Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: Is this the GS F?
Yes
66.67%
No
33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Lexus GS F sightings (updated pg 20)

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-14, 11:47 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by J.P.
People spending that kind of money often don't care what the car does after 50k miles,
Absolutely, those people never heard of the brand Lexus............they think is like Hyundai, some low rent Asian knock off brand.

Originally Posted by J.P.
if you're so worried about price sit tight and buy a used GS-F in 5-6 years since you do not mind waiting
That's exactly what I am doing, I am dirt poor Actually I am waiting for the twin turbo LS-F, man I hope my life will last that long..........lol

I am talking about reality for working class here, if you want to talk about fantasy cars few people can afford, the LFA is not hot enough, they need to make a million dollar 1000 hp Hybrid LFA II to compete with the LaFerrari/P1/918

Last edited by BNR34; 12-18-14 at 11:56 AM.
Old 12-18-14, 12:16 PM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just like how an RC-F competes with an M4 and RS5, a GS-F will logically be a competitor to M5, E63, Jag XF-R

You don't make a GS-F to compete with just the Audi S6. If Lexus made a GS500 F-Sport, then I could understand.

There are only two options here:
1) Either Lexus makes sure that their GS-F can make 500 HP MINIMUM
or
2) If they can't do that, then better to just call it a GS 500 F-Sport

IMHO though, if Lexus is having a hard time achieving 500 HP using an NA setup, then I wouldn't have minded if they used Supercharger setup (since Toyota group has experience with supercharging on TRD, Modellista, Gazoo and other initiatives like the LX 570 Supercharger).

With that said:
I'm glad that Lexus is finally releasing a V8 engine for the 4GS (since the 3GS had a V8 for the longest time since GS430 and GS460). But if you're setting your sights on the likes of the M5 and XFR, then it should be at least 500 HP.

Peace
Old 12-18-14, 12:36 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by BNR34
This $85k 500 hp GS-F is exactly a well priced GS500 F-Sport, why are you stuck on the badge? You can peel it off anytime you want, there are no hole.

Would you rather Lexus don't make this GS-F at all, you prefer to swap in a V8 yourself?

If you want to spend more for more, $115k E63 and M5 is available next door
I am more concerned about building up the F brand properly , I am not personally stuck on the badge , otherwise I would not have 2 Lexus now .
Actually I am more interested in regular S550 coupe or LC500 the next couple years
Old 12-18-14, 12:48 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackraven
Just like how an RC-F competes with an M4 and RS5, a GS-F will logically be a competitor to M5, E63, Jag XF-R

You don't make a GS-F to compete with just the Audi S6. If Lexus made a GS500 F-Sport, then I could understand.
Exactly , does not matter what Lexus says what they do not intend to compete with , the magazines , the Internet and some car shoppers will compare them to the M and AMG if they call it F cars.
I always take official comments from Lexus and other companies' about their products as self serving, with a grain of salt.
Old 12-18-14, 02:08 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

F is Lexus's highest performance line. Because of the IS F which lined up nicely against the E90 M3, RS4 most simply associate that F of all models does the same. RC F also lines up perfectly against M4, RS5. Now we have the GS F and some are crying fowl because it does not perfectly fit against the M5, E63, CTS-V. Anybody can make a car fast, but guaranteed the GS F will drive with substance where others marques have reverted to tricks that in the quest for dominant numbers has numbed the vehicles. For what it's worth they are better than ever and major improvements over their more plebeian trims and old generations. Give it some time and see what an LC F, LS F, RX F, SC F could add to the mix and F (and rumored F-S) will fall better in place. More power is coming via future powertrains which you'll see more FI and hybrid set-ups in the future, but for now Lexus is committed to NA as long as they can push the envelope between power and efficiency and for the linear feel.

GS F with a TVD would prove to be a hoot

I think so too.

Lexus is just starting with this NA 5.0L 500 hp for now, a hell of a 1st generation if you ask me.

