Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2014 Cadillac CTS @NYIAS

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-13, 10:17 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by natnut
If the CTS with its TT 420hp V6 comes to Singapore, I might consider jumping ship and getting it over the GS.

Acid test will be how it handles compared to the competition.
I miss living in Singapore. Can't wait to go back someday
Old 03-27-13, 11:37 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
WOW. There is a new kid on the block. Throw in a few more coupes, verts, and a true RWD flagship and I would say Cadillac has arrived. Merica'

Being the Ford fan that I am, all I have to say in light of the product onslaught from GM/Cadillac, is Lincoln get your act together!!
Lincoln isn't in this league. They sell warmed up front wheel drive Fords. Basically Lincoln is a Buick competitor now, not a Cadillac competitor.
Old 03-27-13, 11:51 AM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by *Batman*
Lincoln isn't in this league. They sell warmed up front wheel drive Fords. Basically Lincoln is a Buick competitor now, not a Cadillac competitor.
I didn't say they were. If you read my post you would see I said

Being the Ford fan that I am, all I have to say in light of the product onslaught from GM/Cadillac, is Lincoln get your act together!!
Indicating that a fall from grace does not mean the end. It means be inspired by how Cadillac has turned around. There is always a second chance waiting around the corner.

Rumormill suggests a RWD coupe is coming back to Lincoln stay tuned. In the meantime pull the fuse on that "pumped in soundtrack" of your M5. What a disgrace to automobiling BMW. Shame on you.
Old 03-27-13, 12:21 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VSport sounds amazing. Even as a speed freak, I really don't need 556hp...420 is great for stop light to stop light in Midtown
Old 03-29-13, 01:28 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Rumormill suggests a RWD coupe is coming back to Lincoln stay tuned. In the meantime pull the fuse on that "pumped in soundtrack" of your M5. What a disgrace to automobiling BMW. Shame on you.
Don't agree with this. In fact I think more companies should do it.

Of course I speak from experience and you do not.
Old 03-29-13, 03:26 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by *Batman*
Don't agree with this. In fact I think more companies should do it.

Of course I speak from experience and you do not.
Why because I don't own a M5 ? I work at an automall with Lexus, Acura, Infiniti, BMW and Mini. I've sampled most every model save for an Alpina B7, 760Li, M6 Gran Coupe, X6 M, our LFA we just sold and the latest M6 coupe/vert. I'm more than proficient regarding these makes and can just as well speak from experience in regards to my seat time and observations of everything I've driven including the M5
Old 03-29-13, 06:11 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 03-29-13, 07:24 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

It looks pretty nice. Its little bits of details make the car look better than GS. I mean I don't get why Toyota keep using the square cut hood line for cars from 15K to 50K. Infiniti has nice cut hood line on G37/Q50. Caddilac and Acura as well. Heck their LS also has a nice designed hood line cut, I don't know why they keep using ugly square hood line like BMW.
New CTS is a leap above the out going model, that's for sure. New V6 TT will much satisfy stop light racers.
Old 04-02-13, 09:33 AM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think they hit a homerun with this CTS. In person the car definitely has presence. Size-wise it fits perfectly in between the ATS and the XTS. The lights borrow from the ciel and it looks unique and beautiful. Disclose pricing and this should do well for the general.
Old 04-02-13, 07:48 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Originally Posted by Motor
first video was fluff (get so tired of smug execs standing on a stage hurling a stream of superlatives), but this second one (no narration thank God)... is AWESOME.

this is the first sport sedan i've felt this good about since i first laid eyes on the 2GS.

it's unique, elegant, and obviously very capable. handling on that course in the rain was impressively flat. factory wheel fitment looks GREAT. hats off to Cadillac!!!!
Old 04-02-13, 08:30 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

This is a beautiful car. It has the "GS syndrome" with all the styling being up front, but overall it looks elegant. I hated the chopped rear on the last CTS. The redesign makes it look like a complete luxury car that can competently compete with the 5 Series, E Class and GS. I also like the brown interior with the matte wood and the availability of Alcantara. They are definitiely going after Audi with this.

If the twin turbo V6 drives as good as it sounds on paper I may be tempted to part with my GS F Sport. The other deciding factor would be the ease (or not) of using the much-maligned CUE system.
Old 04-02-13, 09:12 PM
LexFather

I must be missing something b/c outside of the lovely front end (which the CTS has always been good at) I think its okay. Wasn't blown away by the ATS or XTS either. I keep seeing E-class. What I think is positive is Cadillac has really created their own styling language and its easy to see in every vehicle and they look pretty damn good across the board. Their interiors have improved and their driving has improved. If you look at numbers though its still the older generation buying them so they might be aimed at sportier/youth but traditional buyers are buying them.

It will be interesting to see the CTS coupe grow up.

Last edited by LexFather; 04-02-13 at 09:18 PM.

Old 04-02-13, 09:48 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

love it

its got elegance and sports

front spoiler looks weird though
Old 04-02-13, 10:37 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

The only problem I foresee is the interior space.

Apparently, the new CTS has gotten narrower and rear leg room has decreased from the previous generation despite the car becoming bigger in external dimensions. The rear leg room is less than the new GS! This might be a result of the new CTS being based off a stretched ATS platform. The ATS is already a very compact chassis.

That might be a deal breaker for me (if the CTS ever came to my part of the world) since the GS already has limited but passable rear passenger space.
Old 04-05-13, 08:56 AM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

I think the VSport looks really promising. People are tuning the CTS-V and if that continues with the new model...with a turbo'd car there are going to be some big gains to be had. It's going to be cool to see how that plays out.

Quick Reply: 2014 Cadillac CTS @NYIAS