Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti Q50 thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-13, 02:23 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

My sister in law works for Nissan Infiniti corporate and we all get VPP numbers which entitles us to 1500 below invoice on all Nissans and Infinitis except the GTR ( I checked lol). We used a VPP number to buy our two G35s and a Murano. worked well because you dont need to hagle. You know what the price is before you get there. Its all about dealing with the trade and doing the paper work.
Old 06-26-13, 02:26 PM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
My sister in law works for Nissan Infiniti corporate and we all get VPP numbers which entitles us to 1500 below invoice on all Nissans and Infinitis except the GTR ( I checked lol). We used a VPP number to buy our two G35s and a Murano. worked well because you dont need to hagle. You know what the price is before you get there. Its all about dealing with the trade and doing the paper work.
Thank you!

Do you think with a bit of Struggle it is possible to Negotiate 1500 below invoice ?
Old 06-26-13, 02:34 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Lexus Enform

Infiniti InTouch - That's cute, these naming schemes for Infotainment systems
Old 06-26-13, 02:47 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,097 Likes on 1,360 Posts

screen reflection makes it look curved.

don't care for 'panel' above glove box on passenger side.

no wood.
Old 06-26-13, 02:59 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Here is a review for the Q50

Old 06-26-13, 03:02 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

WOW I think Im sold on the new Q. We never take my LS anywhere so I have been thinking of going to something sportier and smaller. I was thinking the G37 coupe but I think this will give me more room for comfort and all the new new tech

Notice in the review they are comparing it to the Lexus GS450h.
Old 06-26-13, 03:21 PM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
WOW I think Im sold on the new Q. We never take my LS anywhere so I have been thinking of going to something sportier and smaller. I was thinking the G37 coupe but I think this will give me more room for comfort and all the new new tech

Notice in the review they are comparing it to the Lexus GS450h.
Not too sure how they can compare since none of them have driven it yet. But looks good and price is very appealing.
Old 06-26-13, 08:32 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,097 Likes on 1,360 Posts

great looking car!
Old 06-26-13, 08:48 PM
LexFather

I'm in contact with dealers to order one as a possible company car. Pricing is just really mind blowing considering the original car started at 28k or so, now it starts at 36k and the one of interest the sport is 43k or so. The option packages are 1.4k for Nav, then up to 7k loaded for a 50k sport. Likely will order a Sport/Nav. (yes I know more features/options but 50k for a G/Q is just mind blowing to me, I still am perplexed at 40k considering how much it shares with so many other vehicles). Its not just them though, the loaded IS 350 F sport I was messing with today had a sticker of 48k. Don't look at a 335 with options

Colors are dull, only a red/maroon brightens things up. Interior is drab as well, no red leather. Interior design seems fine if not very familiar. Since no one seems to have touched it no idea how well built it is or materials used.

It is odd there are no driving impressions outside of a couple of youtube vids. Lexus really went for the gusto releasing the IS pre-production then production so early and reviews have been glowing. Contrarily the Q50 is being released the same time and no one really knows anything about materials, the drive etc. Surely it will be fine but this is really a different approach to the past (for example you have to pre-order).

Personally the model of interest is the Q50S, 360hp and 30/36 or so MPG is pretty amazing. It is not GS 450h competition as their own M35h is GS 450h competition. Shame Lexus doesn't bring the IS 300h here. I think the hybrid might be a sweet spot if people can swallow paying 50k for a G/Q.

But that is the thing, no one does. I spoke to a local dealer and they told me 80% are leased. Once the leases are the usual aggressive $300-$400 range I can't see how this won't sell like hotcakes again, even with the confusing name change.

One thing they have done really well to me is offer the S model and AWD with both hybrid and non hybrid. They did a really good job offering those packages and AWD in all configurations. The styling to me is fine, I like how this looks, the Altima, the Maxima. I have heard quite a few people mention they thought it was a Lexus or it resembles a Lexus b/c of the grill. This will surely **** off fanboys who own G20s.

There isn't a bad car in this class it seems and it really is all about personal preference and payments. I am positive they will keep their core buyers and audience happy with this vehicle. From a value perspective at the 36k-42k range and the lease in the under $400 range (if they offer those aggressive deals) it will continue to be the best value in class and one of the best values to lease of any car at any price.

One thing. For all that internet arguing they dropped the manual.

Old 06-26-13, 08:49 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gengar
It's confusing primarily because Infiniti already had a Q - the Q45, which was Infiniti's flagship model until the mid-2000s and competed directly with the S/7/LS. I am still reading forum posts, comments on articles, assorted social media, etc. where people even today still think the Q50 is the successor to the Q45 (and as we know, it couldn't be further from what it actually is, as it's now what was the entry-level G).

I also see a lot of confusion about splitting off the G37 coupe to the Q60. I thought making the 3-series coupe the new 4-series was pretty silly, but even the 4 has many differences compared to the 3 sedan. For now, the Q60 is just going to be the G coupe rebadged! You'd think they would have just waited for the new one to come out before starting the new branding.

