Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti Q50 thread

Old 08-25-14, 11:25 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Boom there it is

Infiniti moves to trademark Eau Rouge

With Formula One taking to Belgium and the famous Spa-Francorchamps circuit this weekend – boasting a reputation as one of the most beautiful courses on the calendar – all eyes will likely be on the tricky Eau Rouge corner, which challenges drivers' high-speed car control over a rolling, tree-lined hill. Infiniti played on the turn's iconic legacy for its ruby red Q50 Eau Rouge concept, and now the brand hopes to trademark the famous racing name so it can keep using it for a potential production version.

In January, the company filed for a trademark on Eau Rouge for "Automobiles and their structural parts; Fuel cell automobiles and their structural parts; Concept cars" with the US Patent and Trademark Office. According to Bloomberg, the application is still under consideration and not yet a guarantee. It's possible that the track could attempt to block the automaker from earning rights to the name. Alternatively, a trademark lawyer tells Bloomberg that the two of them could also strike a deal where Infiniti would pay a small amount for each car sold bearing the title, which could give Spa a bit of extra money in the bank.
http://www.autoblog.com/2014/08/24/i...ark-eau-rouge/
Old 08-25-14, 11:36 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 08-25-14, 01:56 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by obturator
There is significance to the name. The Q50 Eau Rouge is named after the signature high-speed corner at Belgium's famed Spa-Francorchamps race circuit.
That's pretty well known by now. It's just that it doesn't sound good as the name of your star product.
Old 08-25-14, 04:15 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its unique. And at least the Belgians will appreciate it with funds going towards Spa Francorchamps.
Old 08-25-14, 08:52 PM
Lex2InfiN
Pole Position

Infiniti extends long-wheelbase Q50 L for the Chinese market

Want to sell your luxury sedan in China? You're going to need a long-wheelbase model. Not because the still-dominant Chinese government mandates it, or because the customers are taller, but because Chinese buyers tend to like being chauffeured around in the back of their luxury sedans instead of driving themselves, so the priority is on rear-seat space over driving dynamics.

We've seen the likes of Audi, BMW, Cadillac, Mercedes-Benz and Volvo all roll out long-wheelbase versions of their compact and midsize sedans specifically to cater to Chinese tastes. Even Infiniti – which now bases itself in Hong Kong – offers a long-wheelbase Q70 L not only in China but around the world, and has now bolstered its extended offerings with the reveal of the Q50 L, set to debut at the Chengdu Motor Show later this month.

Set to be produced locally for the local market, the Q50 L adds nearly two inches to the wheelbase of the Q50 to the benefit of rear-seat legroom. Power comes from Infiniti's 2.0-liter turbo four offering 208 horsepower and 236 pound-feet of torque, driving to the rear wheels through a seven-speed automatic transmission with drive-by-wire steering.
http://www.autoblog.com/2014/08/22/i...hina-official/

So they're going to be selling the Q70L here, but not the Q50L. I think it would be interesting to have a LWB entry level luxury sedan offered here. Might actually do pretty well.
Old 08-26-14, 06:35 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Diego@Vossen
We feel this might be the cleanest new Q50 around, what about you?

Stillen color matched rear diffuser
looks great .....but that rear diffuser looks too ricey for me.
Old 08-26-14, 10:23 AM
obturator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by speedflex
That's pretty well known by now. It's just that it doesn't sound good as the name of your star product.
Not well enough that people on car chat are calling it "Eau Rogue" and butchering its translation. Just sayin'....
Old 08-26-14, 11:02 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

I like how the owner eliminated chrome and in some cases went with body color (the 2 rear finishers, the door handles (which were probably a beatch to do), the Infiniti symbol on the grill).

I am kind of surprised the car has the rear mud flaps (I don't see that they add anything visually and all you have is a piece of plastic covering the plastic bumper)
Old 08-26-14, 11:08 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Lex2InfiN
[B][CENTER]
So they're going to be selling the Q70L here, but not the Q50L. I think it would be interesting to have a LWB entry level luxury sedan offered here. Might actually do pretty well.
Technically no one is going to buy the Q70 L

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
I like how the owner eliminated chrome and in some cases went with body color (the 2 rear finishers, the door handles (which were probably a beatch to do), the Infiniti symbol on the grill).

