Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti Q50 thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-14, 09:14 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Forget about the other cars out there.
For $100,000, I would take a GT-R over the eau rouge though.

Is it OK to say that (since they're still from the same company) ?
Old 06-25-14, 06:10 PM
Lex2InfiN
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Lex2InfiN - your sarcastic / baiting / attacking / defensive comments must stop. back away from the keyboard. take a walk or something.

you don't need to respond to every point and it's ok for people to disagree, even on what each believes to be 'facts'.
Seems reasonable.

who owns what portion of who is really not a big deal in the end.
I agree and I couldn't care less really. But I'm not the one who went completely off topic and brought up Renault.

so last warning in this thread - be polite and respectful, or leave the thread.
Ok. I'm sorry for hurting Lexfather's feelings.
Old 06-25-14, 06:13 PM
Lex2InfiN
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Infra
It's right on price with an XFR-S, actually, at $99,000. It should easily outperform the M5, as well as the M3 or M4. (If not, then they will have a problem.)

They won't sell a lot. But you know that's not the point of the car. It's a brand builder, just like the LFA was for Lexus. We all know the LFA lost money. This is why companies conduct portfolio modeling, because products are not independent. They influence the sales of one another. One car brings someone into a dealership, another car is the one they drive home. I feel cooler, sitting in my S4, every time I see an R8 with the same 4 rings on the hood as I have on my car; I'm sure those currently driving a Lexus have the same feeling when they see the LFA, and Infiniti drivers will get that feeling when they see one of these.
Great post
This model is obviously not going to be a high volume vehicle and that's ok. But it helps develop Infiniti's performance halo and again, on paper, it seems as they will leave all competition in this segment in the dust. That alone will certainly attract interest from enthusiasts, perhaps many of whom have never owned an Infiniti before.
Old 06-25-14, 06:28 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So far Nissan is the only manufacturer that has proper concept of four door sports car. At least on paper.
Old 06-25-14, 06:37 PM
Initial B
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Vladi
So far Nissan is the only manufacturer that has proper concept of four door sports car. At least on paper.
Infiniti does, yes. But Nissan has it literally backwards, as the Maxima (which they call the "4-door sportscar" ) has the drive wheels on the wrong end of the car
Old 06-25-14, 06:39 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Infra
It's right on price with an XFR-S, actually, at $99,000. It should easily outperform the M5, as well as the M3 or M4. (If not, then they will have a problem.)

They won't sell a lot. But you know that's not the point of the car. It's a brand builder, just like the LFA was for Lexus. We all know the LFA lost money. This is why companies conduct portfolio modeling, because products are not independent. They influence the sales of one another. One car brings someone into a dealership, another car is the one they drive home. I feel cooler, sitting in my S4, every time I see an R8 with the same 4 rings on the hood as I have on my car; I'm sure those currently driving a Lexus have the same feeling when they see the LFA, and Infiniti drivers will get that feeling when they see one of these.
But the Q50 does not compete with the XF currently.. Again what made Caddy's CTS-V a huge success was pricing, they also used a previous engine (Corvette) and the car did very well for them. A Super Q50 in the 70-80k range with a 550hp or so GT-R engine is a VERY tasty proposition, tasty to me since I plan to pick up the GS F next summer for example. I'm sure many people would give it a serious look. At 100k, that is territory with some serous heavyweights at a class level higher, M5, E63, RS6/7 XF-R etc....

While I see what you are saying about the LFA, it should't be in the discussion. Infiniti teased their own concept super cars they never built.

Old 06-25-14, 07:06 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

but they're not gonna undercut GT-R pricing by $30K for the Super Q.
Old 06-25-14, 07:43 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by bagwell
but they're not gonna undercut GT-R pricing by $30K for the Super Q.
The GTR used to start around 70k, its now 100k, not sure we have ever seen such a large increase in a generation. I think its worth every penny If they feel 100k is the magic number for them, hey good luck b/c I don't think any of us are saying at all don't build the car. There have been people asking for a GT-R engine/drivetrain in a sedan for sometime now.

Old 06-26-14, 06:38 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
The GTR used to start around 70k, its now 100k, not sure we have ever seen such a large increase in a generation. I think its worth every penny If they feel 100k is the magic number for them, hey good luck b/c I don't think any of us are saying at all don't build the car. There have been people asking for a GT-R engine/drivetrain in a sedan for sometime now.
70k was just initial MY, next one was already like 7K more I think, or the third. I think that pricing strategy makes a lot of sense from marketing perspective and takes some ***** to pull it off. They tricked everybody to take a look at the car and once its credentials got sealed it shot off into stratosphere price wise. No matter what current GT-R is worth every penny, especially 2015MY or Nismo.

Now if we could only talk sense to GT-R owners that their 2008/9s cannot be worth in upper 60s range with all the tranny problems and abusage.