They are developing the TT V8 like the rumor suggested, so people, buy this 1st gen GS-F and the Twin Turbo 600 hp next gen will come
Sure is

Last edited by Hoovey689; 12-18-14 at 02:12 PM.
Old 12-18-14, 03:02 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Photoshop: Experimenting with the Lexus Teaser Image

One of the funnest things about automotive teasers is trying to pull something unexpected from the image, and that’s what reader Michael Pannone did with the Lexus photo from yesterday (click for a larger image):

Flipping the original image and photoshopping a mesh grille from the RC F to fill in the gaps, Michael was able to create a reasonable representation of what Lexus might reveal at the Detroit Auto Show in January.

http://lexusenthusiast.com/2014/12/1...-teaser-image/
Old 12-18-14, 04:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

a lot of posts in this thread are laughable. to say that the F is not against amg and m is just a pure joke, that's nothing but sandbagging. the s6 is a damn good car though, no doubt, but so that becomes the excuse for gsf?

i have no problem for a v8 gs, i am happy for it. but if 480hp with a gsf name to it? doesn't make sense. but others can think otherwise.
Old 12-18-14, 04:05 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

why the heck did they cut the drls into the middle of the headlight???
that just destroys the look.

they couldn't put it closer to the grille?

looks like LED bifocals the way they have it.

Attached Thumbnails Lexus GS F sightings (updated pg 20)-14-12-18-lexus-gs-f-photochop.jpg  

Last edited by pman6; 12-18-14 at 04:11 PM.
Old 12-18-14, 04:10 PM
Mr Bond
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
You're putting your own definitions of what you think an "F" car should be onto them. Nobody from Lexus is saying that these cars are designed to compete with BMW's M and Mercedes AMG...the only people who are saying that are people on forums. In fact they have repeatedly said that they don't have a benchmark in sight when designing these cars.
Of course they are. Why on earth would they otherwise even mention that "RC-F beats M4 and RS5 on a closed track" in the brochure/commercial or what ever we call it ? Has BMW M or Audi RS ever mentioned a Lexus in that way ?

Lexus marketing and statements about the F brand makes no sense at all. The first day they stand alone as an exclusive option and the next day they compare themselves directly to the m4 on a track ? And RC-F test drive events with the M4 as a guest ?

I know this has nothing to do with the GS-F marketing , but come on !
Old 12-18-14, 04:25 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Those DRLS are awful... Especially since they are halfway to the grill. That's a shame. The GS is the best car in the lineup in my opinion. I just hate that look.
Wheels on the other hand and everything else look great
Old 12-18-14, 04:40 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
a lot of posts in this thread are laughable. to say that the F is not against amg and m is just a pure joke, that's nothing but sandbagging. the s6 is a damn good car though, no doubt, but so that becomes the excuse for gsf?

i have no problem for a v8 gs, i am happy for it. but if 480hp with a gsf name to it? doesn't make sense. but others can think otherwise.
I think this is a case of the proper engine (Twin Turbo V8) is not ready yet, but the chassis is, so they release the car with the currently available engine (NA V8). They will introduce the engine when it is ready, either at the mid cycle facelift or the next generation.

This happens all the time in the auto industries with all kinds of things, engine, tranny, interior, NAV screen.........etc.
Old 12-18-14, 05:20 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love the render; can't wait to see it fully unveiled.
Old 12-18-14, 06:23 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

I think this is a case of the proper engine (Twin Turbo V8) is not ready yet, but the chassis is, so they release the car with the currently available engine (NA V8). They will introduce the engine when it is ready, either at the mid cycle facelift or the next generation.

This happens all the time in the auto industries with all kinds of things, engine, tranny, interior, NAV screen.........etc.
or they simply want to do NA V8 in a sports sedan and not FI... shocking from company that races NA V8's in LMP and wins vs Audi's and Porsche's turbo vehicles, right?
Old 12-18-14, 06:35 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,802 Posts

As to power...guys we don't even know what the power output is. Until we do, this argument is just stupid.

As for the DRLs, this render is MUCH better IMHO, kudos pman:

Old 12-18-14, 06:47 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Much agreed. Looks way more integrated

Quick Reply: Lexus GS F sightings (updated pg 20)