Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Woman And Husband Die In Horrific Parking Accident In China

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-13, 09:03 PM
Stormwind
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
how do you apply that to a lot of drivers in CA?
Same thing here, just change the number from a couple hundred million to tens of thousand.
Old 06-25-13, 09:10 PM
Stormwind
Racer

Originally Posted by dmvp29
Warning: NOT SAFE FOR WORK. DO NOT VIEW IF YOU FEEL UNEASY ABOUT SEEING A DEAD, BLOODY BODY.

Here's an actual picture of the aftermath. Obviously I'm not going to inline it, you'll have to click the link to see it -
Wow something don't add up in that pic. How can the guy's head have that much blood when it's his lower body that gets crushed and how can the women crush her head when there are that much room between the door and the wall?

It almost look like the government assassinated those people and made some S** up about some parking accident.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 06-26-13 at 09:09 AM. Reason: removed graphic link
Old 06-26-13, 05:03 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
standing behind a car with a wall behind you guiding a new driver? do people have common sense anymore?
if you look at the graphic pic he was killed at the divider not the back wall.
Old 06-26-13, 09:01 AM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i saw this story on facebook and was horrified for the child. That will traumatize her for life...
Old 06-26-13, 09:13 AM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

Pretty scary that I see this almost everyday here in socal.

That picture looks really weird...like it was 2 pictures superimposed into 1 picture.
I thought the husband was standing behind the car...he looks like he's slumped in the front seat

And wasn't she supposed to be IN the driver's seat with her head pin against the door and wall?

Story doesn't add up somewhere

Originally Posted by TLe2006
i guess rx doesn't come with a rear backup camera in china.
Doesn't matter if it did. I'd say it takes a lot more to practice to look at the camera while reversing WHILE slowly guiding with your foot on the brake.

Most people are still confused with the gas and brake...I don't think they'll even be coordinated enough to do all this
Old 06-26-13, 09:33 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek

That picture looks really weird...like it was 2 pictures superimposed into 1 picture.
I thought the husband was standing behind the car...he looks like he's slumped in the front seat

And wasn't she supposed to be IN the driver's seat with her head pin against the door and wall?

Doesn't matter if it did. I'd say it takes a lot more to practice to look at the camera while reversing WHILE slowly guiding with your foot on the brake.

Most people are still confused with the gas and brake...I don't think they'll even be coordinated enough to do all this
Some of the details of exactly how the accident occured are probably lost or distorted during the translation, that's my guess, I know how well some Chinese stories can be translated into English there
Old 06-26-13, 09:40 AM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Some of the details of exactly how the accident occured are probably lost or distorted during the translation, that's my guess, I know how well some Chinese stories can be translated into English there
Not to be a heartless bastard in this situation, but you mean Engrish???
(please delete if it's tasteless)

Old 06-26-13, 09:48 AM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Stormwind
Wow something don't add up in that pic. How can the guy's head have that much blood when it's his lower body that gets crushed and how can the women crush her head when there are that much room between the door and the wall?

It almost look like the government assassinated those people and made some S** up about some parking accident.
If your crushed to death, everything gets forced up out through your eyes, ears, nose and mouth, this is sad but obviously these 2 were not meant to be here any longer
Old 06-26-13, 10:07 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek

This is why I never park inside the parking lot of all Asian's establishments, mainly 99 Ranch market. All those newly licensed fresh off the boat folks would ram your car without even acknowledging it.

This is why we need autonomous car, is to help these clueless people.

And to think that there are many ultra wealthy folks in China that own ultra powerful hypercar but have no driving skills, oh boy!! Don't know how to control a 1000+ hp car is not funny

Last edited by BNR34; 06-26-13 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-26-13, 10:16 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

what a freaky accident
i got goose bumps from just reading the post
Old 06-26-13, 10:37 AM
Stormwind
Racer

Originally Posted by BNR34

And to think that there are many ultra wealthy folks in China that own ultra powerful hypercar but have no driving skills, oh boy!! Don't know how to control a 1000+ hp car is not funny
Those people are not the problem they will just pay you out with enough cash to buy you a new car...it's those with pos camrys that will try to hit and run.
Old 06-26-13, 10:44 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormwind
Those people are not the problem they will just pay you out with enough cash to buy you a new car...it's those with pos camrys that will try to hit and run.
Hyper cars owners in China are mostly corrupted government official that can do whatever they want, why would they give you money if they don't have to?

They own the law, the court and the judge..........go ahead and try to sue them
Old 06-26-13, 10:49 AM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

gawd damn, what a horrific accident. very sad for the child. really scary how many incompetent drivers there are out there. everyday there are at least a few morons i encounter who drive like traffic laws don't apply to them.
Old 06-26-13, 01:03 PM
trexlexus
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gs3tek

Originally Posted by stormwind

For all of you guys who can't picture how the situation went down, I THINK I have mapped out a very close scenario of what happened.

The maroon represents the RX, the maroon arrow curving into the parking spot shows the attempted entry of the vehicle. The green dot is the husband guiding the vehicle from the CORNER of the wall. As the vehicle backed in, the woman pinned the husband to the corner.

When she heard the yells, she accidently reversed INTO the husband, effectively impaling/shoving him into the corner, killing him (red star). She then took the same route of exit as entry. Her head was sticking out so she didn't see the wall closing in on her as the vehicle moved forward, so it probably crushed half of her face.

She was still conscious at that time so she managed to crawl out of the vehicle onto the floor (the blue star)

The yellow star is the little girl still inside the vehicle.

Maybe I missed something, but that is what I got out of it.

Truly a terrible moment for this family.
Old 06-26-13, 04:03 PM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by trexlexus
For all of you guys who can't picture how the situation went down, I THINK I have mapped out a very close scenario of what happened.

The maroon represents the RX, the maroon arrow curving into the parking spot shows the attempted entry of the vehicle. The green dot is the husband guiding the vehicle from the CORNER of the wall. As the vehicle backed in, the woman pinned the husband to the corner.

When she heard the yells, she accidently reversed INTO the husband, effectively impaling/shoving him into the corner, killing him (red star). She then took the same route of exit as entry. Her head was sticking out so she didn't see the wall closing in on her as the vehicle moved forward, so it probably crushed half of her face.

She was still conscious at that time so she managed to crawl out of the vehicle onto the floor (the blue star)

The yellow star is the little girl still inside the vehicle.

Maybe I missed something, but that is what I got out of it.

Truly a terrible moment for this family.
Yeah this is probably what happened.

Quick Reply: Woman And Husband Die In Horrific Parking Accident In China