Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Hydrogen car coming in 2015, $50k+ price

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-13, 08:19 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladi
That's ok if you believe that transportation industry and oil companies are unrelated and independent of each other.

My point is hydrogen will make sense once/if they sell you the technology to make hydrogen in your own house or have that process happen inside your instead of going to fuel specific pump stations. That is the sole reason why I prefer EV.
As I said before, quite likely the solar panels you install on your roof are made by a company owned by big oil....

so what now?

Gas stations are independently owned and make no money on selling gas... so why are they the enemies?

And how do you think you will fuel your 80kWh battery in Tesla with average of 5kWh installation? You will generate around 15kWh per day in SoCal, less in other areas.

Realistically, average $20k installation will generate enough to lower your house electricity costs, but it is unlikely that you will be able to use it for your car... it simply cant produce enough electricity.