UPDATE: Here is the price chart btw

Old 06-26-14, 06:46 AM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

The Q50 doesn't get the respect it deserves..
Old 06-26-14, 07:12 PM
Lex2InfiN
Pole Position

Originally Posted by yowps3
The Q50 doesn't get the respect it deserves..
On here? No, not really.
In the real world? Yes, it does. And will only increase once the Eau Rouge concept becomes a reality (next year?)
Old 06-26-14, 07:22 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Vladi
70k was just initial MY, next one was already like 7K more I think, or the third. I think that pricing strategy makes a lot of sense from marketing perspective and takes some ***** to pull it off. They tricked everybody to take a look at the car and once its credentials got sealed it shot off into stratosphere price wise. No matter what current GT-R is worth every penny, especially 2015MY or Nismo.

Now if we could only talk sense to GT-R owners that their 2008/9s cannot be worth in upper 60s range with all the tranny problems and abusage.

UPDATE: Here is the price chart btw

tz6xy0kjpg.jpg[/IMG]
The GT-R is epic no matter what the price. However I would have liked to see sales added to that chart to see the effects (not going to look it up). Again Nissan themselves stated they need to sell more units next generation.

All I know is we cannot give Nissan enough kudos for finally bringing it here and one of the all time great vehicle. I would love to own one someday. '

Originally Posted by Lex2InfiN
On here? No, not really.
In the real world? Yes, it does. And will only increase once the Eau Rouge concept becomes a reality (next year?)
lol the real world

Not sure why CL is being singled out. Reviews for the car has been average at best so why single us out? I put 3000 miles on one and its perfectly competent but the electronics were poor and the car drove much less sporty than the G37 and the competition. It looks beautiful to me though and I'm still flirting with a hybrid as a DD. If your priorities are not leaning toward sport the Q50 is a great choice.

Congrats, you are now the 2nd person on my ignore list.

Old 07-08-14, 05:56 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge prototype tackles Goodwood [video]

Could cost $100,000

The Goodwood Festival of Speed wrapped up on June 29th but Infiniti has finally gotten around to releasing footage of the Q50 Eau Rouge prototype storming up Lord March's driveway.

Driven by Sébastien Buemi and Infiniti Red Bull Racing team principal Christian Horner, the prototype roared to life to celebrate its dynamic debut for the public. While the car's growling exhaust is drowned out by crappy techno music, the prototype features a twin-turbo 3.8-liter V6 engine that develops 568 PS (417 kW).

According to Infiniti Europe Vice President Francois Goupil de Bouillé, "The Festival of Speed attracts some of the world's most passionate enthusiasts – exactly our sort of people in other words. To be able to share this event with them, and introduce for the first time in Europe the Q50 Eau Rouge running prototype, was therefore brilliant – but even better to get such a positive reaction from everyone!"

While Infiniti hasn't confirmed plans for a production version, Infiniti President Johan de Nysschen has previously suggested the car could be relatively low volume and only have a two-year life cycle. He also said the model could cost $100,000 (€73,510) but the company might "subsidize each car in order to keep it within reach.”

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11407077...goodwood-video
Old 07-08-14, 05:57 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 211HP Infiniti Q50 2.0-Liter Petrol Priced from £31,755 in the UK

Infiniti has added the 2.0-liter four-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine to its Q50 line up, with the new engine variant going on sale in Europe in autumn 2014. In the UK, the Q50 with the 2.0-liter petrol engine will be priced from £31,755 (€39,982).

Obtained from Mercedes-Benz, the turbocharged 1,991cc four-cylinder engine produces 211hp (214PS) and 350 Nm (258 lb-ft) of torque. Maximum torque is available from 1,250 rpm to 3,500 rpm. The engine is mated to a 7-speed automatic transmission that sends power to the rear wheels.

The new 2.0-liter engine joins the 2.2-liter direct injection turbo diesel and the high-performance V6 hybrid powertrains in the Infiniti Q50 lineup. First revealed in Europe at the 2014 Geneva Motor Show in March, the 2.0-liter petrol engine is already on sale in China. The unit will make its sales debut in Europe in autumn and will arrive in the rest of Infiniti’s global markets by the end of the year.

Over the next five years, the Japanese luxury car manufacturer plans to increase its model range by 60 percent and more than double the number of its powertrains.

http://www.carscoops.com/2014/07/211...er-petrol.html
Old 07-08-14, 06:16 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the pleasure to drive the Q50S- Hybrid model 2014 a few month ago.

My personal impressions:

Exterior looks nice, Interior looks also not bad. The gages and the out lay of the Navigation screen also look appealing to me.

I really like the idea of engine stop working completely at the stop light, and as soon as you hit the gas it just goes, since it has the continues power supply.

The thing I did not like the most was the Electronic steering "steer-by-wire" meaning there’s no mechanical connection between the wheel in your hands and the wheels on the street. Just electric signals.

It has a Comfort mode and the Sport mode. When its in Sport mode, the steering is extremely precise and very tight, but it is not something you would want to have in the normal driving conditions, it almost has the ready for track feel steering.

When it is in Comfort mode, the steering is extremely loose and feel very disconnected from the road.
I could not find the happy medium steering setting. It was just wrong for me.

Quick Reply: Infiniti Q50 thread