Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > General Forums > Car Chat
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

4/19/13 9PM EDT *LIVE* from NYC: Lexus Design Matters Event - Hosted by Akio Toyoda

Old 04-18-13, 10:51 AM   #1
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur
Trader Score: (0)

KaizenFactor kaizenfactor kaizenfactor
Exclamation 4/19/13 9PM EDT *LIVE* from NYC: Lexus Design Matters Event - Hosted by Akio Toyoda

Be sure to tune in tomorrow to watch Akio Toyoda talk about how “Design Matters” and the future direction of Lexus. Don't miss out on this historic event. You can watch it live here!

Friday, April 19, 2013, 9 PM EDT
New York City

Click the image to open in full size.

Want a window into Lexus’ global commitment to design? Watch as our future unfolds LIVE from New York City. (CLICK ON LINK BELOW):

http://new.livestream.com/Lexus/designmattersparty

#LDesign

Courtesy of Lexus

(Mods: Please do not merge)

Live pics from the event:

For those that missed the livestream, you can watch the rebroadcast here:

http://new.livestream.com/Lexus/desi...ideos/16824052
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

Toyota, Lexus, Scion Connoisseur

Last edited by flipside909; 04-19-13 at 06:50 PM..
flipside909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-13, 07:52 AM   #2
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

KaizenFactor kaizenfactor kaizenfactor

Event starts later this evening. Make sure to tune in live!

Toyota, Lexus, Scion Connoisseur
flipside909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-13, 06:20 PM   #3
bagyo
Driver

Saw it. Looks like an artsy, classy event; but what does it have do with building luxury cars?
bagyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-13, 08:00 PM   #4
Stormwind
Lexus Test Driver

Instead of wasting money on stupid events like this why not spend that $$ to hire some real designers? They did it with the 1st gen sc and 1st gen gs so they are capable of making something original but now they seems to like to waste it on fluff marketing.
Stormwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-13, 08:08 PM   #5
bitkahuna
resisting entropy
Trader Score: (15)

wooden robot is cooool
TLN #911 * Stop Global Whining
9/11- never forget
bitkahuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-13, 08:50 PM   #6
natnut
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormwind View Post
Instead of wasting money on stupid events like this why not spend that $$ to hire some real designers? They did it with the 1st gen sc and 1st gen gs so they are capable of making something original but now they seems to like to waste it on fluff marketing.
Audi does it all the time. Case in point, Audi sponsors annual fashion design showcases in my country which have NOTHING to do with making cars while BMW sponsors TED events.

So what you say should be applied to the car industry in general.....

Besides, ever heard of cross pollination of ideas? Some of the best inventions in history came from working in seemingly unrelated fields.
Brakes : Racingbrake 2 piece slotted rotors(front)
Engine : Torquemaster Star series spark plugs
Cosmetics/Interior : PIAA Super Tera H-458 wedge lights, Chrome Trunk Bar, Borla exhaust tips,Blitz cabin filter, Luxer LEDs interior lighting,RMM Grille,TTE Trunk Spoiler
natnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-13, 09:23 PM   #7
Stormwind
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by natnut View Post
Audi does it all the time. Case in point, Audi sponsors annual fashion design showcases in my country which have NOTHING to do with making cars while BMW sponsors TED events.

So what you say should be applied to the car industry in general.....

Besides, ever heard of cross pollination of ideas? Some of the best inventions in history came from working in seemingly unrelated fields.
While there is nothing wrong with a little publicity and marketing Audi, along with Bmw also came up with some of the best designs in the industry so they are not just all talk but backed it up with something real.

Akio likes to let people believe he is not boring he is an exciting executive talks about enthusiastic things, he is a gear head, etc, etc. Build up all this excitment and the only thing out of his mouth is he is building es350 in the US, yeah real excitment there.
Stormwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-13, 09:40 PM   #8
cino
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (1)

Quote:
While there is nothing wrong with a little publicity and marketing Audi, along with Bmw also came up with some of the best designs in the industry so they are not just all talk but backed it up with something real.

Akio likes to let people believe he is not boring he is an exciting executive talks about enthusiastic things, he is a gear head, etc, etc. Build up all this excitment and the only thing out of his mouth is he is building es350 in the US, yeah real excitment there.
You can ignore the new 3IS and 4GS too... or what you want to hear is Toyota roadmap and future product announcement? We already know what the future holds for Lexus, why do you need to keep getting informed about old news?
cino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-13, 12:07 AM   #9
mordecai
Lead Lap

The best thing to come out of this is seeing Akio Toyoda in a bow tie. Just kidding.

I am deeply interested in the design world, working in architecture, and I'm happy to see Lexus taking a more involved role, not just in car design, but in general. I respect the work of Masamichi Katayama of Wonderwall (I suggest viewing their awesome website here) so I'm glad Lexus is using some of the best out there for interior and pavilion design. The idea of many "INTERSECTS" around the world is intriguing to me, I hope I could visit one here in the US. I've always thought Lexus should build an iconic building designed by Japanese architects sort of like the BMW Welt and Mercedes Museum in Germany which are designed by German architects. This is somewhat of a step towards that, I hope it leads to an iconic Lexus "core" building.
mordecai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-13, 03:47 AM   #10
natnut
Lexus Champion

Quote:

Basically you're giving Audi/BMW a free pass because IN YOUR OPINION, BMW/Audi makes better car designs than Lexus, so their non-car related endeavors are credible but because you're a hater of Lexus design, when Lexus does the same thing that is not directly car-related, it's irrelevant and resource wasting?

Talk about circular logic. Seems like Lexus can't ever win with you. I notice a pattern with your posts. You post inflammatory anti-Lexus diatribes that often get deleted or you're ordered to exit some message threads but you keep coming back to rinse and repeat.
Brakes : Racingbrake 2 piece slotted rotors(front)
Engine : Torquemaster Star series spark plugs
Cosmetics/Interior : PIAA Super Tera H-458 wedge lights, Chrome Trunk Bar, Borla exhaust tips,Blitz cabin filter, Luxer LEDs interior lighting,RMM Grille,TTE Trunk Spoiler
natnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-13, 03:47 AM

Tags
13, 19, apr, city, design, event, lexus, live, mattera, matters, nyc, pictures, special, stream, york