Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti Q50 thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-14, 09:32 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Lex2InfiN
I am serious, are you serious?
And are you sure about that "fact" LexFather?

Google is your friend. Nissan is not owned by Renault. Renault has a 43.4% stake in Nissan. Your comment implies that Renault bought out Nissan and/or they own a majority of Nissan. Both are which are incorrect. Here, read this and go learn about the Nissan-Renault alliance:

http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/COMP...NCE/RENAULT03/
Renault owns Nissan. Nissan owns I think 12-16% of Renault. This is seriously old news. It's an alliance for marketing purposes lol. Renault owns the company. Its a fact and should not be a tough pill to swallow since it saved Nissan from bankruptcy and saved Infiniti from being discontinued.

He's mad again!!!

Renault is the controlling partner at 44%
Nissan owns 15%

Old 06-24-14, 09:36 PM
Initial B
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

“We need to work on shifting speed. One thing engineers are having to resolve for me right now is that the car definitely needs a limited-slip rear differential. When you have any bit of enthusiastic cornering under power, the inside-rear wheel starts spinning. So we need to tame that," said de Nysschen, "Lot of work still to be done - engine management and performance gearbox to talk to each other, but very promising.”

I LOVE THIS MAN
Old 06-24-14, 09:39 PM
Lex2InfiN
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexFather
Renault owns Nissan. Nissan owns I think 12-16% of Renault. This is seriously old news. It's an alliance for marketing purposes lol. Renault owns the company. Its a fact and should not be a tough pill to swallow since it saved Nissan from bankruptcy and saved Infiniti from being discontinued.

He's mad again!!!

Nissan owns 15%
Wow, just wow. So Nissan owns 56% of Nissan, yet Renault owns Nissan? Only you could try to convince people that owning a minority stake in a company is a majority

Not that it matters anyway who owns what or what percentage. Not even quite sure why this off topic comment was brought up in the first place?
Old 06-24-14, 09:41 PM
Lex2InfiN
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Initial B
“We need to work on shifting speed. One thing engineers are having to resolve for me right now is that the car definitely needs a limited-slip rear differential. When you have any bit of enthusiastic cornering under power, the inside-rear wheel starts spinning. So we need to tame that," said de Nysschen, "Lot of work still to be done - engine management and performance gearbox to talk to each other, but very promising.”

I LOVE THIS MAN
This thing is going to be a beast and is going to dominate the segment
No competitor will even come close to matching this kind of performance. Pricing will be interesting for sure.
Old 06-24-14, 09:57 PM
LexFather

Wow, just wow. So Nissan owns 56% of Nissan, yet Renault owns Nissan? Only you could try to convince people that owning a minority stake in a company is a majority

Not that it matters anyway who owns what or what percentage. Not even quite sure why this off topic comment was brought up in the first place?
Nissan does not own 56% of nissan lol.

Right here, owner, Renault. Do you know what a "controlling stake" means? Lol

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan

Old 06-24-14, 09:58 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

He's mad again!!!

Nissan owns 15%
I'm neutral in this discussion between you and Lex2InfiN, and generally not involved in it, But one thing, I think, does bear mentioning. You and I both, at the time, agreed that the cost-cutting that Carlos Ghosn and Renault forced on Nissan and Infiniti (even if some of it was justified to stave off bankruptcy) resulted in some outrageously cheap Nissan interiors, with Infiniti's only marginally better.
Old 06-24-14, 10:02 PM
LexFather

Lol nissan stock structure..

http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/IR/STOCK/INFORMATION/

Old 06-24-14, 10:12 PM
Lex2InfiN
Pole Position

Enough with the off topic posts. Your desperation is showing:

The alliance itself is incorporated as the Renault-Nissan B.V., founded on 28 March 2002 under Dutch law. Renault-Nissan B.V. is equally owned by Renault and Nissan.

But again, does any of this matter? I don't understand why you keep bringing this up?
Old 06-24-14, 11:02 PM
LexFather

uh:
This is so hilarious

Sadly a 100k Q50 will be an extremely tough sale looking at how they can't sell a 50-70k M. A 100k M with this engine at least makes more sense since it's a E/5 competitor. They are saying 100k for a car a class below it. Good luck.

Last edited by LexFather; 06-24-14 at 11:16 PM.

Old 06-24-14, 11:44 PM
Initial B
Lead Lap

Sadly a 100k Q50 will be an extremely tough sale looking at how they can't sell a 50-70k M. A 100k M with this engine at least makes more sense since it's a E/5 competitor. They are saying 100k for a car a class below it. Good luck.
Should be able to pull it off, as they are potentially only hoping to sell 500 in total:

“I would have to say in order to set expectations, we’re probably looking at a $100,000 car," said de Nysschen, "We are probably also looking at 250-500 units a year. And we probably have, in terms of my current expectation, only a two-year life cycle.

I wish them luck. Infiniti is shaping up to be a great brand for enthusiast drivers (and has been for a while with the G/M/FX). I see nothing but good things coming from them, and now Lexus with Mr. Toyoda calling the shots

Perhaps my prayers for a Japanese BMW are finally being answered
Old 06-25-14, 12:07 AM
Lex2InfiN
Pole Position

This is so hilarious

Sadly a 100k Q50 will be an extremely tough sale looking at how they can't sell a 50-70k M.

They have been selling 50-70k Ms for years now, where you been?
They also sell 70k-80k QX80s (one of the two big players in the full size Luxury SUV segment), where you been?
Old 06-25-14, 05:58 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

This is so hilarious

where does all this hate for Nissan come from?

I'm personally glad to see the 560hp Q built...its the largest car I would consider buying. They said themselves it will be a limited, low volume car.

also - I think most M3s sold will be $80-85K for 130 less HP (still under rated?)

Last edited by bagwell; 06-25-14 at 06:26 AM.
Old 06-25-14, 06:18 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,098 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Let me enlighten you on something in case you're confused or haven't been following. ...
I am serious, are you serious?
Lex2InfiN - your sarcastic / baiting / attacking / defensive comments must stop. back away from the keyboard. take a walk or something.

you don't need to respond to every point and it's ok for people to disagree, even on what each believes to be 'facts'.

who owns what portion of who is really not a big deal in the end.

so last warning in this thread - be polite and respectful, or leave the thread.
Old 06-25-14, 07:26 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by bagwell
where does all this hate for Nissan come from?

I'm personally glad to see the 560hp Q built...its the largest car I would consider buying. They said themselves it will be a limited, low volume car.

also - I think most M3s sold will be $80-85K for 130 less HP (still under rated?)
Nissan was my first car and will always have a special place with me. Please don't confuse my disagreement with that guy as hate for a brand.

M3s can command those prices and they make money

Old 06-25-14, 08:58 AM
Infra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is so hilarious

It's right on price with an XFR-S, actually, at $99,000. It should easily outperform the M5, as well as the M3 or M4. (If not, then they will have a problem.)

They won't sell a lot. But you know that's not the point of the car. It's a brand builder, just like the LFA was for Lexus. We all know the LFA lost money. This is why companies conduct portfolio modeling, because products are not independent. They influence the sales of one another. One car brings someone into a dealership, another car is the one they drive home. I feel cooler, sitting in my S4, every time I see an R8 with the same 4 rings on the hood as I have on my car; I'm sure those currently driving a Lexus have the same feeling when they see the LFA, and Infiniti drivers will get that feeling when they see one of these.

Quick Reply: Infiniti Q50 thread