Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti Q50 thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-13, 03:34 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Hopefully Infiniti keeps the 6-speed manual option in the sedan for those select few who would purchase one.
Old 01-12-13, 04:06 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
I also think that it looks better than IS, but the new IS has better interior.

Also, is that a touch screen in the middle ?

Seems so. Don't see the clock anymore either. CTS/Sonata/this share a lot of interior cues, not a bad thing, they are nice looking interiors.

Old 01-12-13, 04:12 PM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I think the IS interior is better. This exterior sort of splits the difference between the 3 Series and IS in terms of aggressiveness. My guess, all 3 cars will continue to sell or lease well.
Old 01-12-13, 04:19 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint

Seems so. Don't see the clock anymore either. CTS/Sonata/this share a lot of interior cues, not a bad thing, they are nice looking interiors.

You are right, it actually looks like the Sonata, especially the side air vents. Not sure if I like the touch screen idea. I mean its cool and all, but I would probably get tired constantly wiping that screen.
Old 01-12-13, 04:25 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Taillights look a lot like the 2IS's.
Old 01-12-13, 04:33 PM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pman6
yes. since I like touch screen better, I think the center stack layout is better than the IS.

The exterior probably is the sport trim, and I don't like those bulging foglight "cheeks".

Side profile silhouette looks a lot like 3 series.
I'd say it looks like a 3 series melted in the oven.

I don't like that squiggly lexus-like C pillar.

2013 is the year of ugly overdesigned cars

Whoa, what the hell is this? Is this really a BMW? It looks horrific.
Old 01-12-13, 04:34 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

This looks good to me. Would like to see better quality pics next weekend. I also want to see the standard IS for comparison.
Old 01-12-13, 04:36 PM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

Also the Infiniti Q50 looks like a bland Nissan/Mazda hybrid.

Rear looks clean but bland and uninspired.

The previous gen Infiniti G37 looks a whole lot sleeker/sportier.

This new Q50 looks much less sportier. It seems to be geared towards a more older and conservative crowd.

As much as I dislike the 3IS design, I'd prefer a 3IS to the Q50. The Q50 looks totally boring.
Old 01-12-13, 04:42 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by dmvp29
Also the Infiniti Q50 looks like a bland Nissan/Mazda hybrid.

Rear looks clean but bland and uninspired.

The previous gen Infiniti G37 looks a whole lot sleeker/sportier.

This new Q50 looks much less sportier. It seems to be geared towards a more older and conservative crowd.

As much as I dislike the 3IS design, I'd prefer a 3IS to the Q50. The Q50 looks totally boring.
indeed... now 3IS makes a lot more sense... everything else looks bland next to it.
Old 01-12-13, 04:45 PM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

For 10 seconds, I thought this was the new Q45 until I remembered their name change

New g37 looks good
Old 01-12-13, 04:47 PM
SteVTEC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GFerg
GOD. FREAKING. DAMMIT.

Same stupid arcing design between the mid-console and center stack that robs that extra bit of knee space I need for my wide frame. So the new IS and the new "G" / Q-whatever both appear to be non-starters for me just based on interior fit/comfort issues for me.

I'll certainly sit in both and give them a try, but I've never fit well or been comfortable enough in cars with these types of interior designs to ever buy one. Very disappointing. I do like the overall look and design of the car, though.
Old 01-12-13, 05:50 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

It looks "nice", that's all I can really say in terms of positive comments. It's not daring or bold or even a sporty design, just a conservative, bland design. It does have a low beltline and a big greenhouse area, so credit to Infiniti for that. Like the Infiniti M, it has a lot of bulbous and curvy styling cues on the exterior which I don't like. I think it will look more bloated in person than in pics. Not liking the random Hyundai-style creases on the sides either. Looks as if the car got into an accident from the sides.

As far that interior, what a goofy mess of curves and wavy styling . IMHO that interior looks awful. The purple hued gauges only add insult to injury on an already goofy-looking interior. The wood grain they're using looks awfully cheap as well, which doesn't help the interior at all.

The interior just looks cheap, overstyled, and mass-market. The new IS interior in comparison couldn't be any more different. The new IS interior looks sophisticated, sporty, elegant, and like it means business.

The IS F-Sport exterior might be too wild for some, but by no means is it "boy racer".

Also let's wait and see what the regular IS looks like. I believe the regular IS will be an extremely well balanced look of edgy sporty design, combined with elegance. The IS F-Sport won't be for everyone, and the new IS itself won't be for everyone. The IS interior looks as though it's a class above this Infiniti interior.

It seems as though because Infiniti has no credible large luxury sedan, they must make the G or Q50 or whatever it's called appeal to a very broad audience. So in other words it seems like they have to water down the car's essence, since the Infiniti M sells poorly and isn't considered a legitimate competitor in the prestige midsize luxury class. The fullsize luxury sedan class Infiniti doesn't compete in, so that leaves the G to carry most of the responsibility for Infiniti cars. Lexus however doesn't have to do that, as they have the ES for a cushy, comfy car and the GS for those that want a somewhat bigger, more sophisticated sedan. That gives Lexus the ability to make the IS edgy and bold, to appeal to a more specific demographic, without hurting the Lexus brand.
Old 01-12-13, 05:54 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts

regular IS still has very similar headlights.
Old 01-12-13, 05:55 PM
SteVTEC
Lexus Test Driver

The Infiniti M is definitely a legitimate competitor. It just sells very poorly.
Old 01-12-13, 05:55 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

^^ I truly hope the normal IS will have a toned down interior and definitely exterior. Maybe a few pieces of wood trim will make a difference

Quick Reply: Infiniti Q50 thread