Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

4/19/13 9PM EDT *LIVE* from NYC: Lexus Design Matters Event - Hosted by Akio Toyoda

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-13, 10:51 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts
Exclamation 4/19/13 9PM EDT *LIVE* from NYC: Lexus Design Matters Event - Hosted by Akio Toyoda

Be sure to tune in tomorrow to watch Akio Toyoda talk about how “Design Matters” and the future direction of Lexus. Don't miss out on this historic event. You can watch it live here!

Friday, April 19, 2013, 9 PM EDT
New York City

Want a window into Lexus’ global commitment to design? Watch as our future unfolds LIVE from New York City. (CLICK ON LINK BELOW):

http://new.livestream.com/Lexus/designmattersparty

#LDesign

Courtesy of Lexus

(Mods: Please do not merge)

Live pics from the event:

For those that missed the livestream, you can watch the rebroadcast here:

http://new.livestream.com/Lexus/desi...ideos/16824052

Last edited by flipside909; 04-19-13 at 06:50 PM.
Old 04-19-13, 07:52 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Event starts later this evening. Make sure to tune in live!
Old 04-19-13, 06:20 PM
bagyo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw it. Looks like an artsy, classy event; but what does it have do with building luxury cars?
Old 04-19-13, 08:00 PM
Stormwind
Racer

Instead of wasting money on stupid events like this why not spend that $$ to hire some real designers? They did it with the 1st gen sc and 1st gen gs so they are capable of making something original but now they seems to like to waste it on fluff marketing.
Old 04-19-13, 08:08 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,095 Likes on 1,358 Posts

wooden robot is cooool
Old 04-19-13, 08:50 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormwind
Instead of wasting money on stupid events like this why not spend that $$ to hire some real designers? They did it with the 1st gen sc and 1st gen gs so they are capable of making something original but now they seems to like to waste it on fluff marketing.
Audi does it all the time. Case in point, Audi sponsors annual fashion design showcases in my country which have NOTHING to do with making cars while BMW sponsors TED events.

So what you say should be applied to the car industry in general.....

Besides, ever heard of cross pollination of ideas? Some of the best inventions in history came from working in seemingly unrelated fields.
Old 04-19-13, 09:23 PM
Stormwind
Racer

Originally Posted by natnut
Audi does it all the time. Case in point, Audi sponsors annual fashion design showcases in my country which have NOTHING to do with making cars while BMW sponsors TED events.

So what you say should be applied to the car industry in general.....

Besides, ever heard of cross pollination of ideas? Some of the best inventions in history came from working in seemingly unrelated fields.
While there is nothing wrong with a little publicity and marketing Audi, along with Bmw also came up with some of the best designs in the industry so they are not just all talk but backed it up with something real.

Akio likes to let people believe he is not boring he is an exciting executive talks about enthusiastic things, he is a gear head, etc, etc. Build up all this excitment and the only thing out of his mouth is he is building es350 in the US, yeah real excitment there.
Old 04-19-13, 09:40 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

While there is nothing wrong with a little publicity and marketing Audi, along with Bmw also came up with some of the best designs in the industry so they are not just all talk but backed it up with something real.

Akio likes to let people believe he is not boring he is an exciting executive talks about enthusiastic things, he is a gear head, etc, etc. Build up all this excitment and the only thing out of his mouth is he is building es350 in the US, yeah real excitment there.
You can ignore the new 3IS and 4GS too... or what you want to hear is Toyota roadmap and future product announcement? We already know what the future holds for Lexus, why do you need to keep getting informed about old news?
Old 04-20-13, 12:07 AM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The best thing to come out of this is seeing Akio Toyoda in a bow tie. Just kidding.

I am deeply interested in the design world, working in architecture, and I'm happy to see Lexus taking a more involved role, not just in car design, but in general. I respect the work of Masamichi Katayama of Wonderwall (I suggest viewing their awesome website here) so I'm glad Lexus is using some of the best out there for interior and pavilion design. The idea of many "INTERSECTS" around the world is intriguing to me, I hope I could visit one here in the US. I've always thought Lexus should build an iconic building designed by Japanese architects sort of like the BMW Welt and Mercedes Museum in Germany which are designed by German architects. This is somewhat of a step towards that, I hope it leads to an iconic Lexus "core" building.
Old 04-20-13, 03:47 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Basically you're giving Audi/BMW a free pass because IN YOUR OPINION, BMW/Audi makes better car designs than Lexus, so their non-car related endeavors are credible but because you're a hater of Lexus design, when Lexus does the same thing that is not directly car-related, it's irrelevant and resource wasting?

Talk about circular logic. Seems like Lexus can't ever win with you. I notice a pattern with your posts. You post inflammatory anti-Lexus diatribes that often get deleted or you're ordered to exit some message threads but you keep coming back to rinse and repeat.