Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Advisory Board

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-13, 03:58 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Lexus Advisory Board

For those of you who haven't signed up yet, I and Lexus enthusiasts alike urge you to join the Lexus Advisory Board if you've been sent an email invite from Lexus: https://www.lexusadvisoryboard.com/PORTAL/default.aspx

The survey feedback you submit are a good way to gauge consumer interest in Lexus and future Lexus products and technology.

Last edited by Hoovey689; 03-16-13 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Edited for correct content
Old 03-15-13, 03:59 PM
Hoovey689

The latest LAB survey is out, and this is a big one. It is in regards to Lexus F, and Lexus F-Sport vehicles. Please take this survey!! We need Lexus to know we are serious about a full fledged F division to match toe to toe with M, AMG and S/RS
Old 03-15-13, 11:08 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

How do you join? There is no "register" button or anything...
Old 03-16-13, 07:12 AM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
How do you join? There is no "register" button or anything...
+1, how do you join? It seems to be invitation only.
Old 03-16-13, 07:24 AM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Right, FAQ indicates an invitation needs to appear in one's email before registration is possible. Hoovey, represent us well!!!
Old 03-16-13, 08:20 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

I just filled mine out and maxed the importance of the F branded cars.

Much of the survey was about your familiarity with the BMW, MB and Audi performance divisions.

They also got at how your brand perception changes due to the company having a performance division

Of course they wanted.to know if you would consider an F vehicle yes, an F sport vehicle no or F sport accessories maybe

I actually feel the F sport stuff if faking it and would like to see that go away. The F brand
should be for top performance cars.

My perception of the F sport parts is much higher than the F sport cars.

This was one of my favorite surveys so far

There was one chance for open text inputs and I asked for an AWD rocket ship with a interior that can be custom ordered and no plastic brome
Old 03-16-13, 10:31 AM
TerrySmith
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was invited to join the advisory board soon after I bought my IS F even though I had owned two other Lexus cars for the eight years prior to that. When I registered, they (their computer) seemed to know about the IS F but not my LS or ES. So I assume that invitations come (or came) if you bought a new Lexus after the Board was formed.

I am a Lexus fan and have a lot of brand loyalty based mostly on the cars and also the service I get from the dealers. Because of that, I am very interested in providing specific feedback to whoever makes decisions such that my next Lexus will be even better or at least address little things that bug me (and maybe others).

I have no interest in wasting my time on feedback for stuff I have no interest in buying. The more I like the product, the more feedback I want to give. The point is my negative feedback about Lexus is intended to help improve the product and not dis the product.

So, having said that, I have been a little disappointed with most of the Lexus Advisory Board surveys because:

1. They ("they" being whoever is running these surveys) don't allow some specific, detailed feedback I want to give regarding my cars.
2. They don't provide for general comments which might cover 1 above but also other things like feedback on the surveys like items 1 and 2 on this list.
3. They seem more interested in brand perception than the objective merit of the cars. They are professional marketers and should know what they're doing when they focus on brand perception (I guess that's what sells cars) but I find it vaguely insulting that they think my decisions are made according to how cool the actors look in commercials vs performance, comfort, reliability, service experience, appearance of the car (not the commercial), etc.

So I agree that this survey about the F series was one of the better surveys because while they did ask questions like would having a F series improve my perception of the brand, they also had questions like would you consider purchasing an F car because you like high-performance cars.

I also maxed out on expressing interest in the F series and was "somewhat" interested in F Sport and F Sport Accessories. If the survey would have had a general comments section (per item 2 above), my comment to help make the point would have been: "Hey guys, while your trying to decide if you should make high performance cars, I went out and sold one of my Lexus cars and bought a Porsche." But I'm just one data point in mid-life crises mode.

Another interesting tidbit came from this survey. I had previously researched Lexus sites and Lexus forums (like this one) to determine what, if anything, the F stands for. I found 3 answers (Fast, Flagship, Fuji Raceway) but nothing definitive from Lexus.

