also has a 4 ute line-up (ex, fx, jx, qx) - slightly different positioning, but i think lexus will adapt. what i'd expect is rx stays same size, but gx gets a bit 'softer' and a better 3 row vehicle. the lx will get bigger.

it's already 7 seater.

Sorry, I should have said going unibody...

Although the GX performs very well at off-road capabilities, Lexus already have the LX and would be kind of confusing, if it wasn't because of the price tag.

Do really people use GX off-road capabilities? Wouldn't it better to have two SUV unibody based on sedan's platform like the RX and market the LX as the only off-road car?
Old 11-19-13, 10:23 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was thinking this morning...I wonder if TX will be the sub-NX CUV...TX <---> CT ? Maybe "T" will designate the smallest Lexus models?

Lexus has a lot of equity and recognition in the GX name, and I have a hard time seeing it disappear to make way for something that, to consumers, will essentially be the same vehicle - a three row, midsizer, regardless of whether or not it stays BOF or goes unibody.
Old 11-19-13, 01:21 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
i am not so sure that RX will grow much, they wont want to mess with the formula... maybe they will have special 7 seat version thats longer?
A 3 row RX would essentially taking the market the R class left behind when MB killed it.
Old 11-19-13, 01:54 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by G Star
A 3 row RX would essentially taking the market the R class left behind when MB killed it.
albeit with a slightly more CUV-esque than MPV-esque form
Old 11-19-13, 07:01 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexus LF-NX Turbo Concept Previews Brand’s Boosted Future

Lexus has just unveiled its LF-NX Turbo concept at the 2013 Tokyo Motor Show, previewing the automaker’s first turbocharged engine.

Sporting a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder under the hood, the aggressively-styled LF-NX Turbo is a follow up to the brand’s LF-NX HV that debuted at the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show earlier this year. The turbocharged powerplant also sports an advanced high tumble port, fan spray fuel injection, D-4S and VVT-iw combustion technologies. And just like how Lexus didn’t bother announcing fuel numbers on its LF-NX HV, the automaker also declined to release official specs on the turbocharged powerplant.

In terms of design, the LF-NX Turbo is similar to the LF-NX HV from Frankfurt, boasting a perhaps “too wild” of a design. The front of the concept is dominated by a strong interpretation of the Lexus spindle grille, in case you couldn’t notice it. The front lighting features a trio of diamond-shaped LED headlights with independent Daytime Running Lights. The LF-NX Turbo rolls on a staggered set of 20-inch wheels, giving it a wide and confident stance.

Inside, the Japanese automaker outfitted the concept with a driver-focused cockpit while introducing a new Remote Touch Interface (RTI) with touch tracer display and touch pad control.

The LF-NX is expected to go into production shortly as the NX, slotting into the brand’s lineup just below the popular RX model.
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...ed-future.html
Old 11-20-13, 03:26 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 108 Likes on 79 Posts

so turbo with D4S and VVTi, I think thats the first in the world? I think i heard about Audi doing it in the future but I dont think they did it yet. They added everything from the list, it is twin-scroll turbocharger that can rev up high apparently.
Old 11-20-13, 03:50 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Old 11-20-13, 03:51 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Live Photos From Toyko

Old 11-20-13, 06:16 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

lol so if they didn't do anything to the exterior since the reveal, they why bring it up again? They didn't give engine specs last time nor this time. I was hoping for some production refinements
Old 11-20-13, 07:11 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 108 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
lol so if they didn't do anything to the exterior since the reveal, they why bring it up again? They didn't give engine specs last time nor this time. I was hoping for some production refinements
they did change it (front and back bumper), released turbo info and interior adjusted with remote touchpad.

Real car is probably going to be revealed in Europe as it is made for Europe most likely.
Old 11-20-13, 08:48 PM
Coupe2015
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The point of this styling exercise is lost on me. I would be interested in a small SUV for the wife in a couple years, but this is fugly
Old 11-20-13, 09:29 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by Coupe2015
The point of this styling exercise is lost on me. I would be interested in a small SUV for the wife in a couple years, but this is fugly
thank you.

this is something a klingon would enjoy.

but i'm sure the production vehicle won't look anything like this.
Old 11-20-13, 10:44 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

original NX also had the touch pad
(posted Sept 13)

Quick Reply: Official Lexus NX thread