Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: Is this the GS F?
Yes
66.67%
No
33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Lexus GS F sightings (updated pg 20)

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-14, 09:23 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
I'm hearing 485hp and that is good enough for us. While the hp wars are nice what is not nice is more weight, more detachment and awd becoming the Norm and not RWD.

Oddly enough the under 500hp GS-F should be the most engaging car in class.

Look no further than the 420hp S7 beating the 550hp M5 and E63 in a
Recent review.
I thought you meant RS7 ~ now that is an animal of a car! Local dealer here wanted $20k over for one, while the M5 and E63 are being discounted heavily. That also says something about the car in some ways in terms of supply/demand.

I think Lexus would have a unique car if they built the GS-F in their own way regardless just like what Audi did with the RS7. I would love to have a RS7 as my DD but at $120k+ it's a bit over the top and at that price point I would buy the Panamera GTS hands down.

I know the Pana GTS has not been brought up here but it's really the car to beat here. Neither the M5 nor the E63 can hold a candle to the GTS. The RS7 and GTS are the industry class leaders here with everyone else filing behind accordingly.
Old 05-18-14, 10:56 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I'm hearing 485hp and that is good enough for us. While the hp wars are nice what is not nice is more weight, more detachment and awd becoming the Norm and not RWD.

Oddly enough the under 500hp GS-F should be the most engaging car in class.

Look no further than the 420hp S7 beating the 550hp M5 and E63 in a
Recent review.
kind of like the LFA we are looking for balance but that 500 plus number just sounds so sweet. Im not holding my breath though. Id be happy with 485 hp, BUT it needs to beat the hell out of the competition. These F cars can not fail. They need to erase doubt form the get go. There will be so many people expecting it to fail or be sub par. They need to shut these thoughts down. Crush them with pure objective performance
Old 05-19-14, 07:43 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by s4play
I thought you meant RS7 ~ now that is an animal of a car! Local dealer here wanted $20k over for one, while the M5 and E63 are being discounted heavily. That also says something about the car in some ways in terms of supply/demand.

I think Lexus would have a unique car if they built the GS-F in their own way regardless just like what Audi did with the RS7. I would love to have a RS7 as my DD but at $120k+ it's a bit over the top and at that price point I would buy the Panamera GTS hands down.

I know the Pana GTS has not been brought up here but it's really the car to beat here. Neither the M5 nor the E63 can hold a candle to the GTS. The RS7 and GTS are the industry class leaders here with everyone else filing behind accordingly.
I believe it was C&D that did the compare with the S7. It was not a RS7. (edit it was a S6)

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...omparison-test

You bring in a very good point with the GTS and it is a N/A V-8 with 440hp. The Jaguar XF-R also has gotten great reviews but it also have over 500hp.

The IS F also didn't out power the C63 and people bought it. Lexus will never be about a peak HP rating nor most powerful in class probably again (this isn't 1997/1998 people). If the GS F offers a fantastic blend of handling/power with more aggressive looks at an attractive price point it will do well. There are loyal Lexus/Toyota customers that would purchase as well as a few from other non German luxury brands who would jump. Then you have a few that would jump from the Germans (not much but a few).

If the RC F only has a sales goal of 200-300 a month, the GS F likely would be lower than that and I think they can hit that target.

Lexus has to start adding multiple models to the F line as they have done with the F-sport line. Clearly it is a much more intensive process but they have to start adding model after model instead of adding one and subtracting one.

Old 05-19-14, 08:24 AM
OKSTANCE
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The IS F also didn't out power the C63 and people bought it. Lexus will never be about a peak HP rating nor most powerful in class probably again (this isn't 1997/1998 people). If the GS F offers a fantastic blend of handling/power with more aggressive looks at an attractive price point it will do well. There are loyal Lexus/Toyota customers that would purchase as well as a few from other non German luxury brands who would jump. Then you have a few that would jump from the Germans (not much but a few).
i agree with this exactly. people didnt simply buy the LFA because its peak HP to pricepoint
you could get the r8 at half the price but it obviously isnt the same.
lexus puts so much thought and passion into having a well balanced car and the GSF fits in there snugly.
Old 05-19-14, 03:49 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

As long as future F cars continue to have soul, they will epitomize the brand and elevate Lexus in a positive light. Everything else comes after
Old 05-19-14, 06:45 PM
xioix
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe it was C&D that did the compare with the S7. It was not a RS7. (edit it was a S6)

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...omparison-test

You bring in a very good point with the GTS and it is a N/A V-8 with 440hp. The Jaguar XF-R also has gotten great reviews but it also have over 500hp.

If the RC F only has a sales goal of 200-300 a month, the GS F likely would be lower than that and I think they can hit that target.

Lexus has to start adding multiple models to the F line as they have done with the F-sport line. Clearly it is a much more intensive process but they have to start adding model after model instead of adding one and subtracting one.
The IS-F didn't have the power like the C63, but it was more than the M3

The rumors of the GS-F being almost 50-100 less than the competition doesn't sound like something that will grab people's attention.
Old 05-19-14, 07:34 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by xioix
The IS-F didn't have the power like the C63, but it was more than the M3

The rumors of the GS-F being almost 50-100 less than the competition doesn't sound like something that will grab people's attention.
I think it will grab enthusiasts attention. Those interested in quoting peak h.p figures can continue to purchase those cars. The E63 S/ M5 with power pack etc all now have around 580hp. So even a 600hp GS wouldn't be that much of a jump. What would cause a stir, a 700hp GS F? Not happening.

Look I've said it a billion times, I completely understand the rational for having 500hp+ and it would make marketing/advertising easier more than anything. But egads, Lexus "F" line is in its infancy and much like the competition they will need time (DECADES) to grow. M/AMG did not have this power nor these wild variety of cars overnight. It took time. And money!

As a current GS F-sport over the chassis is begging for more power. 500hp is a great leap from 306..I would think 400+ would be SUBLIME in that car.

Old 05-19-14, 07:58 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I can say even with my ISF that 416HP feels like more than enough. I can imagine the heavier GSF doing pretty damn well with 475-485hp. The car will most likely be the lightest int he group.
Old 07-30-14, 11:43 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexus GS 450h F SPORT Coming to America

Starting with the 2015 model year, Lexus USA will begin offering the GS 450h with the F SPORT package.

Lexus USA has traditionally stayed away from offering the F SPORT package on hybrid models, with the hybrid-only CT 200h being the one exception. Hybrid F SPORT models have been available in other parts of the world for some time.

(To be fair, the RX 450h is the only other hybrid model offered in the USA that’s available with the F SPORT package in other markets. The IS 300h & LS 600h are not available in North America.)

More information is expected next month, but Lexus sources have confirmed the GS 450h F SPORT will have the same features as the GS 350 F SPORT.
http://lexusenthusiast.com/2014/07/3...oming-america/
Old 07-30-14, 12:14 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Great news! Thank you Lexus!
Old 07-30-14, 12:35 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

wow, great news!
Old 07-30-14, 12:48 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is great. Now, a few bucks towards marketing and advertising would be great
Old 07-30-14, 01:28 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
This is great. Now, a few bucks towards marketing and advertising would be great
Sorry, all those dollars are reserved for incentivizing Camry to keep it number one.

Next step - getting Lexus to offer full options like rear climate/audio etc on the F-Sport models.
Old 07-30-14, 01:48 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

how about fog lights?
Old 07-30-14, 01:53 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

More exciting to me is that, for the '15 model year, the GS will have Atomic Silver as a paint option. Can't wait to see how that's going to look on the GS.

Quick Reply: Lexus GS F sightings (updated pg 20)