Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: What do you think about the new TLX?
I like it; I think it looks great.
36.36%
I hate it; it looks bland, boring, and ugly.
14.77%
I have mix feelings / It is just ok at best.
48.86%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

2015 Acura TLX Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-14, 07:02 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Something about this redesign just doesn't look very "new" to me? Not bad looking, just not particularly refreshing or updated looking.
Couldn't agree more.

ZERO advancement in design exterior and interior. - Its just so bland with no originality. All the details can be found on the existing Acura models

Honestly these automakers should go and look at the Lexus IS and RC in how to have a cohesive original design.
Old 04-16-14, 07:57 PM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Nah, the last time they went for "Original", it was horrible. Let them do the boring thing. They are not really direct competitors to Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, etc. I think vanilla is fine for it's intended audience (people looking for a step up from an Accord). This formula worked with the old 2g and 3G TL's.
Old 04-16-14, 08:42 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

dear god those are thick seat backs...
Old 04-16-14, 09:31 PM
LexFather

Wow so they copy Lexus and offer a sport + setting except it doesn't adjust the suspension lol. Just the same steering/throttle and hvac (huh) and sound?

And like the accord it seems to have lost the double wishbone suspension fans have bragged about for years.

Seems pleather is standard until you get the advance model. The RLX also has pleather standard and I believe the IS, Germans etc.

Last edited by LexFather; 04-16-14 at 09:38 PM.

Old 04-16-14, 09:58 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't like some companies' trickle up design, where the entry level design cues trickle up to the mid level.
Should be the other way around
Old 04-16-14, 10:16 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Nothing special here. It's clean but very ordinary and seen before. The back end mimics the econo ILX. Also not a fan of no gear shift lever. How does one comfortably manually shift anyway? And qualify me as one who refuses to buy any car that lacks a chrome tailpipe.
Old 04-17-14, 12:00 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

can they ever rid of the "Beak" Grille design? I mean WTF are they thinking for last two Gens?
Old 04-17-14, 12:19 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
How does one comfortably manually shift anyway?
Paddle Shifters
Old 04-17-14, 12:56 AM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like that it's in total contrast to the 3IS.

The content & mechanicals are nice though..
Old 04-17-14, 01:11 AM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
agreed completely... tech seems great... but styling inside and out, is pedestrian. That real life interior pics looks like nicer Camry/Accord class vehicle - which starts at $20k.

I dont understand how can Honda be so behind current trend in the interior design. It is not about adding wood to old interior design anymore. You have to do something new, something that makes you different.

Exterior looks worse than before.

Makes little sense. Exterior looks like they designed something safe and then at last minute someone told them to spruce it up so they added crazy lights... they dont fit the design at all.

i really dont get it... Arent you looking at what your competition does?
At least they're original and unique.
Old 04-17-14, 04:53 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by yowps3
At least they're original and unique.
Yup you have a point there.

By the way, will this new car become the next ACCORD EURO?

You know the one that's supposed to be the successor to this car featured below?

Old 04-17-14, 06:38 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by islandbeef
Acura's designs are bland. The Japanese version of Chrysler.

They've dropped the ball the past several years aesthetically.
Interesting. I've always hated Chrysler but I'll be the first to admit, they've always had the best designs in the industry.
Old 04-17-14, 07:17 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Acura TLX Shows its Predictable Shape at the New York Auto Show

Click here to view more photos

One of the most important world premieres at this year’s New York Auto Show is the 2015 Acura TLX, a sedan that replaces both the TL and TSX in the Japanese luxury automaker’s lineup.

Styling-wise, the production model stays pretty close to the TLX Prototype unveiled in Detroit earlier this year, with only small changes including the bigger exterior mirrors, smaller wheels and the absence of the bumper trims and spoilers.

The 2015 Acura TLX will be offered in the U.S. with two engines, a 2.4-liter 4-cylinder producing 206 hp mated to an all-new 8-speed dual-clutch transmission (8DCT) with torque converter, and a 3.5-liter V6 with 290 hp linked to a new 9-speed automatic transmission. Both engines are offered with front-wheel drive as standard, but the V6 is also available with Acura’s latest-generation Super-Handling All-Wheel Drive (SH-AWD) system.

According to Acura, the base engine returns an anticipated EPA fuel-economy rating of 24mpg city, 35mpg highway and 28mpg combined, while the V6 model with 2WD delivers 21mpg city, 34mpg highway and 25mpg combined. With AWD, the V6 model returns 21mpg city, 31mpg highway and 25mpg combined.

The TLX will be available with Acura’s latest safety and driver-assistive technologies including Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS), Forward Collision Warning (FCW), Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow and Blind Spot Indicator (BSI).

Sales begin later this year, with pricing details to be announced closer to launch.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/04/acu...ble-shape.html
Old 04-17-14, 07:32 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackraven
Yup you have a point there.

By the way, will this new car become the next ACCORD EURO?

You know the one that's supposed to be the successor to this car featured below?

not sure... it was facelifted 2 years ago i think and it looks better than the "new" one.
Old 04-17-14, 07:44 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Looks nice enough, and is an improvement over the current lineup, but it plays it pretty safe and I think they could have easily been more bold. I can't quite put my finger on the reason, but there's just nothing about it that makes me dream of having one in my garage.

Quick Reply: 2015 Acura TLX Discussion