(BTW, in that first sentence I posted, I first typed "Audi" instead of "Infiniti" without thinking about it. Yikes. Guess that proves trexlexus' point.)
thank you for explaining my point of view

i did not know what their whole naming scheme was going to be so it wasnt making sense for me to think just Q50, M37, JX, QX...etc

i drove the M56 the other day, it already seemed dated compared to the 4th gen GS
what they do have going for them is the V8 where Lexus has taken it out of the GS lineup

I hope the M class (Q70) will get a refresh soon as it seems to be due for it even when it is only a few years into its cycle
Old 06-26-13, 09:35 PM
Sens4Miles
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Blueprint
I'm in contact with dealers to order one as a possible company car. Pricing is just really mind blowing considering the original car started at 28k or so, now it starts at 36k and the one of interest the sport is 43k or so.
That was a decade ago. There's this thing called inflation that raises the price of everything over the course of several years. There was also a time when you could get a new LS for $35k. Ah, the good ole days.

The option packages are 1.4k for Nav, then up to 7k loaded for a 50k sport. Likely will order a Sport/Nav. (yes I know more features/options but 50k for a G/Q is just mind blowing to me, I still am perplexed at 40k considering how much it shares with so many other vehicles).
The G is dead. This is a new model. What does the Q50 share with so many other vehicles that other manufacturers don't also share with their other vehicles? .. just curious.

Colors are dull, only a red/maroon brightens things up. Interior is drab as well, no red leather. Interior design seems fine if not very familiar. Since no one seems to have touched it no idea how well built it is or materials used.
I guess you didn't watch the video posted in this exact thread. I'll recap for you - The people that were inside the vehicle said that everything felt like "quality".

But that is the thing, no one does. I spoke to a local dealer and they told me 80% are leased. Once the leases are the usual aggressive $300-$400 range I can't see how this won't sell like hotcakes again, even with the confusing name change.
Ha, love the wording on this
Dropping those seeds left and right!

The styling to me is fine, I like how this looks, the Altima, the Maxima.
Me too. I also like how the ES350 looks, the Camry, the Avalon.

I have heard quite a few people mention they thought it was a Lexus or it resembles a Lexus b/c of the grill.
It looks nothing like a Lexus.

This will surely **** off fanboys who own G20s.
Old 06-26-13, 09:39 PM
Sens4Miles
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by UberNoob
i drove the M56 the other day, it already seemed dated compared to the 4th gen GS
what they do have going for them is the V8 where Lexus has taken it out of the GS lineup
And you can get that V8 in AWD as well...

I hope the M class (Q70) will get a refresh soon as it seems to be due for it even when it is only a few years into its cycle
Honestly, they should skip the refresh and just redesign it. The previous generation styling was a hit, but the current one doesn't have the same road presence. A larger, more aggressive version of the Q50 would be a good recipe for the Q70.
Old 06-26-13, 09:48 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Sens4Miles
That was a decade ago. There's this thing called inflation that raises the price of everything over the course of several years. There was also a time when you could get a new LS for $35k. Ah, the good ole days.
:
You own a G20? I am perplexed as you found time to completely break down my post to argue, throw rolleyes and make Lexus jabs on a Lexus forum. Maybe you missed the first sentence where I said I'm helping order the car.

Keep your condescending tone to yourself, no **** I know about inflation.
The G is dead. This is a new model. What does the Q50 share with so many other vehicles that other manufacturers don't also share with their other vehicles? .. just curious.:
G is dead, Skyline is alive, enter Q50. My reference is to how the car shares tons with the FM platform and engines with so many other vehicles. I would think the tremendous sharing would help keep the price low. However since you came to argue, you missed my posts where I said its the best value in class and one of the best at any price point.

Stop picking apart my posts just to argue.

I guess you didn't watch the video posted in this exact thread. I'll recap for you - The people that were inside the vehicle said that everything felt like "quality".:
Sure use ONE review overseas as some sort of standard be my guest.

For those enthusiasts that know better, we will look at a wide range of review as well as personal experience to come to a fair conclusion. And considering my word here is as good as it gets and people actually know me here for over a decade I think people are more apt to believe my thoughts.

Me too. I also like how the ES350 looks, the Camry, the Avalon.
Except they don't, you are just being anti Lexus and trolling. The Q50 has to look like those cars since it is still a Nissan in Japan and most markets. Sorry if you are mad they look alike. You missed where I said its a good looking car, like the Altima and Maxima. THey look great to me and seemingly most people

It looks nothing like a Lexus.

To you, I am posting what people in the industry and enthusiasts have told me. It is mostly the grill/front end that gets those comments.

Seriously just ignore my posts if they cause you some tremendous need to argue and bicker constantly.

Old 06-26-13, 09:50 PM
LexFather

thank you for explaining my point of view

i did not know what their whole naming scheme was going to be so it wasnt making sense for me to think just Q50, M37, JX, QX...etc

Yup you and Gengar are right in regards to the name and marketing. They have stated the new Infiniti turnaround plan is a 25 year one so maybe in 25 years it will finally make sense.

Sadly Infiniti has stated they are dropping V-8s.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/infinit...s-de-nysschen/

Old 06-26-13, 09:59 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Sweet looking car. I wish there were some driving impressions right now. Really like the wheel design. Probably the nicest ever for an Infiniti.

Quick Reply: Infiniti Q50 thread