One of the questions in the survey stated parenthetically (in passing) that the F is for Fuji Raceway. So, since this survey came from Lexus, Fuji is the Official meaning of the F series.
Old 03-16-13, 04:07 PM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had an invite to participate in a Lexus Advisory Board survey,but there was no link to sign up. Just an online survey.
Old 03-16-13, 05:06 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Would love to register as well, but it seems that this is done by invites only
Old 03-16-13, 05:35 PM
Hoovey689

Content edited
Old 03-16-13, 10:11 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Took the F survey today. I'm sure most can guess the tendency of my responses.

Also, when they asked which Lexus F vehicles I own, I have to admit it was fun to check the LFA box.

Originally Posted by TerrySmith
1. They ("they" being whoever is running these surveys) don't allow some specific, detailed feedback I want to give regarding my cars.
2. They don't provide for general comments which might cover 1 above but also other things like feedback on the surveys like items 1 and 2 on this list.
3. They seem more interested in brand perception than the objective merit of the cars. They are professional marketers and should know what they're doing when they focus on brand perception (I guess that's what sells cars) but I find it vaguely insulting that they think my decisions are made according to how cool the actors look in commercials vs performance, comfort, reliability, service experience, appearance of the car (not the commercial), etc.
The way I look at it is that LAB members (should) span the spectrum of Lexus owners. The reality is that Lexus owners are not all performance enthusiasts. The (sad?) reality is that many of them are probably affected by marketing and brand perception. The (possibly also sad) reality is that the market of potential Lexus buyers includes both categories, and possibly those who value marketing and brand perception more than other factors.

The survey needs to cover all the possible segments that represents Lexus owners and potential owners, so I wouldn't take it personally that many of the questions asked don't apply to us. Similarly, the questions on performance don't apply much to those who care about marketing and brand perception. After all, that's why they ask us - so we can rank those things lower, to show them that we don't care about marketing or brand perception.

If there's one thing my interactions with Lexus demonstrate, it's that if you are willing to take the time to share your thoughts, people from Lexus want to listen. Even today, I am in regular contact with those I was introduced to through the LFA process, including techs and engineers. If there is no e-mail provided to send more info to the LAB on the topics you want to talk about, let me know and I will get you the contact info for the right people.
Old 03-20-13, 09:57 PM
TerrySmith
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gengar
Took the F survey today. I'm sure most can guess the tendency of my responses.

Also, when they asked which Lexus F vehicles I own, I have to admit it was fun to check the LFA box.

The way I look at it is that LAB members (should) span the spectrum of Lexus owners. The reality is that Lexus owners are not all performance enthusiasts. The (sad?) reality is that many of them are probably affected by marketing and brand perception. The (possibly also sad) reality is that the market of potential Lexus buyers includes both categories, and possibly those who value marketing and brand perception more than other factors.

The survey needs to cover all the possible segments that represents Lexus owners and potential owners, so I wouldn't take it personally that many of the questions asked don't apply to us. Similarly, the questions on performance don't apply much to those who care about marketing and brand perception. After all, that's why they ask us - so we can rank those things lower, to show them that we don't care about marketing or brand perception.

If there's one thing my interactions with Lexus demonstrate, it's that if you are willing to take the time to share your thoughts, people from Lexus want to listen. Even today, I am in regular contact with those I was introduced to through the LFA process, including techs and engineers. If there is no e-mail provided to send more info to the LAB on the topics you want to talk about, let me know and I will get you the contact info for the right people.
Congrats on owning an IS-F and LFA!

My point about the LAB was not intended to focus on performance per se. My point is that LAB surveys are more about marketing image than the cars' real attributes - be they performance or luxury or reliability or whatever. I wish the LAB surveys were more focused on what we like and don't like about the cars. They seem more interested in how I'll respond to commercials than the car. I don't really watch the commercials.

I would hope that Lexus does listen - it would be in their best interest, although they have so many customers with so many different opinions and desires that I don't know how they could deal with all the possible feedback.

I appreciate the offer for contact information at Lexus. Unless I missed something, the LAB surveys have no provision for general comments or email addresses for same. The questions provide a limited set of specific answers to choose from and I suspect this allows a computer to automatically tally the results as in: 26% of respondents agree that the brand image is improved by the F line of cars, or something like that.