Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2014 IS 350 F-sport vs 2013 GS 350 F sport (both white/red)

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-13, 10:43 AM
LexFather

Exclamation 2014 IS 350 F-sport vs 2013 GS 350 F sport (both white/red)

Thought many here would enjoy these new comparison pics. It is very obvious in person how much more styled the IS is and its much sharper and edgy. The GS looks softer and rather sedate in comparison. Both have proper RWD proportions which I love and both are lowered (thanks RS*R).

We can all argue about the face. I expected to like the GS more, I actually like the white grill bar separating the "spindle" but the IS it works super well in person. The IS front end is not something flattering in photos, both cars look better in person. The separate LED in person also looks better, I didn't like it much in pics. The IS looks like a damn concept car up front.

The sides show the more styled IS vs the GS. The GS keeps its curved C-pillar its had since 1993. The IS actually offers a non hoff-meister kink which is REFRESHING, it seems all cars do it now. You can note the styled lower sills, a new Lexus cue it seems and replacing the chrome at the bottom. The IS has grown in size while the GS didn't grow in length so What was a 180 vs 190 is now 184 vs 190.

The rear also shows the difference, the IS gets a split down trunk which helps and the space is pretty good. The GS is bigger but doesn't drop down. The GS has the LS exhaust covers while the IS has a traditional exposed exhaust. Both have trunk hinges that cut into trunk room.

The interiors are both red but the GS is real leather to the IS Nu-Luxe. The Nu-Luxe is actually really good, everyone thought it was leather till I said something. However nothing like the real thing in the GS and its very high grade. Both interiors are very well put together.

Also the IS interior is more bright red to the GS which is more wine, "cabernet' is the perfect name for it. The GS interior is a clear step or two above in quality and the GS offers more features and tech. The IS interior isn't bad at all, but its entry level in some bits. The IS "LFA" gauge is maybe one of the coolest things in a car today but the GS gauges while traditional hold their own. The GS NAV screen is huge and makes the IS (or any car with a small screen) feel "old".

You can see the white differences with the IS 350 F-sport ultra white being specific to the F-sport, its very pure white but still has pearl in it. The GS is Starfire pearl which now looks more "pearl" compared to the more white IS.

Enjoy!!!

Oh yeah the drive.....well more to come

Originally Posted by Diego@Vossen
Next up - 3IS Vs. 4GS

Side by Side

Similar engine bay's

Take your pick.

3IS

4GS

Big brother

Little bro

Modern designs

Sharp lines

2013 GS350 F-Sport on Graphite Vossen CV4s

2014 IS350 F-Sport on Matte Graphite Machined Vossen CV5s

Old 07-03-13, 10:54 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

great post / comparison. thanks.

would like to see the rims you have on the GS on the IS instead.
Old 07-03-13, 11:12 AM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

i agree that the new IS looks way better in person than it does/did in photos. i've seen 3 on the road now; two white and one red. saw an f-sport in white yesterday near the toyota/lexus plant in torrance (close to where i live), and it looked sharp.
Old 07-03-13, 11:25 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

I think 2015 GS F-Sport will be the best :-)
Old 07-03-13, 11:32 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I love it!

I wish the GS's rear taillights were as aggressive as the IS's. Sharp and distinctive.
Old 07-03-13, 11:35 AM
robloc93
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I can't deny it, the IS has grown on me drastically.......I always liked it, but now I love it!!.....especially with those wheels. One can only hope, lol. I want one!
Old 07-03-13, 11:57 AM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Id go with the IS it looks amazing on those wheels
Old 07-03-13, 12:12 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
I wish the GS's rear taillights were as aggressive as the IS's. Sharp and distinctive.
i agree... back of gs - when i see it in a parking lot or on the road... very boring / forgettable.
Old 07-03-13, 01:43 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The more I see that 3IS, the more I love it. I am so proud of Lexus. It's very sharp, stylish and aggressive from every angle. In a coupe, it's going to be ridiculously fun to look at....

And the IS-F is going to be absolutely badazz.
Old 07-03-13, 02:11 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Refreshed GS should be plenty aggressive
Old 07-03-13, 02:54 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I just saw the IS in person and can finally say I like it, although it definitely isn't my favorite. It will definitely have its fan. That GS on the other hand...the exterior is still really ugly to me. Interior on both is excellent.
Old 07-03-13, 04:06 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

great pics Mike. Those wheels on the IS are amazing. I like the wheels on the GS but have never been a fan of all black wheels. I am very happy to see that Lexus is finally catching up to BMW and offering red leather. Its a great color and is very unique
Old 07-03-13, 04:53 PM
F350
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The IS really does grow on you and looks so much better in person

Hey Mike, when will RSR be selling their suspension system for the 3IS?
Old 07-03-13, 05:35 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
would like to see the rims you have on the gs on the is instead. :d
+1.............
Old 07-04-13, 04:34 AM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome post!!! You mentioned the IS is bigger how do you fit in it compared to previous model? I know you are on the taller side. I love the GS, with the LS tailpipes looks better than the IS' exposed IMO. I agree with most the taillights on the IS are better looking. Now those rims on the IS on the GS..... Winner!!!
I love what Lexus has done with both cars!! Now for waiting on the compare of the true F's.

Quick Reply: 2014 IS 350 F-sport vs 2013 GS 350 F sport (both white/red)