Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: What do you think about the new TLX?
I like it; I think it looks great.
36.36%
I hate it; it looks bland, boring, and ugly.
14.77%
I have mix feelings / It is just ok at best.
48.86%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

2015 Acura TLX Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-14, 05:09 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladi
I think it's been confirmed that unfortunately TLX wont be the new Euroccord. Believe it or not there will be a successor only due to Australian Honda lobbying, somehow they manage to sell side by side EU and US Accord with great success. Honda HQ was very close to dismiss the model all together and that's why it wasn't even in the development and now it will probably take two additional years to roll out the new model.

In the mean time you can go to your EU Honda dealer and grab it with extensive discounts. They aren't selling.
so what will Euro Accord be based on?

It cant sell well in Europe when Passat is so much better car, according to media :P
Old 04-17-14, 06:32 PM
LexFather

Honda sales in Europe are dismal. No one was buying an accord priced like a 3 series etc. From my understanding they are completely revamping their business model there.

Old 04-17-14, 06:56 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
Honda sales in Europe are dismal. No one was buying an accord priced like a 3 series etc. From my understanding they are completely revamping their business model there.
it is not easy, they are positioned as premium vehicles and recession is still hard. they also dont have affordable vehicles to sell, Fit does not sell at all, in most countries literally.

their and toyota's strategy is night and day for europe
Old 04-22-14, 05:44 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts
Default 2015 Acura TLX launch delayed

2015 Acura TLX launch delayed

Last week in New York, Acura pulled the wraps off its all-new TLX sedan – a midsize model that replaces both the TSX and TL in one fell swoop. In a bit of behind-the-scenes full disclosure, we were originally scheduled to get our first drive of the car in early May. But an intrepid reader forwarded us an email to Acura dealers saying that the on-sale date of the TLX will be pushed back, and subsequently, the automaker confirmed to Autoblog that the official media launch has been postponed, as well. Acura spokesperson Chuck Schifsky tells us that the 2015 TLX will now go on sale later this summer.

"We don't view it as a major delay," Schifsky told Autoblog. The TLX is "the most technologically advanced Acura" yet – even more so than the original NSX, Schifsky says – and thus, there are "lots of systems to get sorted out." When asked if there is a specific component to point to regarding this delay, Schifsky told Autoblog that it's "not any one thing."

"The TLX has more advanced and customer-relevant technology than on any other Acura model in our history, and we must assure that all systems are ready for mass production. Further, it is critical that we have a stable and sustainable supply of vehicles and components to support the strong customer response that we expect for this all-new Acura sedan," a company spokesperson wrote to its dealers. "To achieve these goals, we have determined that it is necessary to modify the production schedule for the 2015 TLX, which will move the on-sale date to late summer."

The 2015 TLX uses both a 2.4-liter inline-four and a 3.5-liter V6, and will be the first Acura to use two brand-new transmissions. The 2.4-liter engine features an eight-speed, dual-clutch gearbox, and the 3.5-liter V6 uses a nine-speed automatic. What's more, the TLX features a reworked version of the Precision All-Wheel Steer (P-AWS) that debuted in the larger RLX, and the company's Super Handling All-Wheel Drive (SH-AWD) is available, too.

"The 2015 TLX is the emotionally powerful car we've been longing for," Acura wrote to its dealers. So it goes without saying, the company has a whole lot riding on this all-new offering, and it's important to get it right from the start. Schifsky reiterates, "Don't put the car on sale until it's perfect."
http://www.autoblog.com/2014/04/22/2...aunch-delayed/
Old 04-22-14, 05:54 PM
Lex2InfiN
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Better for them to wait and sort out the issues than to launch it and have glitches galore.
Old 04-22-14, 05:54 PM
RYKR
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol I chuckled at this "The 2015 TLX is the emotionally powerful car we've been longing for," .... oh jeeze
Old 04-22-14, 06:03 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Lex2InfiN
Better for them to wait and sort out the issues than to launch it and have glitches galore.
I agree. It makes sense to get it right. More and more car makers are doing this these days.
Old 04-22-14, 06:12 PM
LexFather

So their entry car is their most advanced car per their words.. Brilliant..

Not like this car made huge waves so not many likely disappointed. Considering the horrible software in the q50 and the RLX/mdx also having tech issues it does make sense to wait it out.

Old 04-22-14, 08:23 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

a tree fell in the deep woods. no one noticed.
Old 04-22-14, 10:28 PM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

Toyota's V6 are just so much nicer than Honda's simplistic V6.

Also not having chrome exhaust is an insult. It's insane how much dual exhaust tips enhance the appearance of a car. Must be their penny pinching tactics at work.

Last edited by yowps3; 04-22-14 at 10:37 PM.
Old 04-22-14, 10:32 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

That's a bit surprising coming from Honda/Acura. Usually release delays are exclusive to GM and Ford.
Old 04-22-14, 11:03 PM
Lex2InfiN
Pole Position

Originally Posted by yowps3
Toyota's V6 are just so much nicer than Honda's simplistic V6.
Having owned a TL once, I can say that the one thing I didn't like about it was how noisy the engine was. I loved the car. The way it handled, the way it looked, the interior, the gadgets. But the one thing I couldn't get passed was how buzzy the engine sounded. It just felt/sounded unrefined. To be fair, this was a 2005 model, so not sure if they've made improvements in that area since then.
Old 04-22-14, 11:04 PM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
That's a bit surprising coming from Honda/Acura. Usually release delays are exclusive to GM and Ford.
What? Did you miss the NSX, RLX hybrid? Lots of vaporware going over at Honda acura.
Old 04-23-14, 03:45 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lex2InfiN
Having owned a TL once, I can say that the one thing I didn't like about it was how noisy the engine was. I loved the car. The way it handled, the way it looked, the interior, the gadgets. But the one thing I couldn't get passed was how buzzy the engine sounded. It just felt/sounded unrefined. To be fair, this was a 2005 model, so not sure if they've made improvements in that area since then.
Perceptions are different, to be sure. I, myself, currently drive a 2002 Accord V6. I also used to have a 2007 IS350. The 3.0 V6 in my Accord revved smoother and quieter, with less NVH than my IS. Of course, the IS was much faster but I can hear the 2GRFSE engine at 70mph, I can't hear the engine in the Accord at that speed. With that, my sister has a 3.5 Honda V6 in her Accord (2011) and it does seem somewhat noisier than mine. Still, a very smooth engine, though.
Old 04-23-14, 05:27 AM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IS350jet
Perceptions are different, to be sure. I, myself, currently drive a 2002 Accord V6. I also used to have a 2007 IS350. The 3.0 V6 in my Accord revved smoother and quieter, with less NVH than my IS. Of course, the IS was much faster but I can hear the 2GRFSE engine at 70mph, I can't hear the engine in the Accord at that speed. With that, my sister has a 3.5 Honda V6 in her Accord (2011) and it does seem somewhat noisier than mine. Still, a very smooth engine, though.
Yeah the 3.0L was smooth, very smooth. The thing is that its hard to keep that same smoothness with a V6 as you approach 4000cc

The same reason why there aren't much 3.0L I-4 cars around..

But I wonder how much power Honda can make once they switch their V6 to DOHC with independent timing for exhaust & intake.

A SOHC design will always have more compromises, even though Honda's use 4 valves per cylinder

Quick Reply: 2015 Acura TLX Discussion