I am kind of surprised the car has the rear mud flaps (I don't see that they add anything visually and all you have is a piece of plastic covering the plastic bumper)
It features GT Haus exhaust, Airrex air ride, Stillen body parts. I agree not a fan of body colored diffusers. Overall looks great to me.

Old 08-26-14, 09:51 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Motor
you can always tell folks that havent played racing games on the newer gen gaming systems: they are always posting Top Gear vids taken from said racing games. hahahahaha

that has to be like the 5th one ive seen posted on this site in the last year...
Old 08-26-14, 09:56 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Diego@Vossen
During our time in Toronto we had an extremely tight schedule to shoot some amazing cars. How does 6 shoots in one day sound to you? One of them is this extremely clean Infiniti Q50 S sedan featuring our 20x10.5 "square" setup VFS-1's in matte graphite. The owner then decided to add some gloss to the finish for a custom feel. The vehicle also features aero parts from Stillen, an exhaust from GTHaus and an AirRex air-ride. We feel this might be the cleanest new Q50 around, what about you?

Follow @Dystinctive on Instagram for daily updates on his amazing Q50S.

Infiniti Q50 S | Vossen 20'' VFS-1 Concave Wheels | Rims - YouTube

Click any photo to visit the full gallery!

Stillen color matched rear diffuser

Laid out on Matte Graphite Vossen VFS-1

Beautiful from every angle

VFS-1 Now Available

wheels look fantastic but i cant, for the life of me, understand this phenomenon of slamming these cars and tucking the wheels. i didnt like it in the late 80s/early 90s with import trucks and i HATE it on import sedans....
Old 09-01-14, 01:49 PM
zema
Driver

Belgians Want Royalties if Infiniti Builds the Q50 Eau Rouge

Nissan is in hot water—specifically, hot red water—over the pretty French name attached to its GT-R–powered concept sedan.

The Spa-Francorchamps circuit in Belgium wants royalties if Nissan decides to sell the Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge, so named after the track’s famous (and terrifyingly fast) uphill bend. According to Bloomberg, the track owners registered “L’Eau Rouge” with the European patent office in April as a trademark for cars after initially filing last December. In January, Nissan filed a trademark application in the U.S. for “Eau Rouge,” although it hasn’t committed to build this $100,000, 560-hp supersedan, despite our friendly nudges to Nissan and positive inklings from ex–Infiniti president Johan de Nysschen. If the Eau Rouge gets the green—and considering that Nissan approved the Murano CrossCabriolet, why wouldn’t it?—Nissan may find itself in a legal spat. Alternatively, the Japanese company could pay the track for the limited number of copies it might make, as Pontiac did over a 33-year span for the Trans Am (Bloomberg points out that the Sports Car Club of America collected $5 for every Trans Am sold from 1969 to 2002).

Naming cars after corners and circuits is common fare among automakers, and although we’re not aware of any other trademark agreements for cars like the Bentley Mulsanne, we are sure that Nissan doesn’t like the sound of “Q50 Red Water.” So long as they build something else with a GT-R powertrain, we couldn’t care less about what’s stamped on the doorsill. Nissan Rogue Eau Rouge, anyone?
Source: http://blog.caranddriver.com/belgian...q50-eau-rouge/
Old 09-01-14, 04:07 PM
Lex2InfiN
Pole Position

Yet another reason to not use that ridiculous name
Maybe they should use the letter "G" for their high performance line. It would give legacy respect to the highly successful G cars and they can use it without any worry of legal action or anyone wanting a royalty. Seriously, using 'Eau Rouge' is a horrible idea and this new development should put an end to it
Old 09-02-14, 12:53 AM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Lex2InfiN
Yet another reason to not use that ridiculous name
Maybe they should use the letter "G" for their high performance line. It would give legacy respect to the highly successful G cars and they can use it without any worry of legal action or anyone wanting a royalty. Seriously, using 'Eau Rouge' is a horrible idea and this new development should put an end to it
Agreed just call it the Q50 GTR or whatever and be done with it.
Old 09-02-14, 06:42 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by jwong77
Agreed just call it the Q50 GTR or whatever and be done with it.
My vote is Q50-R.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Infiniti Q50 thread