Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti Q50 thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-13, 06:19 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Wow I knew it wasn't good but what you describe seems pretty bad. I will admit when I see a lease deal on a car like that for $299/month it makes you feel like something is wrong. It doesn't seem like it could be a real quality competitor with a low ball lease like that. I agree it is sad since they make a decent car but seem to be undermining themselves . Thanks for the knowledge , Mike. I cant believe they lease so many out like that. Now I see why they are having issues. Seems like its self inflicted kind of.
Old 08-06-13, 06:22 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel350

Come on man really? Did you really just bring up the MKZ? LMAO There are about 20 upscale midsized cars that are better than that piece of crap.
I will admit I have seen them and thought they were great looking but its a tarted up Ford. I think the Q or IS will be far better cars dynamically and on another level.
Old 08-06-13, 07:29 PM
Guy Legend
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some of the short term decisions have been head scratchers, but long term I think the brand is in good hands with De Nysschen in charge.

They're finally going to join Lexus and try to establish another Japanese luxury brand worldwide. New high end flagships are in the way which will add more brand cachet. Should be in for some interesting cars from the Japanese luxury brands in the not too far future.
Old 08-06-13, 07:47 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Guy Legend

They're finally going to join Lexus and try to establish another Japanese luxury brand worldwide.
if you mean by prestige, they are not going to do it by offering old generation G37's for 30k.

But I guess dealers are desperate for traffic and Nissan for factories to work... still.
Old 08-06-13, 08:32 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
sounds like you are reading only the negative stuff on the steering and that option can be avoided. Only time will tell. When you consider the size, power, options, tech, efficiency, safety, and most importantly the PRICE the Q50 will sell.

The Q50 gets better mpg than even a GS450h and has more power !! Pretty damn impressive for a car that isnt even in the GS list of competitors . Anyone who has driven an Infiniti or owns one knows that handling is their strong suit and I am pretty sure they will get this new Q50 sorted out FAST. They kind of have to. The sports package can be fitted with summer tires and Im sure its pretty damn easy for the company to source newer batter tires for their lesser models. With prices like they are I cant imagine many would avoid the extra bells and whistles or even the sport

Still amazed at how cheap leases on the G37 are right now. Straight up did a double take when I saw the pricing on the net. Also seems like they may sell the G37 along side of the Q50.
If the Q50 hybrid drivetrain is anything like the M35h drivetrain, it will be subpar in real life. The M35h drivetrain is jerky and unrefined and one M35h early adopter ( goes by Modeler on the GS subforum) jumped back to the GS450h after a few months. Also the M35h fuel efficiency ON PAPER is competitive to the GS450h buts falls far behind on actual testing.

Also unlike the GS450h powertrain, the M35h hybrid total system hp and torque DROPS after a few hard accelerations in order to prevent overheating of the batteries, leading to markedly slower performance. So that nice 0-60 and stated hp is only good for a few WOT and not consistent.
Old 08-06-13, 09:57 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
if you mean by prestige, they are not going to do it by offering old generation G37's for 30k.

But I guess dealers are desperate for traffic and Nissan for factories to work... still.
Word hit last week that our Infiniti dealer won't be around at the end of the year. Sales are dismal and the delay of the Q50 is not helping their cause
Old 08-07-13, 06:05 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I think the Q50S looks worlds better than the G37S....esp in white...

Old 08-07-13, 06:11 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Word hit last week that our Infiniti dealer won't be around at the end of the year. Sales are dismal and the delay of the Q50 is not helping their cause
That's too bad, but not surprising I guess. I'm surprised that Nissan/Infiniti doesn't subsidize the dealership in the hope that things will turn around. Maybe they already have behind the scenes?
Old 08-07-13, 07:24 AM
LexFather

At the dealership now.....

Old 08-07-13, 08:13 AM
Tantrix
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there really is no FUNDAMENTAL difference of this car vs it's older predecessors, or it's direct competitors,..or anything else in it's price range, or in design. It's more of the "same fluff and stuff.

Originally Posted by Blueprint
At the dealership now.....
Old 08-07-13, 08:22 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,096 Likes on 1,359 Posts

i think this is a GREAT looking car, probably my favorite in the category.
Old 08-07-13, 08:23 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,096 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Originally Posted by Tantrix
there really is no FUNDAMENTAL difference of this car vs it's older predecessors, or it's direct competitors,..or anything else in it's price range, or in design. It's more of the "same fluff and stuff.
devil's in the details. the technology and available adjustments with the tech package look fantastic.
Old 08-07-13, 08:27 AM
Tantrix
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

and what would that be ? front distance sensors ? more horsepower ? or the front spindle like grille ? the 18" wheels ? oh not it's upgraded to 19" ? what ? the inline or v6? or is it the hybrid option ? or is it the change of name from G to Q ?

what is it that money cannot buy in any other car maker or model ?

only FUNDAMENTAL difference is that the price went up.

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
devil's in the details. the technology and available adjustments with the tech package look fantastic.
Old 08-07-13, 08:48 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna

That's what gives me pause about the Q50. If the M37S I drove is any indication, Infiniti is good at making individual components look impressive on paper but the implementation and getting the individual components to work as a cohesive vehicular system is lacking.

I do hope the Q50 does not repeat the M37's mistakes since Infiniti is cheaper than Lexus in my country and their reputation as the "Japanese BMW" precedes them. And I'm looking to upgrade my current 2GS...

Here's hoping the Q50 emulates the older better BMWs and not the current generation of BMWs.
Old 08-07-13, 09:08 AM
LexFather

I dunno, I'm literally looking at it now from the dealership and I think its a great car that hasn't been given the proper limelight. Its no fault of the car for what is being done to it in regards to the launch.

Again I don't have an issue with a car going comfier or softer since that is what Lexus was known for and personally I had no issues with it especially if its a good balance. Cars are all going for the middle, the IS F sport is the rare car going to one extreme side like a Buick Lacrosse goes to one extreme side.

Personally I find it really good looking, the interior is perfectly fine and for around 45k its a solid car for the money. The whole name/G37 etc fiasco might hurt sales but it's a solid car and that ain't the cars fault.
Attached Thumbnails Infiniti Q50 thread-photo.jpg  

Quick Reply: Infiniti Q50 thread