Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Honda Accord uses Lexus check mark LED DRL!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-13, 07:11 PM
Sens4Miles
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trexlexus
And i agree that it is very easy to confuse an oncoming 2013 Accord V6 front end with an oncoming Lexus GS in your rearview mirror.
Except the Accord looks better... (imo of course)
Old 03-26-13, 07:22 PM
trexlexus
Pole Position

To each his own, Sens4. I peersonally prefer the GS appearance. There is too much "stuff" on the front of the Accord. The GS front fascia isn't as busy. Sure there is the spindle grille, but that is starting to grow on me, and it seems to flow very well with the rest of the car. As long as it is not as strong as on the IS, the spindle looks nice.

But seriously though, noone else thinks that LED DRLs on mainstream cars looks gaudy/out-of-place?
Old 03-26-13, 07:35 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormwind
If we let this go unscathed the terrorists would have won.

If we all accept this knockoff practice, which unfortunately is generally accepted in Asia, we will see cars everywhere with generic cookie cutter styling that will bore your socks off. Which already is rampant everywhere in Japan's domestic market and even worst in China.
Not necessarily. If any of them were smart (which some are) they would break the mold. They know polarizing styling draws attention regardless of if it's negative or positive

Originally Posted by IS350jet
Not really. This design is on the Coupe only, the LED's on the sedan look nothing like this.
I don't know about you, but I don't find that aesthetically pleasing at all. Looks tacky IMO
Old 03-26-13, 07:44 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Sens4Miles
Except the Accord looks better... (imo of course)
To people who think fridges are badass. the GS is for people with some taste and *****. Now lets focus on how they ripped the LEDs from Lexus since the 2009 IS.

Old 03-26-13, 07:50 PM
Sens4Miles
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Blueprint
To people who think fridges are badass. the GS is for people with some taste and *****. Now lets focus on how they ripped the LEDs from Lexus since the 2009 IS.
Sorry to disappoint, but not a fan of the new GS styling. The rear looks worse to me than the front, yet the front of the new Accord still looks better than the front of the GS. The GS just looks boring from the rear and overdone in the front, imo. The Accord is a solid design and looks almost classy, yet not boring or stale or overdone - it's just right
Old 03-26-13, 08:41 PM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That pic the OP posted surprises me, as I know the LED strip in the Accord doesn't include the swoosh at the beginning unlike in Lexus where the whole check or stylized L-shaped LED strip lights up. The Accord is a very handsome looking car, easily one of the best in its class. From some angles and trims it looks like a BMW.
Old 03-26-13, 08:44 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by mordecai
That pic the OP posted surprises me, as I know the LED strip in the Accord doesn't include the swoosh at the beginning unlike in Lexus where the whole check or stylized L-shaped LED strip lights up. The Accord is a very handsome looking car, easily one of the best in its class. From some angles and trims it looks like a BMW.
Very subjective. The Accord is nice, but the Mazda6, Fusion and Altima are all excellent looking as well
Old 03-26-13, 08:47 PM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's why I said "one of the best" as that segment is very competitive design-wise and I agree that those cars are also "among the best in its class" along with the Accord. And of course it's subjective, I was stating my opinion, not a fact.
Old 03-26-13, 08:58 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Sens4Miles
Sorry to disappoint, but not a fan of the new GS styling. The rear looks worse to me than the front, yet the front of the new Accord still looks better than the front of the GS. The GS just looks boring from the rear and overdone in the front, imo. The Accord is a solid design and looks almost classy, yet not boring or stale or overdone - it's just right
This is utterly ridiculous and your usual anti Lexus rant. A fuxking accord is well done and looks classy and the Gs looks boring?

Stop hanging out with snoop dogg smoking. Enjoy your fridge.

And FYI I think the accord looks good and make Acura lineup look utterly terrible.

Old 03-26-13, 09:06 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,096 Likes on 1,359 Posts

the GS is for people with some taste and *****
would enjoy seeing lexus run with that as an advertising slogan.
Old 03-26-13, 09:17 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
here here
Old 03-26-13, 09:21 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Would be better than the Christmas bow ads!
Old 03-26-13, 11:00 PM
trexlexus
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SaigaX
Would be better than the Christmas bow ads!
Lexus, dont you DARE go there.

That song that comes on during those winter wonderland times rings your name in my head.

For that matter, i cant think of any other auto company that has a theme song. Kia's dancing rodents dont count.
Old 03-26-13, 11:28 PM
Sens4Miles
Lead Lap

This is utterly ridiculous and your usual anti Lexus rant. A fuxking accord is well done and looks classy and the Gs looks boring?
I said the rear of the GS looks boring. It does not stand out in a sea of cars on the highway. I see them sometimes around here and they just don't have the presence on the road that screams "luxury" to me. It's styling is too bland from behind compared to other cars in its class (and in some cases below its class, such as the Accord). The front is the complete opposite - it screams for attention. But imo, it's screaming for the wrong kind of attention. I think the new ES has a much better balance in its styling.

Stop hanging out with snoop dogg smoking.
I don't smoke.

And FYI I think the accord looks good and make Acura lineup look utterly terrible.
Glad we agree that the Accord looks good. I also think it's kinda unfair to compare a brand new Accord with a 5 year old TL & TSX. The new RLX (although admittedly overpriced) is imo an attractive vehicle inside and out, and it's certainly more attractive than the Accord.

Last edited by Sens4Miles; 03-27-13 at 12:56 AM.
Old 03-26-13, 11:37 PM
trexlexus
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sensa
I said the rear of the GS looks boring. It does not stand out in a sea of cars on the highway. I see them sometimes around here and they just don't have the presence on the road that screams "luxury" to me. It's styling is too bland from behind compared to other cars in its class (and in some cases below its class, such as the Accord). The front is the complete opposite - it screams for attention. But imo, it's screaming for the wrong kind of attention. I think the new ES has a much better balance in its styling.
From your posts, it seems like you prefer the taillights to have that white strip on top and red on the bottom, like the 4LS, 2013 ES, 2010 Genesis, 2007 Honda Odyssey right?

If so, I completely agree. For some reason, white on red looks better than any other taillight combo.

Quick Reply: Honda Accord uses Lexus check mark LED DRL!?