Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti Q50 thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-14, 06:57 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Didn't see this mentioned anywhere. Looks like Infiniti is working on bringing the G37 hydraulic steering to the Q50, as an option.

Speaking with Infiniti’s head of product planning, Keith St. Clair, we’ve learned that the brand is working on ditching the Q50’s base power steering in favor of a rack derived from the good old G.
http://blog.caranddriver.com/oh-than...stem-for-2016/
Old 09-02-14, 11:11 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
Didn't see this mentioned anywhere. Looks like Infiniti is working on bringing the G37 hydraulic steering to the Q50, as an option.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/oh-than...stem-for-2016/
If true I'm impressed.
Old 12-29-14, 05:16 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge could be axed

According to former chief executive Johan de Nysschen

Despite an endless string of teasers and previews, the Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge concept might not make it as a production model after all.

Ex chief executive Johan de Nysschen (now Cadillac's president) has revealed some juicy details about its former employer on Facebook. He says Nissan's corporate vice president Noboru Tateishi has decided to abandon the Q50 Eau Rouge project because Infiniti has "more enthusiasm for driver's aids, apparently, than driver's cars."

We remind you Infiniti originally introduced the Q50 Eau Rouge concept in January at NAIAS in Detroit but at that time they didn't disclose the engine's identity. A couple of months later in Geneva, Infiniti revealed that lurking underneath the hood was the Nissan GT-R's 3.8-liter V6 twin-turbo engine developing 568 bhp & 600 Nm.

The concept later on evolved into a prototype with slightly less power (560 bhp) and was supposed to go into limited-run production with a price tag at around $100,000, according to Johan de Nysschen who back in June when he was still at Infiniti said the company might "subsidize each car in order to keep it within reach."

At the moment of writing Infiniti hasn't issued any official response.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11412298...-could-be-axed
Old 12-29-14, 06:20 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm OK with that. The car is a M3 competitor priced like an M5. This is for the best. Focus on refreshing your current lineup and getting the main Q50 models up to par with the competition.
Old 12-29-14, 06:57 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find Johan to be a big talker... and that's about it.
Old 12-29-14, 09:49 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Infiniti has been managed so poorly, i think only Acura has them beat for ineptitude.

They had so much momentum 10yrs ago with the G35 sedan and coupe, FX35/45, and even the M35/45 did very well back then.

They are lost and have no competitive offerings really that set them apart.
Old 12-29-14, 11:06 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Infiniti has been managed so poorly, i think only Acura has them beat for ineptitude.

They had so much momentum 10yrs ago with the G35 sedan and coupe, FX35/45, and even the M35/45 did very well back then.

I don't think they're lost anymore. Their product pipeline is looking healthy. Once the lineup is refreshed (most of their lineup is quite old) I think we'll see them back where they should be.

In the next few years we'll have a new Q30 (new model line), Q80, QX30 (new model line), QX50, and QX70.
Old 12-29-14, 02:14 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

^
Problem is damage has already been done.
Its like they are right back where they were in early 2000s before the G35 came out.

What is their target market?
No defined philosophy, no halo car, and no flagship...
Old 12-29-14, 02:26 PM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

^
Its like they are right back where they were in early 2000s before the G35 came out.

Sounds a whole lot like a bunch of failing lux car brands...
Old 12-29-14, 02:46 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge
How can a car be axed when it was never produced..? (Its more like they don't have the resources to make it happen.. Just TALK a Big Game and don't come thru is more of the real truth in this topic"

IMO, they should just "Axe" the whole Q50.. I've driven it few times, and its quite a disappointment for a car that suppose to deliver in the "performance sedan" segment. (I've owned every G35/G37 variant)
Old 12-29-14, 02:48 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

^

We can agree to disagree then. I think the market is much more forgiving than you think. If Infiniti puts out solid product I have no doubt they'll find buyers. They'll be OK.

