Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lamborghini confirms Veneno Roadster is coming !!!!

Old 08-19-13, 12:59 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts
Thumbs up Lamborghini confirms Veneno Roadster is coming !!!!

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/19/l...neno-roadster/

As it turns out, there might just be more than three lucky souls on the planet who will be able to claim ownership of a Lamborghini Veneno. While Lamborghini still plans to make triplets out of the winged and vented hypercar, we hear that there is a Veneno Roadster in the works.

Early yesterday, our own Matt Davis caught wind of an open-top Veneno, but Car and Driver has some more details about the car. The article says that a total of nine Veneno Roadsters could be built with each carrying a price tag of around $4.4 million US. If you're keeping track at home, that's a premium of a cool half-million bucks to get the Veneno to go topless, and with all three of the coupes already accounted for, we're sure Lamborghini won't have a hard time unloading the Roadsters.

There is no additional information about the Lamborghini Veneno Roadster, but if we had to guess, we'd figure it will likely use some lightweight removable roof panels like the Aventador Roadster.
Old 08-19-13, 05:26 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

So probably another three lucky souls. 6 total
Old 08-20-13, 12:25 AM
Stormwind
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not suprised about them giving in to greed. Up next will be the Balboni edition along with some extra mark ups.
Old 10-18-13, 09:14 PM
Harbinger
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When Lamborghini brought us the Veneno earlier this year in Geneva, the four-of-a-kind, multi-million dollar alien creation was pre-purchased by three well-heeled buyers, with the fourth calling Lamborghini's museum its home. The gaudy supercar was formed in celebration of the mad Italian automaker's 50th birthday. And that, we presumed, would be the end of the story.

But as these leaked photographs show, a topless Veneno is preparing for its inauguration, and according to Top Gear, it will be priced at a staggering $5.3 million.

With nine being built, the Veneno Roadster will still be rare, but you get the impression the level of demand for the Veneno has been stronger than originally expected, leading Lamborghini to consider the roadster version. And with 740 hp unleashed from its 6.5-liter V-12, and a 0-62 mph time of 2.9 seconds, meshed with a top speed of 220 mph, it's hardly surprising that the richest of the rich are clamoring for this ostentatious look-at-me-and-I'll-kill-you machine.

What makes the all-wheel drive Veneno so expensive, notwithstanding its uniqueness, is its abundant use of carbon fiber, including in much of the interior, keeping the weight of the sizable supercar down to a sensible 3,285 lbs. But if our Top Gear friends are correct, quite how the Roadster warrants such a price hike over its $4 million roofed brother is beyond me. Convertibles usually cost more, but the Veneno Roadster is no convertible. In fact, it has no roof whatsoever; if it rains, your only option is to depress the gas harder and outrun the droplets (shouldn't be too difficult). And the open-air sound of the screaming V-12 would surely be worth that minor inconvenience.
http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...154122865.html

Old 10-18-13, 10:20 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Building 9?! Didn't they only do 3 Coupes?
Old 10-18-13, 11:04 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

The more I look at the videos of this thing on you tube the less I like it. I respect the rarity, exclusivity, special aero work and the minor tweaks but it looks totally overdone and kind of silly. More of a striking car than a nice looking car