Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti Q50 thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-13, 12:39 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

The naming convention isn't remotely confusing if you stop trying to find some type engine size logic in it. Just look at what gengar posted and forget everything else. Not that difficult.
Old 06-26-13, 01:31 PM
Sens4Miles
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TangoRed
The naming convention isn't remotely confusing if you stop trying to find some type engine size logic in it. Just look at what gengar posted and forget everything else. Not that difficult.
Seriously, I've never seen so many people "so confused" over a naming scheme
It took me all of 2 minutes to get it. Audi and Volvo have similar nomenclatures. It's very easy to understand why did this, as they have already explained this in great detail and it makes perfect sense.
Old 06-26-13, 01:49 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by TangoRed
It's confusing primarily because Infiniti already had a Q - the Q45, which was Infiniti's flagship model until the mid-2000s and competed directly with the S/7/LS. I am still reading forum posts, comments on articles, assorted social media, etc. where people even today still think the Q50 is the successor to the Q45 (and as we know, it couldn't be further from what it actually is, as it's now what was the entry-level G).

I also see a lot of confusion about splitting off the G37 coupe to the Q60. I thought making the 3-series coupe the new 4-series was pretty silly, but even the 4 has many differences compared to the 3 sedan. For now, the Q60 is just going to be the G coupe rebadged! You'd think they would have just waited for the new one to come out before starting the new branding.

(BTW, in that first sentence I posted, I first typed "Audi" instead of "Infiniti" without thinking about it. Yikes. Guess that proves trexlexus' point.)
Old 06-26-13, 02:03 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I think its very competitve and it will give the new IS a run for its money. I know some members will disagree but they have probably never driven an Infiniti. They are much more fun to drive, better handling, and they always have more power than what Toyota offers in its V6s. Welcome new Q !! could be my next car if I want a sedan. After owning my LS I know that Lexus doesnt make perfect cars either . I can get the Q at $1500 below invoice with family member discount. What I would suggest is to wait two years for them to get the bugs out or three years before they make the minor refresh and tweaks.
Old 06-26-13, 02:04 PM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Q50 Hybrid features one of the fastest accelerating hybrid engines and

Exactly how fast ? Faster than GS450 H ?

If it is faster, and with this price, I will be buying one Mehehe
Old 06-26-13, 02:04 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by gengar
It's confusing primarily because Infiniti already had a Q - the Q45, which was Infiniti's flagship model until the mid-2000s and competed directly with the S/7/LS. I am still reading forum posts, comments on articles, assorted social media, etc. where people even today still think the Q50 is the successor to the Q45 (and as we know, it couldn't be further from what it actually is, as it's now what was the entry-level G).

I also see a lot of confusion about splitting off the G37 coupe to the Q60. I thought making the 3-series coupe the new 4-series was pretty silly, but even the 4 has many differences compared to the 3 sedan. For now, the Q60 is just going to be the G coupe rebadged! You'd think they would have just waited for the new one to come out before starting the new branding.

(BTW, in that first sentence I posted, I first typed "Audi" instead of "Infiniti" without thinking about it. Yikes. Guess that proves trexlexus' point.)
That's fine, but after 2 seconds of investigation if you have half a brain you should be able to figure it out. The presence of the Q70 alone should tell you that they have obviously started doing something new.
Old 06-26-13, 02:06 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Whitigir
The Q50 Hybrid features one of the fastest accelerating hybrid engines and

Exactly how fast ? Faster than GS450 H ?

If it is faster, and with this price, I will be buying one Mehehe
when it comes to straight performance in this segment I would bet on Infiniti to perform better. MPG will be the worst though usually
Old 06-26-13, 02:08 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

The hybrid sport S version costs less than my standard normally aspirated GS350. It is a performance bargain as usual at Infiniti. I am excited to see it in the flesh and take a test drive. Thankfully if I want one I can get a great deal. First of all I need to see if I fit comfortably
Old 06-26-13, 02:08 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

couldn't really care less what it's called, but it seems impressive.
Old 06-26-13, 02:09 PM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
when it comes to straight performance in this segment I would bet on Infiniti to perform better. MPG will be the worst though usually
If it can do 36 MPG highway, I don't think that is too bad. Usually City Milage is > Highway in Hybrids right ? Or it won't be much less.

I Assume even 33/36 for city/HW that is Great...unless they Lie
Old 06-26-13, 02:10 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I bet the hybrid has close HP number to my LS and will end up getting twice the mpgs. Thats a big deal when you consider the price , performance, and options. I could save a lot of gas money and throw it towards something else . Interesting.
Old 06-26-13, 02:11 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

interior looks a little, um, funky...

Old 06-26-13, 02:14 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I would trade my LS for that. I love the LS but I want some handling next time around. I also remember how fast the G37 sedan was when I used to drive them . Great fun. The kind of fun where you floor it on the freeway and scream WOOHOO as you pass every single car on the road. I miss my old G. If this is 2 generations ahead of what I owned this thing is going to be fun fun fun
Old 06-26-13, 02:16 PM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the picture...but why are there so many buttons ? I hate complications in Automobile. I love the simplicity Lexus is heading toward...unlike Acura....I hope Infinity isnt doing the same thing
Old 06-26-13, 02:17 PM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
The hybrid sport S version costs less than my standard normally aspirated GS350. It is a performance bargain as usual at Infiniti. I am excited to see it in the flesh and take a test drive. Thankfully if I want one I can get a great deal. First of all I need to see if I fit comfortably
May I know how, and which dealer you may get a good deal of ? I may be looking for one. I was debating WRX or IS....but with this price range....both are outa the window

Quick Reply: Infiniti Q50 thread