Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: Is this the GS F?
Yes
66.67%
No
33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Lexus GS F sightings (updated pg 20)

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-14, 07:57 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
We have CAR enthusiasts here, not just one brand enthusiasts, and people, many moderators included, have moved on to own other brands as well . Many members here and some moderators have own multiple brands all the time in fact. I have also owned other brands as well.
I too am a CAR enthusiast, and not a one brand enthusiast I have also owned other brands which I have enjoyed and do enjoy. I'm certainly not afraid to call Lexus out when I think they aren't living up to what they can achieve. I've done so about interior quality in some models, I've done it about carryover powertrains, I've done it about packaging and being afraid to offer highly optioned cars. But I am also a Lexus enthusiast. You can't loose sight of the fact that this is a Lexus enthusiast forum, sometimes I feel like people get dumped on for being enthusiastic about Lexus or labeled as "fan boys" and thats not fair. Obviously Lexus isn't interested in participating in HP wars. Is that really what you want as a Lexus enthusiast? High HP figures for figures sake at the potential sacrifice of refinement and reliability? If thats the case...why did you ever become a customer or enthusiast of this brand as this is something they have NEVER even remotely indicated they were interested in competing on?

Funny, where did I ever said 4GS chassis is not better than 5 and E ??
You have, but you said it with a qualifier...twice. The first time you said it was because BMW dropped the ball with this generation 5, and the second time you said that it was, but only "for now". You're attributing their success to temporary failures from the competition and thats nit fair. How about just acknowledging that Lexus went from a car that wasn't even considered a competitor to a comparison winner in one generation? Thats a fact. Does it mean that they don't still have room to improve? No, and engines are an issue I agree, but it doesn't change the fact that they have accomplished a great deal here.

I don't think its unreasonable for us members to expect that on a Lexus forum people would be enthusiastic about Lexus and give them the benefit of the doubt...especially the moderators. Just saying. I have PMs from people responding positively to my post here so I know I'm not alone.

Last edited by SW17LS; 12-17-14 at 08:05 PM.
Old 12-17-14, 08:31 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS

You have, but you said it with a qualifier...twice. The first time you said it was because BMW dropped the ball with this generation 5, and the second time you said that it was, but only "for now". You're attributing their success to temporary failures from the competition and thats nit fair. How about just acknowledging that Lexus went from a car that wasn't even considered a competitor to a comparison winner in one generation? Thats a fact. Does it mean that they don't still have room to improve? No, and engines are an issue I agree, but it doesn't change the fact that they have accomplished a great deal here.

I don't think its unreasonable for us members to expect that on a Lexus forum people would be enthusiastic about Lexus and give them the benefit of the doubt...especially the moderators. Just saying. I have PMs from people responding positively to my post here so I know I'm not alone.
Curious why you quote that one sentence of mine and left out the related ones

Qualifiers are necessary as already explained and BMW did dropped the ball in that respect. , nothing wrong with stating the facts. That's not to say Lexus driving dynamics haven't improved big , I have specifically praised them on that in the other thread about ranking the luxury brands if you have not read it.
One choose to go softer , the other goes for more sportiness, this is generally acknowledged as well. Not saying Lexus won't be better even if BMW had not changed their direction slightly , bur that's a hypothetical question that nobody can give a definite answer , I think that's fair to say too. If you are happy driving the car with the best chassis in that segment available now, that's all that matter. We can't really predict with certainty what will happen for the next generation.

WE expect Lexus fans to get excited about new models , but for sure different people feel differently and there will be different opinions.
Moderators are always allowed to participate in discussion in threads of their choice, we discuss just like ordinary members, and will not moderate the discussion we are engaged in. Other non participating moderators in that thread will moderate.
Old 12-17-14, 08:42 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Some of these posts defending low HP for Lexus are hilarious.

Lets just admit Lexus is a generation behind on their powertrains, maybe even more.

BMW started the turbo craze with the e90/92 then Audi followed, now MB has gone turbo on all powertrains.

