Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Top Gear Season 20 coming June 30

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-13, 08:17 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Gear Season 20 coming June 30

Top Gear is coming back on June 30 according to finalgear.com

get your PVRs ready!

they are doing at least 6 shows this year
cant wait
life seems to be missing quite a bit of entertainment when they are off the air
lol

season 20 trailer here:

Last edited by UberNoob; 06-25-13 at 02:40 PM.
Old 06-16-13, 09:33 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

im glad you posted this. I was curious to when they would be back on air
Old 06-17-13, 01:29 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Let's face it, the TG trio is getting old (age-wise). I think 6 shows in a season just goes to show that they may not be around for much longer or at least the gap in between seasons is going to be much longer.

In the meantime, TG America is starting to grow on me. Say what you want about the cast, but I feel they are slowly forming their own unique chemistry. Coupled with the fact that almost all of their one hour shows are filmed much like the TG UK specials, it's a great side distractions while we wait (im)patiently for the likes of Jeremy, James and Richard to return.
Old 06-17-13, 05:06 AM
UZJ100GXR
Lead Lap

They are getting a new reasonably priced car!
Old 06-17-13, 06:30 AM
SteVTEC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Kaydee
Let's face it, the TG trio is getting old (age-wise). I think 6 shows in a season just goes to show that they may not be around for much longer or at least the gap in between seasons is going to be much longer.

In the meantime, TG America is starting to grow on me. Say what you want about the cast, but I feel they are slowly forming their own unique chemistry. Coupled with the fact that almost all of their one hour shows are filmed much like the TG UK specials, it's a great side distractions while we wait (im)patiently for the likes of Jeremy, James and Richard to return.
Good point on TG America. I've watched every episode of TG UK up through maybe 16 or 17 or so (I'm a few seasons behind), and it took them a couple of seasons to develop the chemistry that they have too. James May didn't even start until the 2nd season. I watched the first few episodes of TG America and wasn't very impressed, but I'll be sure to check it out again. I agree also, the TG UK trio is getting a bit stale. They've peaked already imho. I can't remember the exact season numbers, but I felt they were really great starting at seasons 6 or 7 and then up through the low-teens. I was laid up on medical two years ago and watched all of the seasons at the time from the beginning to current to help pass the time, so it was easier to see and notice.
Old 06-17-13, 11:58 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

20 years!! Wonder what's in store!!
Old 06-17-13, 12:07 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
20 years!! Wonder what's in store!!
TG in its current format hasn't been around 20 years. The way they count seasons is the 10 episodes they do in the fall is one season, then the 10 episodes they do in the spring is the next season(or series as the Brits call it).

The humor has gotten a bit stale though. Still the best part of that show that always keeps me coming back for more is the super-car coverage. I wouldn't know what the heck a Pagani Zonda is if it weren't for that show.
Old 06-17-13, 12:49 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

glad its back on. The last season was a disappointment . It was only 5-6 episodes and only 2-3 were any good. I loved the episode with the LFA, Viper, and Vanquish. It was epic but the season left me wanting more.
Old 06-17-13, 12:55 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Considering that anyone who has watched all of TG UK knows that the US version is simply recreating the challenges, it's hard to screw up copying something that was successful to the same audience already. Other than the fact I can't stand the US version hosts....... it's the right recipe.
Old 06-17-13, 02:29 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Considering that anyone who has watched all of TG UK knows that the US version is simply recreating the challenges, it's hard to screw up copying something that was successful to the same audience already. Other than the fact I can't stand the US version hosts....... it's the right recipe.
I didnt like the hosts , other than Tanner Foust, but the chemistry has been getting better and they seem more comfortable and friendly with each other
Old 06-17-13, 07:59 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

6 episodes are confirmed by outsiders thus far
internally they probably have been approved the whole season already

if I was any of them 3, i would enjoy my job immensely despite of those special trips to the middle East, Arctic, South America, Africa in grueling conditions
Old 06-18-13, 12:42 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

since when has a season become 6 episodes ???
Old 06-18-13, 01:56 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

It's been more or less the general format by the time the 12th or 13th season came around. The one thing TG UK has going other TGs haven't got is the way the Jeremy, James and Richard come up with commentary that is original and refreshing. I think the fact that each of them has a journalism and reporting background has a lot to do with it. When you look at Tanner, Adam or Rut interviews a celebrity in their 'Big stars small car" segment, I always found the conversation between the participants to be a bit forced and thus awkward, especially in earlier seasons.

But in all honesty, I do enjoy the US specials more than I do the Uk specials. I don't know why; maybe it's because they do more of it, or maybe it's because the hosts always play the 'ignorant American' card.
Old 06-18-13, 05:57 AM
quick123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I can't wait for the new season of TG UK, nothing like the original...and I like that they are getting older, it's kinda turning into Grumpier Old Men, LOL

I do have to say that the US version is growing on me, I just wish that Adam and Rutledge were better drivers...that is what I am liking about now having 5th Gear to watch, 3 of the 4 are professional drivers...
Old 06-18-13, 06:01 AM
SteVTEC
Lexus Test Driver

TG UK really could use a fourth female host.

I still remember a few years back that Richard Hammond was practically begging Angelina Jolie to come on the show and be a host. There were more than a few skits about that. I think it'd be neat.

Quick Reply: Top Gear Season 20 coming June 30