Also, the previously mentioned Q80 is their flagship. Last time talk emerged about Infiniti bringing a hybrid halo car it was mentioned that wouldn't be coming until 2017-2018 at the earliest, after their mainstream models were all replaced. Makes sense to me. A lull in competitiveness doesn't mean the company is doomed. Now if the next generation of vehicles is crap then I'll join your bandwagon.

Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4
How can a car be axed when it was never produced..? (Its more like they don't have the resources to make it happen.. Just TALK a Big Game and don't come thru is more of the real truth in this topic"

IMO, they should just "Axe" the whole Q50.. I've driven it few times, and its quite a disappointment for a car that suppose to deliver in the "performance sedan" segment. (I've owned every G35/G37 variant)

Or a new CEO came in. Just look at Audi- projects come and go REAL quick when CEO's change. Agree the Q50 needs a boost- the fundamentals are fine but its an absolute also-ran in the class. Unfortunately that won't be fixed until Infiniti's new engines are finished...and of course if they ever fix that steering system they force upon you in upper trims.

Last edited by TangoRed; 12-29-14 at 02:52 PM.
Old 12-29-14, 08:22 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I am a living example of how they have failed to keep their customer base. Our household owned 1 M45, 2 M35's and 2 FX35's over a 5-year period. We had no need to look elsewhere.

When the M37 came out it was all over for me. After trading my M35 and owning a few Audis, I decided on my '13 GS F Sport, which I've kept for almost 3 years. We still have a G37 Convertible, but that is because the lease was cheap for a tin-top car. That will probably go too when the lease is up. The service we receive from the dealership is still excellent and I love working with my salesperson, so I am still holding up hope that they will turn the brand around with the upcoming models.
Old 01-07-15, 11:52 AM
gymratter
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infiniti Q50 livery for BTCC revealed

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11501078...-btcc-revealed

Debuts at Autosport International Show

The recently founded Infiniti Support Our Paras Racing team has revealed the livery for their Q50 set to race in this year's BTCC.

Less than three months ago, Infiniti joined forces with Support Our Paras Racing to compete in the upcoming 2015 British Touring Car Championship and now the livery for the Q50 has been revealed. The race car will be shown in the flesh at Autosport International in Birmingham starting tomorrow until Sunday ahead of its racing debut on March 24 at Donington for the official pre-season test.

The Mallory Park-based Infiniti Support Our Paras Racing team is going to field two cars which will be driven by Derek Palmer junior and Richard Hawken. Team principal Derek Palmer senior says they are at an advanced stage in the build program of both cars which will wear a livery created to "contrast against the traditional branding schemes normally associated with the BTCC grid", according to Infiniti design director Simon ***. He went on to specify the livery reflects the company's dynamic qualities as well as the performances offered by the road-going Q50.
Old 01-27-15, 06:22 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge Not Happening?

Will focus on volume products

Today we bring bad news from Nissan as the company has apparently decided to postpone indefinitely the launch of exciting niche models previewed by concepts.

According to Automotive News Europe, sources within Nissan have announced plans to focus on volume products to boost market share of both Nissan and its premium marque Infiniti. As a consequence, interesting concepts such as the IDx and BladeGlider along with Infiniti's Q50 Eau Rouge are unlikely to see the light of production day in the near future.

There were some rumors about the Q50 Eau Rouge getting the axe and now it seems the model has been pushed back indefinitely. This comes somewhat as a surprise taking into account Infiniti has been playing the teasing game for quite some time with this model, featuring the Q50 ER in a variety of clips and photos. In addition, the car actually evolved from concept to prototype status and Infiniti even said it will hit limited-run production with an estimated $100,000 price tag..
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11501278...d-infiniti-eau
Old 01-27-15, 07:09 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Good. Infiniti needs to focus on revamping its entire lineup (+Q80) instead of this compromised Eau Rouge. They can worry about that later.

Quick Reply: Infiniti Q50 thread