Lexus finally brought a 4cyl turbo which the Germans had for years.
6 and 8 cyl turbos are on the way but years behind competition.

Now u may ask why has Lexus been so far behind?
My thought is they invested heavily in Hybrids and made the wrong bet as they have been a huge letdown for Lexus as an optional powertrain. how many GSh, LSh do you see???

In few years Lexus will have v8 turbos with 600hp - wonder what some of the posters say then.
Old 12-17-14, 08:47 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The best car in Lexus lineup just became even better and most likely hands down the best car in the segment. Proper contemporary exterior was all it needed to be a home run. I couldn't care less about GS-F but I am anxious to see updates GS.

Do you realize that this is the most significant exterior facelift of any Lexus model ever produced not named LS?
Old 12-17-14, 08:54 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Lets just admit Lexus is a generation behind on their powertrains, maybe even more.
I would agree.

Now u may ask why has Lexus been so far behind?
My thought is they invested heavily in Hybrids and made the wrong bet as they have been a huge letdown for Lexus as an optional powertrain. how many GSh, LSh do you see???

In few years Lexus will have v8 turbos with 600hp - wonder what some of the posters say then.
I think investment in hybrids may be part of it, but I think a lot of it has to do with fear of turbo or supercharging making engines less reliable with high mileage and ruining their reputation for reliability. Toyota is a big company with a HUGE R&D budget and capability. If they really wanted to, they could easily have turbo V8s in the RC-F and the GS-F as long as its been in development, they could easily have a turbo 6 ready for the GS350 with significantly more power. The 2.0T could have easily been ready to be the base engine in the 3IS.

Will Lexus have V8 turbos with 600hp in the next few years? I don't know...

I can tell you that *I* would rather have a 480-500hp NA V8 to a turbo 6 or even a turbo 8 making far greater power.
Old 12-17-14, 09:12 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

For those who are questioning Lexus' power/performance choices, they have always stated that they want to provide the consumers an enjoyable driving experience.

Its not a "who has a better number" competition from Lexus, they've shown this ever since LFA and every F variation since then.
Old 12-17-14, 09:50 PM
Tilps
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my bet is LFA X engine V10 5.3 L
LExus test this engine over year for what ?
Old 12-17-14, 09:57 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

They're not going to put the LFA engine in the GS-F lol.

That engine alone costs more than a GS-F.
Old 12-17-14, 10:01 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

I pray Xmas bringeth a time machine that can take me forward to the live reveal !
Old 12-17-14, 10:26 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411

I pray Xmas bringeth a time machine that can take me forward to the live reveal !
Ngl that photo is really really sexy to me considering that the GS is my favorite car in Lexus' lineup.
Old 12-17-14, 10:30 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Another expressive front face, but one I think could have been more attractive. The shapes of the DRL's and headlights clash and don't line up. I'd perfect one slim and tapered headlight that carries the front. I look at these new generation of Lexi from the public's perspective and wonder how many people they are bringing vs. how many people they are alienating. I don't have the answer, but I'm personally yearning for something cleaner and simpler. For the enthusiast however here, I'm sure this will fit the bill.
On a sidenote, it's going to be interesting how they spice up the conservative greenhouse and taillights to match the exotic front.
Old 12-17-14, 10:35 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Greenhouse will remain the same, new tail lights I'm sure
Old 12-18-14, 01:07 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Some of these posts defending low HP for Lexus are hilarious.

new V8 is pretty darn great, it is definitely not generation behind anything...
Old 12-18-14, 03:58 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I like the updated headlights and DRLs. I hope that they are updated on the standard GS as well.
Old 12-18-14, 05:11 AM
gyrase321
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
I look at these new generation of Lexi from the public's perspective and wonder how many people they are bringing vs. how many people they are alienating.
You don't have to wonder. Just look at the sales figures of the new generation design compared to the old. Sales have exploded. The market has spoken.

Quick Reply: Lexus GS F sightings (updated pg 20)