Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Toyota Supra ready for its retrospective video closeup

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-13, 12:48 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Toyota Supra ready for its retrospective video closeup

Toyota Supra ready for its retrospective video closeup

Our friends at XCAR have taken the time to train their lenses on the iconic Toyota Supra. With Toyota finally back into the performance car game, it seems only logical to remember one of the brand's most legendary sports cars. While we're all busy ladling praise onto the Scion FR-S and Subaru BRZ twins, it's important to remember that Toyota used to produce all manner of fun-to-drive machinery. The Supra once sat at the top of that list, its most recent iteration giving buyers the option of a ludicrous forced-induction inline six, gorgeous styling and plenty of presence.

Of course, the legend didn't stop once the Supra fell off American order sheets in 1998. Always an aftermarket darling, the Supra has gone on to become a tuner favorite in nearly every corner of grassroots motorsport. From drag racing to road racing and everywhere in between, the Supra is remains a force to be reckoned with nearly 15 years after it last prowled the US auto market.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/05/20/t...video-closeup/
Old 05-21-13, 01:00 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

cool story!!
Old 05-21-13, 01:24 PM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't wait for the new Supra concept to be Shown ! I hope it stays around 50-70k ....At least I can dream!
Old 05-21-13, 01:54 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice story, I understand its a castrol replica but should do that Supra a favor and fix its styling.
Old 03-17-15, 07:31 PM
gymratter
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Farewell to unique Toyota Supra

This 1996 Toyota Supra was part of the Toyota UK heritage press fleet until it auctioned off recently as part of Toyota’s efforts to raise money for Red Nose Day.

But before we said our farewells to the car, which replicates the Castrol liveried car of the Supra in Gran Turismo, photographer Nick Williams did one final photoshoot and came up with these stunning shots.

We asked Nick why he wanted to to photograph the car.

“This car launched the creative spark for me eight years ago,” explained Nick. “I saw the Supra at an event at Goodwood house and as soon as I had spotted it I had a flashback to when I used to race the Castrol liveried TOM’s Toyota Supra in Gran Turismo. So much of my youth was spent on my PlayStation and it was always the Supra that grabbed my heart.

“It was at that Goodwood event when I discovered I wanted to combine my love for art and photography with my passion for cars.”

And this is the photo that kickstarted Nick on his career path.

The Supra is one of the last of the UK models, a 1996 version that’s beefed up with a host of performance components. The 3.0-litre in-line six engine produces around 370bhp, driving the rear wheels through a four-speed auto ‘box.

The car also has a HKS front mounted intercooler, Samco water and boost hoses, a Blitz SUS air filter, Blitz Nur Spec-R cat back stainless exhaust system, and Blitz Super-sound blow-off valve.

The 5×19 Ace 130 alloys are fitted with 235/35×19 tyres. There is a full body kit, including boot spoiler, plus lowered suspension using Eibach dampers.

In the cabin there is a matching full-leather interior and a powerful Kenwood audio system feeding a suite of Memphis speakers via a 2,000W class D amplifier.

More details on auction will be announced soon.
http://blog.toyota.co.uk/farewell-to...e-toyota-supra

Old 03-17-15, 07:40 PM
gymratter
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gran Turismo Supra and rally-bred Toyota Picnic up for Red Nose Day auction

Lovers of Toyota rarities and exotica have the chance to own a piece of motoring history in a charity auction for Comic Relief.

Toyota, an official partner to Red Nose Day, is inviting bids for two unique models from its UK heritage collection: a Supra, fully kitted and liveried to match the world-famous Sony Gran Turismo car; and a wild version of the 1990s Picnic MPV, packing a rally-bred 2.0-litre turbo engine.

It’s hoped the mean machines’ unique qualities will attract plenty of interest and boost Toyota’s mission to raise £1 million to support Comic Relief’s great work in the UK and Africa.

Scott Brownlee, Toyota’s General Manager said: “This is a truly one-off opportunity that we hope will attract lots of attention from the legions of Toyota fans. Both cars were developed here in the UK to demonstrate a more off-beat, street-savvy side to the brand.”

The auction is being hosted on the Pistonheads website, where eager bidders can offer their best price. Bidding has opened and will continue through to 13 March, when the winners will be announced.

The Supra is one of the last of the UK models, a 1996 version that’s beefed up with a host of performance components. The 3.0-litre in-line six engine produces around 370bhp, driving the rear wheels through a four-speed auto ‘box. The 5×19 Ace 130 alloys are fitted with 235/35×19 tyres. There is a full body kit, including boot spoiler, plus lowered suspension using Eibach dampers.

The looks match the muscle: the Supra is finished in full Castrol racing livery to replicate the look of the world-famous Gran Turismo game car. In the cabin there is a matching full-leather interior and a powerful Kenwood audio system feeding a suite of Memphis speakers via a 2,000W class D amplifier.
http://blog.toyota.co.uk/gran-turism...se-day-auction